• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Hillary Clinton

All the great discoveries that have benefited all mankind that have come out of the defense budget can go to hell too! While we're at it, why not submit to allah and go back to live in caves and tents.

Except that all the money spent in the defense industry is money that can be spent elsewhere, preferably on primary research. Weaponizing a thing is easier when we know the thing exists, and it is even easier when it has seen practical civilian applications.

Instead of throwing money specifically at ideas that could be weapons, we should be spending that money on ALL research, and in education in general. The military will still get theirs, and probably be better for it.

No more wars equals massive unemployment in the defence industries.

It could mean a huge high speed rail system in the US.

But Congress would have to choose that over endless war.

The US doesn't need a high speed rail system. Most parts of the US simply don't have the traffic density to support one.

Cho0tpWWUAI1VNg.jpg
'
Also, #DropOutHillary is trending.

Yea, fuck them! Who cares about the unemployment, let them eat cake!

Capitalism and your crass attitude about unemployment cannot survive automation. Your approach is totally narcissistic. There will be a lot of changes in our society or it simply will not survive.

Yea, fuck them! Who cares about the unemployment, let them eat cake!

Capitalism and your crass attitude about unemployment cannot survive automation. Your approach is totally narcissistic. There will be a lot of changes in our society or it simply will not survive.
I agree as can be seen in the last decades. The chimney sweep, the stone mason, ironmonger and many other trades have all vanished. But replaced by new jobs in tech led industries. Many of these techs have arisen from the defence budget. In all, it's part of an economy of first world countries.

The US doesn't need a high speed rail system. Most parts of the US simply don't have the traffic density to support one.
Then implement systems in parts of US that do. It would do a lot to reduce short-hop flights, reduce traffic at airports/air routes and would do a lot to reduce carbon emissions. While electric cars are making inroads and will continue to, there is really no practical way to electrify passenger airplanes.

Do you think you project much Harry?

Absolutely. I'm one of the very few people on the planet (and on this forum) who projects and makes assumptions!
Maybe, however it has been my experience that you are right. When I went to caucus this year and then to the county convention I had many conversations with folks who were for Bernie. During these conversations there was usually, not always but usually remarks made as to Clinton's trustworthiness or not being genuine, etc. When I hear comments like these I always press for specific instances and have noticed that these folks seldom can supply me with examples-curiously many times the cite examples of other democrats who have done something they didn't like that they are associating Clinton with.

Anyway, what I've seen is that it usually comes down to personality. In about one-fourth to one third of the conversations I found that the person simply liked Sanders better, but that they would support Clinton if she was nominated.

Thats here in Nevada, other places may be different.

I'll be going to the state convention in about a week-that will be interesting. We had a delegate conference call last night, Harry Reid was on it and he said that Bernie Sanders will absolutely be supporting Hillary in the fall. I think it's pretty clear that all the fuss thats going on right now is that he's maneuvering for planks.

Then implement systems in parts of US that do. It would do a lot to reduce short-hop flights, reduce traffic at airports/air routes and would do a lot to reduce carbon emissions. While electric cars are making inroads and will continue to, there is really no practical way to electrify passenger airplanes.

Electric cars aren't green.

Fine, electric cars are a shit ton more green than gasoline cars. People love to bloviate about how electricity is generated by burning something. The trouble is, that argument has to apply likewise to gasoline... of which isn't sucked out of the ground. Gasoline is processed by plants that also create emissions. Additionally, the gasoline must then be transported to the point of sale, where as electricity has an extremely clean method of transmission.

To conclude:

Oil -> emission to get oil to plant -> emissions to convert to gasoline -> emissions to get gasoline to gas station -> emissions caused by vehicle using gasoline (4 steps)

Electricity -> emission to get source fuel to plant (assuming not solar or wind) -> emission to create electricity (2 steps)

Electricity isn't sparkling green, but it is a lot greener than gasoline.

And since the initial unflattering well-to-wheel calculation from the beginnings of e-cars, much has changed about what makes that energy, including solar and wind at residential levels.

Fine, electric cars are a shit ton more green than gasoline cars. People love to bloviate about how electricity is generated by burning something. The trouble is, that argument has to apply likewise to gasoline... of which isn't sucked out of the ground. Gasoline is processed by plants that also create emissions. Additionally, the gasoline must then be transported to the point of sale, where as electricity has an extremely clean method of transmission.

To conclude:

Oil -> emission to get oil to plant -> emissions to convert to gasoline -> emissions to get gasoline to gas station -> emissions caused by vehicle using gasoline (4 steps)

Electricity -> emission to get source fuel to plant (assuming not solar or wind) -> emission to create electricity (2 steps)

You forgot nuclear: Minuscule emission to get fuel to plant, due to very high energy density compared to chemical fuels (1 tiny step).

I love Hillary Clinton and I think she's a gorgeous woman who just happens to look older now. There are plenty of pictures of her that she looks great in. Anyone can photo mine.

Depends

To conclude:

Coal emits an awful lot more CO2 than oil.

To conclude:

Coal emits an awful lot more CO2 than oil.
Nuclear power emits less.

Back
Top Bottom