• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Good Bye, Tucker. And don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Can't put this any better. I remember circa 1990 or so riding in my friend's mom's car and listening to Rush Limbaugh. I didn't know who or what he was other than being a bloviating dumbshit because of his ranting on things like Spotted Owls, CFCs and the ozone, etc... Then I got to college in the mid-1990s and got the internet and learned that this AM radio guy who seemed to be his own thing with "half his brain tied behind his back just to make it fair" was nothing more than a shill for The Heartland Institute barfing back the material spoon fed to him. How anybody can not see how the alt-media works is beyond me. Hannity is a shill for Heritage, etc... It is ridiculous and sad.
3 times the radio on seek (out between cities when there was almost nothing on the dial) found him. I didn't recognize the voice, but every time it didn't take long at all for him to engage in some form of deceptive speech.

Who Will Replace Tucker Carlson at Fox News? Here Are Mediaite’s Top Picks with American-style betting odds.

Greg Gutfeld (+250), Tulsi Gabbard (+750), Kayleigh McEnany (+2000), Brian Kilmeade (+500), Pete Hegseth (+1500), Meghan McCain (+6000), Jesse Watters (+150), Clay Travis (+2000), Dana Perino (+1000), Tiffany Cross (+75000), Will Cain (+500), Vivek Ramaswamy (+20000), Donald Trump (+7500)

American odds: if positive, payoff for betting 100, if negative, what one needs to pay to get back 100. For odnm = odds/100, the probability of winning is, for odnm > 0, 1/(odnm+1), and for odnm < 0, (-odnm)/((-odnm)+1). I calculated the probabilities, and they add up to 1.42.

Scaled version:
Greg Gutfeld (+400), Tulsi Gabbard (+1000), Kayleigh McEnany (+3000), Brian Kilmeade (+750), Pete Hegseth (+2000), Meghan McCain (+9000), Jesse Watters (+250), Clay Travis (+3000), Dana Perino (+1500), Tiffany Cross (+100000), Will Cain (+750), Vivek Ramaswamy (+30000), Donald Trump (+10000)

Gleeful Tucker Carlson tells DailyMail.com his future plans | Daily Mail Online
  • Tucker Carlson was 'blindsided' by the news that he was let go from Fox News on Monday after spending 14 years at the network - despite being the network's biggest primetime star
  • 'I haven’t eaten dinner with my wife on a weeknight in seven years,' the TV firebrand told DailyMail.com
  • Tucker spent Tuesday huddling with right-hand man Justin Wells - who lost his executive producer gig - as the cable news veterans plotted their next move

Fox News Prime-Time Ratings Plummet After Tucker Carlson's Firing
In a shocking development to come just a few short days after unceremoniously axing Carlson from the network on Monday morning, Fox News reportedly lost approximately 1.5 million audience members by replacing Tucker Carlson Tonight with Fox News Tonight.

According to data shared by Nielsen on Wednesday, only 1.7 million viewers tuned in to watch Fox News Tonight with Fox & Friends host Brian Kilmeade at 8 PM.

That is compared to the 2.5 million viewers Carlson averaged last week, as well as the 3.2 million viewers Carlson garnered on average in the first quarter of 2023.
That's a drop by a factor of 2.

Fox News's management must be concerned about something *big* for them to kick out their biggest star.

At least one of Fox's competitors has benefited from this action.
Meanwhile, fellow conservative news network Newsmax reportedly benefitted from Fox News’ prime-time ratings plummet with 562,000 viewers tuning in to watch Eric Bolling the Balance at 8 PM on Tuesday night – five times the number of viewers who tuned in to Newsmax at the same time one week earlier.

Also surprising was the Nielsen data that found Fox News Tonight managed to top its competitors at MSNBC and CNN despite the drastic slump in ratings – although Fox did reportedly suffer in the key advertisement and all-important 25 to 54 age demographic.

Finally,
"Fox News Media and Tucker Carlson have agreed to part ways,” the network said, while Fox News insiders later confirmed Carlson was fired. “We thank him for his service to the network as a host and prior to that as a contributor.”

Radar Online claims that some fellow employees were glad to see TC and DL go.

Fox News Staffers Are Over-The-Moon After Tucker Carlson Was Fired: Source
and
CNN Staffers Celebrate Don Lemon's Firing; Sources

Fired CNN Host Don Lemon Reveals Plans After Sudden Exit From Network
“I’m gonna spend my summer on the beach and on the boat, and with my family,” he told DiDario. “Just chill out and then I’ll see what happens next, but I’m fortunate enough to be in a position where I can do that.”

“I have time,” he added. “I don’t have to rush to another job, even if I want another job.”

