• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How can you say that all environments are equal when they behave completely different?

Ok, I get it.

'were ghetto white people' aka white trash aka trailer trash.

I grew up mostly in public housing in the 50s 60s. Had black families for neighbors. Guess I was 'white ghetto people' and never knew it.

Oh the pain!!! Oh the shame!!! I never knew I was white ghetto people.

I am seeing Buzz doing a fine job of destroying his own career by choosing to cling to extremely problematic vocabulary and themes despite advice against it. I don’t think he will need outside intervention to fail.

In the current political climate are you absolutely sure of that? There is an ever increasing list of people who exhibit a problematic vocabulary who are quite successful. And the number appears to be increasing.

I am seeing Buzz doing a fine job of destroying his own career by choosing to cling to extremely problematic vocabulary

Third grade vocabulary is a common symptom of overexposure to RW talking heads - the vocabulary is truncated to keep everything black and white, where simple solutions can be sold to the witless masses of trumpsuckers. If Buzz can avoid being distracted by valid critiques and just keep repeating the talking points, he might well become the newest symbol of right wing intellect. The idiot vote is a powerful caucus.

their were ghetto white people there to.

Failure to master the intricacies of “to, too, two” and “there, they’re, their” is one thing. Fucking it up twice in one sentence? Priceless.
Buzz, you might want to focus on basic literacy for a few years. Without reading and writing and without inheriting a half billion dollars like Agent Orange, your chances are slim and none. The illiteracy caucus is strong, but not strong enough to carry you to the presidency.

Last edited:
Apparently primary and higher education ain't what it used to be.

Nighthawk will fit right in to politics.

Apparently primary and higher education ain't what it used to be.

Nighthawk will fit right in to politics.

I predict a different path. I foresee a failed local (possibly state but not higher than that) election that was "rigged" and then straight to Odysee as another Tim Pool bot. If that becomes successful then maybe a promotion to Rumble, if that still exists in the next few years.

There there, you poor persecuted thing.

Do you need a shoulder to cry on? A safe room?

Lemme know. I care.
Tom

I'm gonna call bullshit on this whole convoluted story.

Sounds like mash-up of "Fame," "Stand And Deliver," and "West Side Story." I've half a mind to ask how many times the students broke out into a dance number and stabbed each other with blows choreographed to the soundtrack.
I don't think he's been honest with us from the start, which is why I've been trying to avoid this thread. But, since I ended up here this morning, my advice for Buzz is to get a real life and stop making shit that isn't believable. I doubt you are serious about running for office, but if you are, then you need to start doing constructive things instead of what you're doing here.
I wonder what you mean by treating two different situations/environments "equally". Does that mean funding only in the case of schools or does it mean that laws/policy are the same for all public schools (or all schools)?

I ask because it sounds to me as if you are confusing the behavior of people - which is subject to any relevant laws - with the atmosphere of the school.

Here is a pro-tip - referring to people as "ghetto" may raise unnecessary hackles. To many observers, it implies something racial. So unless you mean something racial, it is better to be more specific as to the type of behavior you wish to describe.
Not that my comment has much to do with the point of this thread, assuming there is a point to this thread. Prior to my retirement about 6 years ago, my younger coworkers informed me that the term ghetto has nothing to do with race anymore. They were bashing some poor white folks for reasons I don't remember. They referred to them as ghetto. I asked them if they didn't mean to use the negative term "white trash" and they told me no. Anyone who was a low life in their opinion, was now called ghetto. I have no idea if that is a young thing, a crazy thing or something related to where I live or worked, where there are lots of poor people and mixed race children, but it's possible that Buzz wasn't equating ghetto with race, since my young coworkers "enlightened" me in its contemporary usage. He might have been equating it with poor people who he didn't like, due to their social status.

Still, there are a lot of things that Buzz has said that don't make him sound like a person who wants to serve the people. So yeah. He does seem like a true Republican. I'll use the quote that a 85 year old coworker told me. "I'm a Democrat because my daddy told me that the Republican Party is the party of the wealthy and the Democratic Party is the party for the rest of us" She was still working so she could afford her Medicare supplement.

