• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Good Bye, Tucker. And don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Then about Ron DeSantis and Ukraine. When asked about that country's war by TC, he said that it was a "territorial dispute", but after pressure from Senate Republicans, he backed off.

The idea of someone as weak and malleable as DuhSantis becoming President is … well … we know what that is, because we had one of those for four years. But IMO he’d have a much better chance of winning in a general election than any of his competitors. Yikes.

Go, Donald! You are the hope of the nation, and we are counting on you to lead the GQP down the drain to the losers’ cesspit wherein you reside!!
Sincerely,
Your Biggest Primary Fan

Meanwhile Disney is now suing DeSatanist. Don't mess with the mouse! There will be many entertaining developments to come. Comedy gold for late night show comedians. Disney is suing because they are being purposefully destoyed for speaking out, exercising their 1st amendment rights.
In a better world (before citizens united) a big conglomerate corporation would not have 1st amendment rights in the first place. A huge corporation with other obvious advantages should not be treated with the same rights as an individual human citizen IMO

In their final poll, 538 had Clinton a 72% favorite in their “polls +” model, and I think only a tick or two below that in their “polls-only” model
So, you distrust 538 because you <deleted> think that a 4:1 bet is absolutely certain to lose?

The odds given by 538 of a Trump victory were better than those of the only Grand National winner in the last ten years to start as favourite.

Your inability to understand how statistics work shouldn't be a reason for you to be skeptical of the predictions of people who do understand how statistics work.

Last edited by a moderator:
April 18, 2023 Fox pays $787 million because Tucker talked crap about Dominion.
When did he talk crap about Dominion? Anywhere to cite on this? I'm reading the left making this talking point with no cites. Meanwhile the right is saying he was one of the few on Fox giving Dominion the benefit of the doubt. So I don't know what is real.

He was fired for exactly the same reason Phil Donnahue was. Timestamp from 2:50 to 7:15 here:

You just do not go against big pharma and expect to live.

Paradoxically it is the same liberals (on this board and other places) who are cheering his demise, yet he was one of the few telling us the truth about big pharma, who are the biggest enemy of the US poor.

Both of those videos are quite literally years old. Congrats on you just figuring it out by the way.

You really have no idea how ignorant you are, do you? You honestly believe you represent the working class whilst providing oral pleasure to billionaires. That's an impressive skill. I'm just confused as to why you are so proud of such an accomplishment.

I don't know that much and would agree with you there. But I do know this much....that both of us are plenty ignorant today with what really goes on in the world. And that the main difference between the two of us is the type of bubble we are in.

Then about Ron DeSantis and Ukraine. When asked about that country's war by TC, he said that it was a "territorial dispute", but after pressure from Senate Republicans, he backed off.

The idea of someone as weak and malleable as DuhSantis becoming President is … well … we know what that is, because we had one of those for four years. But IMO he’d have a much better chance of winning in a general election than any of his competitors. Yikes.

Go, Donald! You are the hope of the nation, and we are counting on you to lead the GQP down the drain to the losers’ cesspit wherein you reside!!
Sincerely,
Your Biggest Primary Fan

Meanwhile Disney is now suing DeSatanist. Don't mess with the mouse! There will be many entertaining developments to come. Comedy gold for late night show comedians. Disney is suing because they are being purposefully destoyed for speaking out, exercising their 1st amendment rights.
In a better world (before citizens united) a big conglomerate corporation would not have 1st amendment rights in the first place. A huge corporation with other obvious advantages should not be treated with the same rights as an individual human citizen IMO
The funny part about Disney was they didn't say a word until after the legislation was passed. Then they offered a tepid, feckless, statement on the issue, after the fact. And DeSantis still is attacking them.

In their final poll, 538 had Clinton a 72% favorite in their “polls +” model, and I think only a tick or two below that in their “polls-only” model
So, you distrust 538 because you're dim enough to think that a 4:1 bet is absolutely certain to lose?

The odds given by 538 of a Trump victory were better than those of the only Grand National winner in the last ten years to start as favourite.

Your inability to understand how statistics work shouldn't be a reason for you to be skeptical of the predictions of people who do understand how statistics work.
And I think 538 got it wrong because of Republican voter suppression--the actual vote didn't line up because the Republicans succeeded in suppressing enough D votes.

I don't know that much and would agree with you there. But I do know this much....that both of us are plenty ignorant today with what really goes on in the world. And that the main difference between the two of us is the type of bubble we are in.
Seriously? You're comfortable with the delusion everyone is as ignorant as yourself after being consistently proven wrong? And I mean consistently.

Yikes, dude.

You just do not go against big pharma and expect to live.