Who Will Replace Tucker Carlson at Fox News? Here Are Mediaite’s Top Picks

Some of the comments:

andrew: "My choice is MTG. She only makes about $174k as a member of Congress. Fox could pay her a few million $$$ and she could rant and rave and get all those Fox viewers back who can't resist watching a house on fire."

She's grumbled about how little she makes as a Congressmember, so that would fit.

OTOH: "Anyone else notice the MEDIAite troll-o-sphere has been missing many of the usual Putin-oriented trolls since Tuckums got canned? Almost like they're awaiting fresh orders."

This Otter Be Good:
Exclusive chat with DailyMail:

‘Retirement is going great so far,’ chuckled Carlson, 53, as he emerged from his $5.5 million beach home in Boca Grande, Florida on Tuesday night.

‘I haven’t eaten dinner with my wife on a weeknight in seven years.’

Pressed on his future, the flame-throwing former host of Tucker Carlson Tonight flashed a broad smile and joked: ‘Appetizers plus entree.’

Who Will Replace Tucker Carlson at Fox News? Here Are Mediaite’s Top Picks with American-style betting odds.

Greg Gutfeld (+250), Tulsi Gabbard (+750), Kayleigh McEnany (+2000), Brian Kilmeade (+500), Pete Hegseth (+1500), Meghan McCain (+6000), Jesse Watters (+150), Clay Travis (+2000), Dana Perino (+1000), Tiffany Cross (+75000), Will Cain (+500), Vivek Ramaswamy (+20000), Donald Trump (+7500)

American odds: if positive, payoff for betting 100, if negative, what one needs to pay to get back 100. For odnm = odds/100, the probability of winning is, for odnm > 0, 1/(odnm+1), and for odnm < 0, (-odnm)/((-odnm)+1). I calculated the probabilities, and they add up to 1.42.

Scaled version:
Greg Gutfeld (+400), Tulsi Gabbard (+1000), Kayleigh McEnany (+3000), Brian Kilmeade (+750), Pete Hegseth (+2000), Meghan McCain (+9000), Jesse Watters (+250), Clay Travis (+3000), Dana Perino (+1500), Tiffany Cross (+100000), Will Cain (+750), Vivek Ramaswamy (+30000), Donald Trump (+10000)

Gleeful Tucker Carlson tells DailyMail.com his future plans | Daily Mail Online
  • Tucker Carlson was 'blindsided' by the news that he was let go from Fox News on Monday after spending 14 years at the network - despite being the network's biggest primetime star
  • 'I haven’t eaten dinner with my wife on a weeknight in seven years,' the TV firebrand told DailyMail.com
  • Tucker spent Tuesday huddling with right-hand man Justin Wells - who lost his executive producer gig - as the cable news veterans plotted their next move
I wonder how Mrs Carlson feels about eating dinner more often with this ass.

With an ass and with a freak.

Let's face it, tuning in to Tuckums was tuning in to a freak show. Here you could hear all those idiotic things few other idiots would say. Tuckums was a circus act that appeals to the most basic animal in everyone, no simpler way to put it. Limbaugh, Greene, Hannity, Tuckums, etc. GOP freaks all. And now that the freak is gone the viewership is down, the macabre attraction isn't there anymore so people are staying away from the circus. Get another good freak in there and the suckers will be back.

I must object to the thread title.

"Ass" is presented as being a part of his body. Wrong--he simply is an ass, it's not a body part.

Body parts aside, this should be (but it won't be) a wake up call for the MAGA folks who still think the election was "stolen."

If they were right, and there was so much obvious evidence of "widespread voter fraud," then this should have been an easy win for Fox. Dominion sues for lying about the election results? Simple. Just present all your evidence that they actually did steal the election. You had Rudy and Sidney and Mikey on your network pushing the narrative, so when the attorneys got called, all you had to do was say "your honor, here's the proof...please dismiss this case and find for our clients."

Yet Fox didn't do that. Weird, huh?

Sure, they said all the texts and emails uncovered in discovery were "taken out of context" but never in their defense did they say "yeah but the election was really stolen and we've got the goods." In fact they paid out over 3/4 of a billion dollars to keep the case from going to trial.

But wait! There's more! If they really had the goods, it wouldn't just be a slam-dunk to get the lawsuit dismissed. No, if they had proof that the 2020 election was "stolen," then it would be the biggest political news scoop in American history. Say what you will about Fox as a credible news organization, but there's no way they would sleep on that. Instead of Tucker saying "I'm just asking questions," it would be non-stop "here's the proof that Dominion, Smartmatic, Joe Biden, and George Soros stole the 2020 election. Tonight on Fox, we're preempting Tucker, Sean, and Laura to broadcast a 3 hour explosive documentary."

