• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Harris will likely win

My reason no. 1

Republican women will vote for Harris.

I've not seen these notes - but this is powerful

Women may be intimidated by violence or verbal abuse. they can say they are voting for Cheato but may be really not.

This is an issue. The GOP have done a great job of convincing people that inflation was all Biden's fault. And the economy is doing good, just not awesome. Meanwhile Europe is struggling with inflation and their economies are weaker. Biden just can't win it seems.
It was partly his fault. He let the Pandemic era largess go on well after the economy had reopened. And he wanted to spend trillions more - only brave stand by Manchin and Sinema saved us from a two-digit inflation. You mention Europe, but it is not like European governments did /do not have their own problem with "drunken sailor" spending.
As a reminder, deficits under the GOP have been staggering. At least the Dems try to reinvest in our country. You really don't appreciate how badly the GOP has starved states and how municipalities often can't get anything built without federal funds.
They are also staggering under Biden. Except for the COVID spike, deficits under Biden are higher than under Trump. Or Obama.
View attachment 48251
The upshot is that we are now paying more on interest than on defense.
So was Biden. The annual SS surplus was a big player in that balancing act. We don't have that anymore. That accounting gimmick is dead. Clinton also signed Phil Gramm's "We gonna regret this in about 10 years" deregulation bill that was a big player in the global economic crash in 2008.
Biden ran as a moderate. But his spending plans were lifted from the Book of Bernie.
Lots of people are fed up with all the fake problems that aren't impacting their lives one wit. There is no "open border".
If people can get in just by saying the magic word "asylum" it is a de-facto open border.
There are no "hoards" of illegals.
But there definitely are hordes.
20326.jpeg

The big problem for Kamala is that she was appointed the Border Czarina while Veep.
Her other problem is that she was running in 2020, and during the Democratic debates in 2019, candidates were tripping over each other trying to appear more permissive on mass migration than the others. It was disgusting to behold!
There is no fucking "border Czar". It is a media made up title.
She was asked by Biden to look for ways to help people stay in their own countries.
Please stop spreading that Faux lie.

It was not that Hillary was bad, it was that she was the victim of years of demonization by the Republicans.
Hillary is not a good politician. She does not have the charisma of Bill, nor the self-awareness to recognize that.
She also has poor judgment,
I think history has shown that neither “self-awareness” nor “good judgment” are particularly important characteristics for getting elected to President.

The lack of skepticism around the polls has been annoying me.
Why should the polls be alarming folks? They are echo'ing '16 and '20. We've learned that the Republicans will vote for whomever is on the ticket, and that Evangelical just meant racist MoFo.
462567979_571382295560232_3106982691997450058_n.jpg

Here is my prediction map. Based on what you ask? Just my completely non-expert hunches (although we might still win Georgia, possibly West Virginia). Besides prediction is just speculation anyway.
I understand putting California and Indiana in "safe" zones.
But Pennsylvania and Michigan and North Carolina?

Whatever you're smoking I'll need some on election day.
Tom
I am a natural born pessimist. I wish the universe would stop justifying my pessimism, so I could begin to hope that I was wrong and my doomsaying was wrong. I dread election night and plan on going to bed as soon as they call Pennsylvania.

And here is Trump v. Biden on deportations. Once again, nothing but lies from the MAGGOTS.
If you read the article and look at the included chart, Biden ended Title 42 which led to a lot of deportations. Biden also extended parole programs to more people leading to more mass migrants coming in from places like Honduras and Venezuela. In addition to extending temporary protections to Haitians. Not very "temporary" if you turn it into a de facto permanent thing.

Yeah, and OVERTURNING ROE led roughly half the states in the country to ban or severely restrict abortion, as Trump KNEW would happen, and he BRAGS about it, moreover saying “everyone wanted it returned to the states,” which is another LIE. Your ridiculous hair-splitting is very embarrassing, for you.
I am not splitting hairs. Starwater name-dropped the wrong decision. That's on him, not me for correcting him.

Hillary is not a good politician. She does not have the charisma of Bill, nor the self-awareness to recognize that.
I think history has shown that neither “self-awareness” nor “good judgment” are particularly important characteristics for getting elected to President.
Yes, but also lacking charisma led to her losing to a guy who at least had one of the three.

Czar/czarina is informal designation for somebody designated by the president for a particular issue.
Yes, media have created it, but the term has been around for decades. It's not something made up as a gotcha for Kamala.
She was asked by Biden to look for ways to help people stay in their own countries.
It's not a a "lie". Even you admit that she was assigned an issue by the president. Whether you want to call her czarina, queen of the castle, Fürstin or whatever, she did not do a very good job with what Biden assigned her to do.

Czar/czarina is informal designation for somebody designated by the president for a particular issue.
Yes, media have created it, but the term has been around for decades. It's not something made up as a gotcha for Kamala.
It's not a a "lie". Even you admit that she was assigned an issue by the president. Whether you want to call her czarina, queen of the castle, Fürstin or whatever, she did not do a very good job with what Biden assigned her to do.
On what basis do you believe this?

Yes, but also lacking charisma led to her losing to a guy who at least had one of the three.
That last assertion is arguable at best.

But there definitely are hordes.
20326.jpeg

The big problem for Kamala is that she was appointed the Border Czarina while Veep.
Her other problem is that she was running in 2020, and during the Democratic debates in 2019, candidates were tripping over each other trying to appear more permissive on mass migration than the others. It was disgusting to behold!
Let me get this straight. Your complaining about illegals getting caught. And no, there was no border czar at all appointed under Biden.

Biden also extended parole programs to more people leading to more mass migrants coming in from places like Honduras and Venezuela.
Can you provide some documentation of this?
It's from the article Starwater posted in the post I was replying to.
migrationpolicy.org said:
The Biden administration has responded to record numbers of irregular border arrivals with a series of policies intended to encourage migrants to seek lawful pathways into the United States. It has allowed specific nationality groups such as Cubans, Haitians, Nicaraguans, and Venezuelans to enter under special humanitarian parole programs, which allow them a temporary right to stay and work in the United States.

There have been multiple attempts to fix it.
Increasing parole programs, i.e. telling many mass migrants to come through the front door instead of having to sneak in, is not really fixing the problem. It increases it because it's a pull factor.
The latest was the one Cheato torpedoed.
That part is true. But then again, I am not a Trump fan anyway.

Increasing parole programs, i.e. telling many mass migrants to come through the front door instead of having to sneak in, is not really fixing the problem. It increases it because it's a pull factor.
What is the "problem" with people seeking to enter the country by legal means?

Let me get this straight. Your complaining about illegals getting caught.
1. There is a catch and release into the US. So catching them is not doing much good.
2. If there is a bigger influx, there will be more people caught as well. Border apprehensions are thus an indicator of the magnitude of the problem.
And no, there was no border czar at all appointed under Biden.
Technically Kamala was a czarina.

What is the "problem" with people seeking to enter the country by legal means?
Because these "legal means" were made up to pretend that the problem is lessened. I.e. there aren't fewer arrivals, you just made all of them "legal" by fiat.
In reality, it makes the mass migration problem worse because it's a pull factor for mass migrants.

Back
Top Bottom