• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

GOP Convention

Cheerful Charlie

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Strong Atheist
Monday, the GOP convention starts. Lately, Orango The Clown has been playing the religion card. I am wondering if he will go that way to get the fundagelicals out to the voting booth? After a convention, the party that is holding the convention usually gets a bump in the polls. But sometimes that is short lived and a week later things get back to normal. That is going to bear watching. There will be mighty trumpeting for a few days, until the bump fades away.

The sideshow is going to open up for our entertainment pleasure.

Monday, the GOP convention starts. Lately, Orango The Clown has been playing the religion card. I am wondering if he will go that way to get the fundagelicals out to the voting booth? After a convention, the party that is holding the convention usually gets a bump in the polls. But sometimes that is short lived and a week later things get back to normal. That is going to bear watching. There will be mighty trumpeting for a few days, until the bump fades away.

The only guarantee is that Trump himself makes money.

Trump properties have made over $17 million from the campaign and the RNC

Of course the best convention hall for the DC events (which also illegally use taxpayer properties for a partisan event) happens to be right across the street from the Trump Hotel, which raised its rates by over 60% the day that Trump teased moving "his" party there...

So The Republican National Convention - oh, oops, can't call it that because the "real" one is in NC - whatever it is, is a fantastic success already.
What a businessman! We should elect him President and go shoot up some disinfectant to celebrate. .

I have a fantasy.

Melania really hates Donald. She also hates living in Washington. Both pretty obvious points. My fantasy is Melania spills all the beans about the Donald during her speech. I see the cameras being cut off while she's rushed from the stage.

I have a fantasy.

I have a fantasy.

Melania really hates Donald. She also hates living in Washington. Both pretty obvious points. My fantasy is Melania spills all the beans about the Donald during her speech. I see the cameras being cut off while she's rushed from the stage.

I have a fantasy.

I just heard this morning an ex-aide to Melania has tapes of Mel talking about the Trump kids in, shall we say, an unflattering manner. And the aide is coming out with a book.

ETA: Found a link.

I never dreamed I could support the GOP party platform but it looks like this year, I will be able to, at least in part, if this article is correct:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...mail&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_daily202

There is irony that the GOP has voted to keep its 2016 platform because that document decried the “current administration” and “the president” at several points without naming Barack Obama. These are just a few of the awkward lines from the platform that the RNC has decided to keep in place until 2024:

“The huge increase in the national debt demanded by and incurred during the current Administration has placed a significant burden on future generations.”
“The current Administration has exceeded its constitutional authority, brazenly and flagrantly violated the separation of powers, sought to divide America into groups and turn citizen against citizen.”
“The current Administration has abandoned America’s friends and rewarded its enemies.”
“The President has refused to defend or enforce laws he does not like, used executive orders to enact national policies in areas constitutionally reserved solely to Congress, made unconstitutional ‘recess’ appointments to Senate-confirmed positions, directed regulatory agencies to overstep their statutory authority, and failed to consult Congress regarding military action overseas.”

I have a fantasy.

I have a fantasy.

“And now she’s gone.”
“What do you mean, gone?”
“She’s gone and we couldn’t do nothing about it.”
“What do you mean?” “What do you mean?”
“She gone.” “She’s gone.”

I have a fantasy.

I have a fantasy.
Of course, what can she say that we don't already know, other than saying she walked in on Donald and Ivanka?

I have a fantasy.

I have a fantasy.

I just heard this morning an ex-aide to Melania has tapes of Mel talking about the Trump kids in, shall we say, an unflattering manner. And the aide is coming out with a book.

ETA: Found a link.
According to the link, what the tapes are of is unknown. I'm not hopeful of knowing anything more. Though Donald Jr may get grumpy at his hot step mom.

I just know I won't watch any of it (other than post analysis, as I don't want to give FFvC any rating numbers as he is obsessed with them...but it sounds like he has already started with his whining instead of that great idea of talking positive...so shocking.

I have a fantasy.

I have a fantasy.

“And now she’s gone.”
“What do you mean, gone?”
“She’s gone and we couldn’t do nothing about it.”
“What do you mean?” “What do you mean?”
“She gone.” “She’s gone.”

"And she has changed all the locks at Mar A Lago".

