• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Harvey Weinstein scandal

Terry Crews has said he was assaulted when he was first trying to break into show business. No pun intended but that takes some balls.

Terry Crews has said he was assaulted when he was first trying to break into show business. No pun intended but that takes some balls.

And it was only last year!

Dawson Leery has said he was grabbed too. Notably, little Joey Potter still hasn't commented on the revelation.

The scandal appears to be less about his actions and more about how commonplace it was in accepting them in a hush hush way by the industry. Actors are being slapped down for their alleged verbal disgust and faked surprise.

But heck, even an Affleck is powerless in a town controlled by the likes of Harvey Weinstein... and not Harvey Fierstein.

Seems access to a lot of control and money can make people think women will have sex with them. And they are right, whether willingly or not. There is a boatload of money, and an incredible amount of sacrifice that has come up to this moment, when Mr. Frisky Hands (tongue?) has you alone in a room. This guy can make or break you. Some go with it and consider it part of the job, others might allow it and consider it a hazard, and others might spurn it and risk an extremely rich career.

One of the less appealing aspect of getting older, for a man, is the realization that the hot chicks no longer find one as interesting as they once did. This also coincides with a gradual cooling of the hormonal fires which once made the hot chicks so interesting. Circle of life and all that stuff. That's the way it works for most men.

Who is to say what the source of the problem is, but some men never learn to accept or deal with their diminishing hotness. In ordinary circumstances, the worst of it is a man who embarrasses his friends and family chasing women who have no interest.

When the aging process is paired with increasing wealth and power, it's like Fitzgerald's rich people, "careless people, ... they smashed up things and creatures and then retreated back into their money." The wealth gives a man access to hot chicks beyond his natural hotness.

Unfortunately, unless the deal is negotiated in advance, having a lot of money does not guarantee any particular woman wants to have sex with him. Misunderstandings ensue, and when he breaks something, his wealth gets him out of trouble.

This is how we end up with Cosbys and Weinsteins. They aren't going to stop this kind of behavior until it runs up a bill they can't pay. No amount of money can buy back one's public reputation, but even then, as long he's spending only his own money, it's just a gossip item and little more.

If the money comes out of someone else's pockets, and they happen to be shareholders, it's a big deal. Jim Bakker(of Tammy Faye and Jim Bakker) learned that one the hard way. The Worldwide Church of God paid the hush money for his indiscretions with church secretary Jessica Hahn. To be fair to Bakker, he had no money of his own. He and Tammy actually worked for pauper's wages, while the Church absorbed the greatest part of their lavish living expenses. The Bakkers owned almost nothing, and when the Church fired them, they were broke and homeless, and soon indicted.

You are forgetting the "older guys" secret weapon (besides looking "more distinguished")... Girls with Daddy Issues. There are more of them than you may realize. Some may say they are something to look forward to. Change your deodorant to Old Spice Original Scent. It was most likely what that cute younger girl's father wore. She won't know what hit her. Oh, and that reminds me... hit her... like Daddy used to.

Hillary really is a basket case. I think we can all agree we dodged a bullet when she didn't win.

Hillary Clinton today falsely called Donald Trump an 'admitted sex assaulter' and compared him to disgraced alleged sex abuser Harvey Weinstein. The failed Democratic presidential candidate, who received thousands in campaign funding from Weinstein, told the BBC's Andrew Marr 'we have someone admitting to being a sexual assaulter in the Oval Office.' She was referring to the Access Hollywood tape leaked during the campaign where Donald Trump was heard boasting about 'grabbing women by the p****y' in 2005.In fact Trump has not admitted he committed sexual assault and said that he was indulging in 'locker room talk'. Mrs Clinton is in the UK to promote her hand-wringing book about losing the presidential election.

DailyMail

Now where did I put my "Pink Pussyhat" ?

Hillary really is a basket case. I think we can all agree we dodged a bullet when she didn't win.

Hillary Clinton today falsely called Donald Trump an 'admitted sex assaulter' and compared him to disgraced alleged sex abuser Harvey Weinstein. The failed Democratic presidential candidate, who received thousands in campaign funding from Weinstein, told the BBC's Andrew Marr 'we have someone admitting to being a sexual assaulter in the Oval Office.' She was referring to the Access Hollywood tape leaked during the campaign where Donald Trump was heard boasting about 'grabbing women by the p****y' in 2005.In fact Trump has not admitted he committed sexual assault and said that he was indulging in 'locker room talk'. Mrs Clinton is in the UK to promote her hand-wringing book about losing the presidential election.

DailyMail

Hasn't Weinstein denied all the allegations as well?

Why are you discussing him like he's some kind of sex offender when all that you have against him are unproven assertions?

DailyMail

Why are you discussing him like he's some kind of sex offender when all that you have against him are unproven assertions?
He's denied some, but not all, and admits he has a problem with "sexual addiction".

He's denied some, but not all, and admits he has a problem with "sexual addiction".

Well, that's just locker room talk. The point is that he hasn't been convicted of anything and therefore shouldn't be treated as guilty.

DailyMail

Harvey is on trial in the Court of Public Opinion,CPO for short, where the normal rules of evidence do not apply. In the CPO, assertions are evidence.

Walking like a duck, and talking like a duck, does not make one a duck. However, if one is caught with their pants down fucking a duck, you better be a duck, or you're in big trouble.