Paradoxically it is the same liberals (on this board and other places) who are cheering his demise, yet he was one of the few telling us the truth about big pharma, who are the biggest enemy of the US poor.
What on earth are you posting about? People have known for years that big ______ (you fill in the blank) are the biggest enemy of the US poor, let alone the world poor.

Do you have a link with a date that shows Mr. Carlson making a credible argument that big pharma is the biggest enemy of the US poor?

What I don't understand is, when the US is supposedly getting great STEM education in trade for the loss of the humanities, Americans still understand jack shit about probability and statistics.

Seriously? You're comfortable with the delusion everyone is as ignorant as yourself after being consistently proven wrong? And I mean consistently.

Yikes, dude.

Yes, seriously. The delusion is overpowering.

It is worth remembering that the people who cry the loudest about the "mainstream media" are willfully ignorant of the fact that Fox News is part of one of the largest mainstream media empires on the planet. Founded by a billionaire and hosted by a slew of millionaire elites who take limos to work every day. "Oh, but I don't pay attention to mainstream media! I listen to talk radio to hear the truth the MSM won't tell you!"

Most of the right wing talk radio shows are produced and distributed by what is far and away the largest mainstream media radio empire anywhere. They are so pervasive that other mainstream media companies can't help but carry their content. When I worked for them, the company was owned by impossibly wealthy elites, and I have friends who became millionaires working for this "upstart" company.

The folks who think they're consuming content that "the mainstream media don't want you to see" are literally consuming mainstream media content.

So, you distrust 538 because you're dim enough to think that a 4:1 bet is absolutely certain to lose?

<deleted>

I just knew [someone] would skip right through all my qualifiers about “yes, I know 538 was issuing a probability, not a guarantee, and yes, there’s a margin of error, etc.” and tell me I “didn’t understand statistics well enough” to even comment on them. Well, thanks, Sheriff, but I understand statistics just fine.

My only point was, and is, that for all the grandstanding 538 did about their superiority over all other models, they whiffed on it too. By less than most, so, kudos to them, I guess, but they way they act, one could fairly expect them to not just “miss by less,” but to successfully predict the actual winner.

Had they represented themselves more as one predictive model, among many, I wouldn’t have held their whiff against them at all. It’s only relative to the esteem they held their model in that they dropped a notch in my eyes, and that’s all I said.

Last edited by a moderator:
The folks who think they're consuming content that "the mainstream media don't want you to see" are literally consuming mainstream media content.
Clearly a fact lost on FAUXtards and MAGAtards. I don't expect much to change in the consumption of misinformation from these type sources. After all it's just like religion, supply and demand. Some folks just love their woo.

When did he talk crap about Dominion? Anywhere to cite on this? I'm reading the left making this talking point with no cites. Meanwhile the right is saying he was one of the few on Fox giving Dominion the benefit of the doubt. So I don't know what is real.

Let me clarify some things here. Tucker wasn't the only host that bashed Dominion. Dobbs, Hannity & Pirro did as well. The only difference between Tucker and the rest of them is that Fox took the hit in stride for the others and not Tucker because he has additional liabilities. I highly doubt that if Dominion had no grounds that Fox would all of a sudden dump Tucker for his other liabilities** as Tucker's show made decent revenue. So yeah, if not for the 787.5 million loss, Tucker would still be there.

With that said, it was his interview with Mike Lindell (the my pillow guy), where the crap talking about Dominion happened.

** Allegedly bad mouthing Trump at a time when Fox was trying to keep Trump happy and get viewers back from Newsmax and One America News was seen as an additional loss by Fox. Fox doesn't care about a healthy work environment so the other issues with Sucker Tucker (involving women in the work place) means nothing to them.

Let me clarify some things here. Tucker wasn't the only host that bashed Dominion. Dobbs, Hannity & Pirro did as well. The only difference between Tucker and the rest of them is that Fox took the hit in stride for the others and not Tucker because he has additional liabilities. I highly doubt that if Dominion had no grounds that Fox would all of a sudden dump Tucker for his other liabilities** as Tucker's show made decent revenue. So yeah, if not for the 787.5 million loss, Tucker would still be there.

With that said, it was his interview with Mike Lindell (the my pillow guy), where the crap talking about Dominion happened.

** Allegedly bad mouthing Trump at a time when Fox was trying to keep Trump happy and get viewers back from Newsmax and One America News was seen as an additional loss by Fox. Fox doesn't care about a healthy work environment so the other issues with Sucker Tucker (involving women in the work place) means nothing to them.
Fox dumped Dobbs two years ago, one day after Smartmatic filed suit against him.

Fox dumped Dobbs two years ago, one day after Smartmatic filed suit against him.

Forgot about that. :ROFLMAO: This is not the first and last time Fox dropped someone because they cost (or may cost) Fox money.

