• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Hey, we never landed on the moon. It was all a Hoax! Proof is here! Boots!

T.G.G. Moogly

Traditional Atheist
Basic Beliefs
egalitarian
Neil Armstrong's Boots Prove we never went to the Moon.

Don't believe me. Check it all out. I think I'm going to go jump off a building because we're apparently surrounded by Lizard People too. This would have been a good first thread for a Conspiracy Theory section but thought maybe this was the best place to post.

The soles of the boots at the Smithsonian Museum are markedly different from those of Neil Armstrong and his landing partner, Buzz Aldrin’s footprints on the moon. A photo of Armstrong’s footprint threads is horizontal and nothing like the smooth and plain soles of the boots in the museum.

Even if it were good evidence, which it is not, one piece of evidence is not a proof.

The astronauts wore an overboot on the Moon, to provide better traction and to protect the main Pressure Garment Assembly (PGA) boot from sharp rocks.

The PGA at the Smithsonian is displayed without the overboots, which were not worn on board the spacecraft as they were bulky and cumbersome.

Rhondi Santis’ boots prove people are too stupid to have ever made it to the moon.

The astronauts wore an overboot on the Moon, to provide better traction and to protect the main Pressure Garment Assembly (PGA) boot from sharp rocks.

The PGA at the Smithsonian is displayed without the overboots, which were not worn on board the spacecraft as they were bulky and cumbersome.
Shut up. Just shut up. The people know the truth!

Here ya go. Not hard to find a really good picture of the overboots and their tread.

Amazingly, they match the prints on the moon that we have photos of. I've some dumb arguments for not going to the moon, but this is one of the dumbest and most easily disproven. What I wonder is why MSN even published that story.

Here ya go. Not hard to find a really good picture of the overboots and their tread.

Amazingly, they match the prints on the moon that we have photos of. I've some dumb arguments for not going to the moon, but this is one of the dumbest and most easily disproven. What I wonder is why MSN even published that story.
Part of the problem was that for the earliest landings, the overboots weren't brought back - the policy was to leave on the Moon as much weight as possible in the form of equipment that would not be required for the trip back to Earth, so that they could carry that much extra mass in the form of samples.

Apollo 11 left a serious trash-heap at Tranquility Base; It's says something rather telling about humans, that on our first foray to a new and pristine environment, we didn't even bother trying to avoid leaving our rubbish behind.

Apollo 11 left a serious trash-heap at Tranquility Base; It's says something rather telling about humans, that on our first foray to a new and pristine environment, we didn't even bother trying to avoid leaving our rubbish behind.

That actually might be the straw that breaks the Moon landing denier's backs.

"You know that thing where you get annoyed when someone doesn't clean up their campsite and leaves trash behind?"

(Moon landing denier) Yeah...that's shit. Why do people do that? It's one of the problems with our modern society. People just don't respect natural spaces.

"We did that on the Moon. Left a bag of trash and a few candy bar wrappers on the lunar surface. We totally didn't clean up our campsites."

(Moon landing denier) Oh...that seems about right. Jesus...we really did go to the Moon, didn't we?

Part of the problem was that for the earliest landings, the overboots weren't brought back - the policy was to leave on the Moon as much weight as possible in the form of equipment that would not be required for the trip back to Earth, so that they could carry that much extra mass in the form of samples.

Yep. Every time I stroll past that Apollo 11 trash heap, my blood starts to boil. Curse you Neil and Buzz :angryfist: (Michael, you're OK in my book. RIP my friend).

That actually might be the straw that breaks the Moon landing denier's backs.

"You know that thing where you get annoyed when someone doesn't clean up their campsite and leaves trash behind?"

(Moon landing denier) Yeah...that's shit. Why do people do that? It's one of the problems with our modern society. People just don't respect natural spaces.

"We did that on the Moon. Left a bag of trash and a few candy bar wrappers on the lunar surface. We totally didn't clean up our campsites."

(Moon landing denier) Oh...that seems about right. Jesus...we really did go to the Moon, didn't we?
What trash heap? Some Good Samaritan ET moonwalker saw it and picked it up.

Back
Top Bottom