Of course, these days, there's more to it. The Republican Party is now the party of theocratic fascism. Why do you want to support a fascist party, Buzz? If you are being honest with us, which I am suspicious of, do you really understand how difficult it is to win an election, even a local election? It doesn't sound like it based on your posts.

Are you a Marjorie Taylor Greene type of Republican, or a Mitt Romney type? I don't care for the policies of either of them, but one at least tries to do something positive while the other is a stark raving lunatic, and an embarrassment to my adopted state. She's been hinting that she may run for president one day. Is she why you identify as a Republican? 😧

Lemme know. I care.
Tom

Sounds like mash-up of "Fame," "Stand And Deliver," and "West Side Story." I've half a mind to ask how many times the students broke out into a dance number and stabbed each other with blows choreographed to the soundtrack.
I don't think he's been honest with us from the start, which is why I've been trying to avoid this thread. But, since I ended up here this morning, my advice for Buzz is to get a real life and stop making shit that isn't believable. I doubt you are serious about running for office, but if you are, then you need to start doing constructive things instead of what you're doing here.
I wonder what you mean by treating two different situations/environments "equally". Does that mean funding only in the case of schools or does it mean that laws/policy are the same for all public schools (or all schools)?

I ask because it sounds to me as if you are confusing the behavior of people - which is subject to any relevant laws - with the atmosphere of the school.

Here is a pro-tip - referring to people as "ghetto" may raise unnecessary hackles. To many observers, it implies something racial. So unless you mean something racial, it is better to be more specific as to the type of behavior you wish to describe.
Not that my comment has much to do with the point of this thread, assuming there is a point to this thread. Prior to my retirement about 6 years ago, my younger coworkers informed me that the term ghetto has nothing to do with race anymore. They were bashing some poor white folks for reasons I don't remember. They referred to them as ghetto. I asked them if they didn't mean to use the negative term "white trash" and they told me no. Anyone who was a low life in their opinion, was now called ghetto. I have no idea if that is a young thing, a crazy thing or something related to where I live or worked, where there are lots of poor people and mixed race children, but it's possible that Buzz wasn't equating ghetto with race, since my young coworkers "enlightened" me in its contemporary usage. He might have been equating it with poor people who he didn't like, due to their social status.

Still, there are a lot of things that Buzz has said that don't make him sound like a person who wants to serve the people. So yeah. He does seem like a true Republican. I'll use the quote that a 85 year old coworker told me. "I'm a Democrat because my daddy told me that the Republican Party is the party of the wealthy and the Democratic Party is the party for the rest of us" She was still working so she could afford her Medicare supplement.

Of course, these days, there's more to it. The Republican Party is now the party of theocratic fascism. Why do you want to support a fascist party, Buzz? If you are being honest with us, which I am suspicious of, do you really understand how difficult it is to win an election, even a local election? It doesn't sound like it based on your posts.
I don't understand why you are suspicious of me being serious. I am joining the Republican Party in my city. I am going to local political meetings in my city. I have a platform and views I stand on. What more do you want to think I am serious about running?
Are you a Marjorie Taylor Greene type of Republican, or a Mitt Romney type? I don't care for the policies of either of them, but one at least tries to do something positive while the other is a stark raving lunatic, and an embarrassment to my adopted state. She's been hinting that she may run for president one day. Is she why you identify as a Republican? 😧
I am Mike Johnson type of Republican. This is the republican I would describe myself as.

I am Mike Johnson type of Republican. This is the republican I would describe myself as.

A year and one week from today, the guy you are patterning yourself after will very likely be famous as a main cause of the worst defeat in the history of the Republican Party.
Even Republicans are warning of it.

I’m rooting for you for that alone!