Yikes, dude.

Yes, seriously. The delusion is overpowering.

It is worth remembering that the people who cry the loudest about the "mainstream media" are willfully ignorant of the fact that Fox News is part of one of the largest mainstream media empires on the planet. Founded by a billionaire and hosted by a slew of millionaire elites who take limos to work every day. "Oh, but I don't pay attention to mainstream media! I listen to talk radio to hear the truth the MSM won't tell you!"

Most of the right wing talk radio shows are produced and distributed by what is far and away the largest mainstream media radio empire anywhere. They are so pervasive that other mainstream media companies can't help but carry their content. When I worked for them, the company was owned by impossibly wealthy elites, and I have friends who became millionaires working for this "upstart" company.

Can't put this any better. I remember circa 1990 or so riding in my friend's mom's car and listening to Rush Limbaugh. I didn't know who or what he was other than being a bloviating dumbshit because of his ranting on things like Spotted Owls, CFCs and the ozone, etc... Then I got to college in the mid-1990s and got the internet and learned that this AM radio guy who seemed to be his own thing with "half his brain tied behind his back just to make it fair" was nothing more than a shill for The Heartland Institute barfing back the material spoon fed to him. How anybody can not see how the alt-media works is beyond me. Hannity is a shill for Heritage, etc... It is ridiculous and sad.

Can't put this any better. I remember circa 1990 or so riding in my friend's mom's car and listening to Rush Limbaugh. I didn't know who or what he was other than being a bloviating dumbshit because of his ranting on things like Spotted Owls, CFCs and the ozone, etc... Then I got to college in the mid-1990s and got the internet and learned that this AM radio guy who seemed to be his own thing with "half his brain tied behind his back just to make it fair" was nothing more than a shill for The Heartland Institute barfing back the material spoon fed to him. How anybody can not see how the alt-media works is beyond me. Hannity is a shill for Heritage, etc... It is ridiculous and sad.
It's because there are lots of not-so-smart people who don't really give a fuck about anything but themselves.

Fox News Refused To Pay Tucker Carlson Severance After Sudden Firing: ‘Everyone Expects’ Ousted Anchor To Launch Multi-Million Dollar Lawsuit Over Axing
Fox told Tucker Carlson’s lawyers he was fired “with cause" — related to the ex-producer’s lawsuit which claimed sexism, antisemitism, and harassment, RadarOnline.comhas learned.

The “with cause” label means the company will likely seek to avoid severance payments to Carlson. Most executive contracts contain language stipulating different scenarios of how their separation from the company would be treated financially.

Fox has a history of paying out its talent and executives, with examples including Bill O’Reilly and Roger Ailes.

Fox told Tucker Carlson’s lawyers he was fired “with cause" — related to the ex-producer’s lawsuit which claimed sexism, antisemitism, and harassment, RadarOnline.com has learned.

The “with cause” label means the company will likely seek to avoid severance payments to Carlson. Most executive contracts contain language stipulating different scenarios of how their separation from the company would be treated financially.

Fox has a history of paying out its talent and executives, with examples including Bill O’Reilly and Roger Ailes.

“Times have changed. The days of a golden parachute when confronted with allegations like this are over," a source told RadarOnline.com hours after Carlson's firing was made public.

"If Tucker fights — which everyone expects he will — Fox will dig in. There will be no scenario under the sun in which he gets a massive windfall against the backdrop of sexism, antisemitism, and harassment. They can’t reward that kind of behavior. Fox has learned its lesson from scandals of the past.”
So he was fired. Everybody seems to think that he was, and there is good reason to believe he was, despite the lack of an official announcement.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Trashes Fox News Over Tucker Firing, Accuses Network of Having ‘Caved to the Woke Mob’ also Marjorie Taylor Greene Turns on Fox News for Firing Tucker Carlson

"Appearing on Wednesday’s edition of The Balance on Newsmax, Greene – an occasional guest on Fox News – claimed Fox has lost its conservative way."

Fox Reportedly Made ‘Startling Discovery’ About Tucker Carlson’s Private Messages Day Before Dominion Trial
The reporting came a day after the Wall Street Journal – which like Fox, is part of Rupert Murdoch’s media empire – said Carlson was unhappy when he found out a message he sent calling a Fox News executive the c-word would be redacted in a filing.

“He told his colleagues that he wanted the world to know what he had said about the executive in a private message, the people said,” the Journal reported.

Noting
Tucker Carlson’s Vulgar, Offensive Messages About Colleagues Helped Seal His Fate at Fox News - WSJ - "Prime-time host called senior executive the c-word in redacted missive; network grew wary of further embarrassment from possible disclosure"

Back
Top Bottom