I just know I won't watch any of it (other than post analysis, as I don't want to give FFvC any rating numbers as he is obsessed with them...but it sounds like he has already started with his whining instead of that great idea of talking positive...so shocking.

When Trumpo speaks, all I can hear is "Ook! Ook! Ook!".

When Trumpo speaks, all I can hear is "Ook! Ook! Ook!".

Well, he does have at least 3 qualities shared by Koko the gorilla: limited vocabulary, talks with his hands a lot, and a nipple fixation -- demands to see nipples. (See Koko's wikipedia page for verification. Talk to any of 20 women for verification on Trump.)

I watched about 20 minutes of the opening and they lost me with the lecture given by the guy leading the Pledge of Allegiance about there not being a comma before "under God" and how that will never and can never change if the Republicans have their way. Then the pastor leading the prayer ends by asking God to help the Democrats turn away from the dark side. And the delegates responded with applause! Who applauds after a prayer??

ETA -
They're saying the 2020 Republican platform is simply to support anything Donald Trump wants them to do: GOP announces no new 2020 platform, party to 'enthusiastically support' Trump agenda

The 2020 Democratic Party Platform is 92 pages long.

About two hurricanes:
Joe Waczewski on Twitter: "@AOC ... and it will hit while they are doing this..👇 🤢🤮 https://t.co/vcaokSBX7W" / Twitter
  • Monday - Land of Promise - Donald Trump, Jr.
  • Tuesday - Land of Opportunity - Melania Trump
  • Wednesday - Land of Heroes - Mike Pence, his wife Karen Pence
  • Thursday - Land of Greatness - Pres. Trump, Ivanka Trump
Is this some royal family?

Get ready for TrumpFest, America — there's no Republican Party anymore | Salon.com
he theme of this week's Republican National Convention will be "Honoring the Great American Story" which, since every member of Trump's immediate family except Barron will speak, must refer to the great American tradition of inheriting great wealth for each successive, spoiled and inept generation to squander. (Unsurprisingly, Trump's sister, former federal judge Maryanne Trump Barry, won't be in attendance after tapes of her calling him a lying, cruel, unprincipled, untrustworthy, brat were given to the media by his niece Mary.)

With all that family in attendance, you'd think they could have made a little room for Trump's consigliere and wife-in-a-sexless-marriage. But no. Trump's most important advisers will be relegated to cheerleading on Fox after the show.

Other than Pompeo and all the Trumps, the lineup is what you would expect of a Trump convention. They have scheduled Rep. Matt Gaetz of Florida and Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio, Donald Trump Jr.'s girlfriend, a couple of former NFL players, the couple who pulled guns on Black Lives Matter protesters in St. Louis, and Rudy Giuliani, along with Vice President Pence and his wife, former UN ambassador Nikki Haley, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy.
Kellyanne Conway pulled out all of a sudden, and the only endangered Senator showing up is Joni Ernst of Iowa.

No new party platform:
Resolution regarding the Republican Party platform - "RESOLVED, That the 2020 Republican National Convention will adjourn without adopting a new platform until the 2024 Republican National Convention."

But:
Nicole Sganga on Twitter: "NEW: President Trump has released his second term agenda — a 50 point bulleted list 👇 (link)" / Twitter
noting
Trump Campaign Announces President Trump's 2nd Term Agenda: Fighting for You! | Donald J. Trump for President

adam from philly on Twitter: "@NicoleSganga I’ve done some half-assed thrown together bulleted agendas in my time and this one’s a doozy." / Twitter

Tony Frontier on Twitter: "@NicoleSganga That list is an absolute joke. Any CEO who submitted that to a board of directors would be fired immediately. It’s essentially
-create a bazillion jobs!
-gain market share!
-outmaneuver competitors!
-decrease costs!
-increase profits!" / Twitter

Traditionally, the nominee just pops his or her head in once or twice during the first few days and then appears for the finale to make the big speech. Trump is having none of that. He will apparently take the 10 p.m. slot every night to speak to the country because, as the Times reported, "the president wants the opportunity to rebut charges made against him throughout the Democratic program ... particularly on his handling of the coronavirus crisis."

That does sound uplifting, doesn't it? Feel the magic, America.

I will be so glad when your circus (sorry, damn election) leaves town.
You have >320 million people. How did you manage to select 2 old codgers? What is wrong with your audition panels (the word audition was chosen deliberately)?

Back
Top Bottom