Lemme know. I care.
Tom

I don't understand why you are suspicious of me being serious. I am joining the Republican Party in my city. I am going to local political meetings in my city. I have a platform and views I stand on. What more do you want to think I am serious about running?
Well, at least you admit it, although once again, I don't think you are believable. Who would admit they are like Mike Johnson, a nutty Bible thumping, Trump loving creationist who literally blamed violence on teaching evolution, aka science in schools and who has denied a fair election without any evidence, and who appears as if he's ready to shut down the government if he can't get his way. Seriously dude. I hope you're having fun with this charade. You're obviously getting lots of drama rewards from us, especially those of us who have too much time on our hands. ⌛:sad:

Nighthawk, are you a Wheaton College alum or other Christian college? An online college?

As an aunt used to say 'Tell the truth and shame the devil'.

This is Buzz talking about his revenge fantasy because some kids were mean to him in school, started fights and accused him of being gay. His answer is to become a powerful politician and get these mean ghetto kids the death penalty. Ir cut funds to these schools, exactly where funds would be needed the most to support these communities and provide a path for future generations to break out of the cycle of poverty and hopelessness that spurs the behavior of the children he is talking about. He appears to be totally clueless about how government works and the separation of powers, and he seems to lack basic characteristics like empathy and kindness that are so important to being a good public servant. Perhaps he should run for city dog catcher.

Lemme know. I care.
Tom

The guy just about nobody knew about until he nabbed the Speaker's gavel?

You've been a big fan of him forever, and want to be just like him?

Do you have any other stories you'd like to tell us?

This is Buzz talking about his revenge fantasy because some kids were mean to him in school, started fights and accused him of being gay. His answer is to become a powerful politician and get these mean ghetto kids the death penalty. Ir cut funds to these schools, exactly where funds would be needed the most to support these communities and provide a path for future generations to break out of the cycle of poverty and hopelessness that spurs the behavior of the children he is talking about. He appears to be totally clueless about how government works and the separation of powers, and he seems to lack basic characteristics like empathy and kindness that are so important to being a good public servant. Perhaps he should run for city dog catcher.
I am sure there ae some in congress, I don't see many good public servants.

But then I ma cynical about politics.

That would be cruel to dogs.

Did you know who he was and what he was like 6 weeks ago?
That’s a strange name to say you are his type - someone who was a nobody when you started your first thread.

Weird, right?

Seeing as everyone else has pointed out the obvious fallacy that you identify with a someone who is so obscure his own party didn't know who he was a few weeks ago I'll let that go to the keeper. I would point out however that seeing this thread started with a discussion on education and schooling you might not want to model yourself around a guy whose track record on education is complete dogshit.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Before House Speaker Mike Johnson was elected to public office, he was the dean of a small Baptist law school that didn’t exist.
*snip*
In early public remarks, Johnson predicted a bright future for the school, and college officials hoped it would someday rival the law school at Liberty University, the evangelical institution founded by the Rev. Jerry Falwell. “From a pure feasibility standpoint,” Johnson said, “I’m not sure how this can fail.” According to the Daily Town Talk, a newspaper in Alexandria, Louisiana, he added that it looked “like the perfect storm for our law school.”

Reality soon intruded.

Did you know who he was and what he was like 6 weeks ago?
That’s a strange name to say you are his type - someone who was a nobody when you started your first thread.

Weird, right?
No your right I didn't know him but I choose him because of where he stands on particular issues I agree with and how well he performed in getting all the votes necessary to become speaker.

This was my mistake I didn't explain everyone I feel represents me in the party. I was actually gonna say Trump as well as Mike Johnson because I feel that it was more than just one person.

So yeah if I am choosing everyone in the party and if I look at all the people in the party I really see myself as a Trump, Mike Johnson and Desantis republican.

Mix those three people with there political views, beliefs and goals in politics that is me.

Lemme know. I care.
Tom

The guy just about nobody knew about until he nabbed the Speaker's gavel?

You've been a big fan of him forever, and want to be just like him?

Do you have any other stories you'd like to tell us?
Well I was gonna say a Trump mixed with a Mike Johnson so that was my mistake.

But no if I really look at everyone in the republican field I am a Trump, Mike Johnson and Desantis all mixed together.

If you grew up in bad schools like that you wouldn't like them nor want to help them either though.

You probably haven't been in bad schools like that so you don't know what they are like.

Back
Top Bottom