They'd have ratings that would make the Superbowl sad. They'd make money hand over fist. There is no way Rupert would let that chance slip by.

Yet this is what the MAGA crowd would have you believe. That Fox is sitting on a mountain of evidence that would have not only saved them 787 million, but made them billions more and they sat on it because...reasons.

The fact they didn’t just tells you how powerful George Soros and the Deep State are. They even forced Fox to fire Tucker, the only one who could bring out the truth.

After Trump lost, he hired two companies to find evidence of how the election was stolen. Both reported that there was no evidence that the election was stolen. This was done soon after Trump lost. Trump then knew the election was fair and not stolen. The author of one of these studies has just been subpeonaed by the DOJ.

Shadowy Man said:
The fact they didn’t just tells you how powerful George Soros and the Deep State are. They even forced Fox to fire Tucker, the only one who could bring out the truth.

After Trump lost, he hired two companies to find evidence of how the election was stolen. Both reported that there was no evidence that the election was stolen. This was done soon after Trump lost. Trump then knew the election was fair and not stolen. The author of one of these studies has just been subpeonaed by the DOJ.
I've been telling my Trumptard friends that we did steal the election and they will never be able to figure it out because we are that much smarter and more clever. I can't say if it pisses them off because I've said that to three persons and received no response. I'll keep trying.

I highly doubt Fox wasn't aware of anything about tucker. He was fired because the math didn't add up to keep him.

Shadowy Man said:

I've been telling my Trumptard friends that we did steal the election and they will never be able to figure it out because we are that much smarter and more clever. I can't say if it pisses them off because I've said that to three persons and received no response. I'll keep trying.
It will never occur to them that we stole it by voting.

“One of the first things you realize when you step outside the noise for a few days is how many genuinely nice people there are in this country,” Carlson started. “Kind and decent people, people who really care about what’s true. And a bunch of hilarious people, also. A lot of those. It’s gotta be the majority of the population, even now. So that’s heartening.”
He continued, “The other thing you notice when you take a little time off is how unbelievably stupid most of the debates you see on television are. They’re completely irrelevant. They mean nothing. In five years, we won’t even remember that we had them. Trust me, as someone who has participated. And then at the same time, and this is the amazing thing, the undeniably big topics, the ones that will define our future, get virtually no discussion at all. War. Civil liberties. Emerging science. Demographic change. Corporate power. Natural resources. When was the last time you heard a legitimate debate about any of those issues? It’s been a long time. Debates like that are not permitted in American media.”
Though he never addressed Fox News directly, Carlson finished his statement by saying that America’s “current orthodoxies won’t last” and there “aren’t many places left” where one can find “Americans saying true things.”
“Both political parties, and their donors, have reached consensus on what benefits them, and they actively collude to shut down any conversation about it. Suddenly, the United States looks very much like a one-party state. That’s a depressing realization, but it’s not permanent. Our current orthodoxies won’t last. They’re brain dead. Nobody actually believes them. Hardly anyone’s life is improved by them. This moment is too inherently ridiculous to continue. And so it won’t,” Carlson said. “The people in charge know this; that’s why they’re hysterical and aggressive. They’re afraid. They’ve given up persuasion, they’re resorting to force. But it won’t work. When honest people say what’s true, calmly and without embarrassment, they become powerful. At the same time, the liars, who have been trying to silence them, shrink and they become weaker. That’s the iron law of the universe. True things prevail. Where can you still find Americans saying true things? There aren’t many places left, but there are some. And that’s enough. As long as you can hear the words, there is hope. See you soon.”
How will the world ever replace every single irony meter on the planet?

I've gotta admit, I'm kinda impressed with Tucker at the moment. He posted a 2 minute rant that said absolutely nothing but platitudes and yet he still come off sounding like a self righteous hypocritical piece of shit. You can't train for that; you either have that sort of talent or you don't.

It will never occur to them that we stole it by voting.
Are you kidding? What did you think all that voter suppression was about? They already know, and they're desperately scrabbling for a way to stop that shit.
The politicians obviously know it’s all BS, but the average MAGAdiot still believes it was stolen.

Holy fucking fuck. Just to add a bit of context to this video, Tucker is discussing interviewing someone who is currently under house arrest and has already been parodied by South Park for allegations of being a rapist and sex trafficker in the interests of making said person look more "legitimate" and mainstream.

FOX news is really just a prison. When you couple this leaked video with this article (I don't like linking to Kos, but the original Rolling Stone article is paywalled), the inmates/hosts are starting to get very worried about snitches,

Back
Top Bottom