The only defense against charges such as these, is one's reputation and that's Harvey's problem. Besides the fact that there is a pathetic recording of him in police sting, no one is willing to come forward and say, "I've known Harvey Weinstein since we were in college we've worked together for many years. These accusations are totally out of character for the Harvey I know and I do not believe a word of it."

We aren't going to see that.

If there is one thing I have learned from my life of bad behavior, it's that human beings are creatures of habit. We tend to find something that gets us what we want, and we keep doing it that way, as long as it works. Harvey Weinstein is 65 years old, which is old enough to know better, certainly old enough to figure out what he wants and how it likes it. The pattern is set and it repeats, over an over.

One other thing I learned from a life of bad behavior is, Harvey's current troubles are what happens when you don't leave the women in your life happy that they knew you.

Well, that's just locker room talk. The point is that he hasn't been convicted of anything and therefore shouldn't be treated as guilty.

There's no law stopping people from believing assertions and treating him poorly. He hasn't been arrested, right? So, he's not being treated as guilty in any legal manner.

FREE HARVEY WEINSTEIN

<snip>

DailyMail

<snip>

Donald Trump was heard boasting about 'grabbing women by the p****y'

^^^ That is sexual assault. Donald Trump can deny "sexual assault" all he wants, but he not only admitted to - but bragged about - committing sexual assault.

Older and not particularly good-looking men can still attract some young good looking women, if the men are wealthy and famous. These women might be gold-diggers, or they might even be truly attracted to successful/powerful men, regardless of their age.
It's not that Weistein or Cosby can't attract women like this... they just get-off on sexually violating young women.

This issue really shows how disconnected from reality conservolibertarians are.

Harvey Weinstein lost his job, lost his wife, and even his brother turned on him in public. The public and the media are excoriating him. To a conservative, all of this counts as "not doing anything" about Harvey Weinstein and what he did, but apparently electing Trump president counts as "doing something" about the sexual predators in your own camp.

Let's not forget that Trump got elected after decades of sex abuse allegations, after boasting about sexual assault, after all the creepy shit with his daughter, after the allegations of forcing himself on underage girls, after all of that Republicans thought he needed to be president, because that's how you punish a sexual predator on your own side.

So I guess the reason Republicans are saying that we liberals "did nothing" about Weinstein is because we didn't elect him president? Do we need to nominate him in the 2020 election so that Republicans will think that we "did something" about him?

Jaysus H Christ, didn't that ugly fuck ever learn how to rub one out? Lack of imagination, I imagine. Sex addict? Jaysus H Christ, if only I could get in on THAT gravy train.

My bleeding heart goeth elsewhere. Sex addiction my ass. There are such things as zippers, restraint, reserve, self-control, self-discipline.

It's like when some 400 pound person claims they are addicted to food. There are many opportunities to let yourself be a wee tad hungry. Restraint, self-control, self-discipline. You can choose to put the nice big fat hamburger down, and throw out the nice greasy fries.

It sucks, and it hurts, but it's possible.

He likes to rub it out in front of a captive audience.

Jaysus H Christ, didn't that ugly fuck ever learn how to rub one out? Lack of imagination, I imagine. Sex addict? Jaysus H Christ, if only I could get in on THAT gravy train.

My bleeding heart goeth elsewhere. Sex addiction my ass. There are such things as zippers, restraint, reserve, self-control, self-discipline.

It's like when some 400 pound person claims they are addicted to food. There are many opportunities to let yourself be a wee tad hungry. Restraint, self-control, self-discipline. You can choose to put the nice big fat hamburger down, and throw out the nice greasy fries.

It sucks, and it hurts, but it's possible.

Addiction is merely what we call the repetitive, destructive, behaviors that highjack the reenforcement loops that underlying our food-seeking and sex-seeking behavior. Food and sex are the original addictions.

Harvey Weinstein is not a sex addict. Well, he might be, but that would be incidental. He is a predator who gets off on forcing himself on people who aren't willing. A mere sex addict with his fortune would be spending his days having sex with all manner of high-priced, exotic prostitutes. He wouldn't be wasting his time trying to coerce unwilling women to come up into his room and watch him shower.

I agree with the others, although I'm hardly a professional from a related field. His behavior seems to indicate a desperate need to feel power over women rather than an addiction to the intimacy of sex.

Honestly, his excuses sound like a man who's used to getting away with it fishing around for rationalizations.

Addiction is merely what we call the repetitive, destructive, behaviors that highjack the reenforcement loops that underlying our food-seeking and sex-seeking behavior. Food and sex are the original addictions.

Harvey Weinstein is not a sex addict. Well, he might be, but that would be incidental. He is a predator who gets off on forcing himself on people who aren't willing. A mere sex addict with his fortune would be spending his days having sex with all manner of high-priced, exotic prostitutes. He wouldn't be wasting his time trying to coerce unwilling women to come up into his room and watch him shower.

It's all about the power. First and foremost. You can torture small animals, sexually humiliate small human beings, your powerful friends will look the other way, accept it to the point of finding humor in it. It's only when you loose your particular powers do the rest of your type turn on you. After all, what good are you now?
Power is the arousal. Absolute and unchecked is the climax.

I'm sure that Weinstein is a very nasty bit of work indeed, but this is getting too close to a lynching for my tsste.

Back
Top Bottom