• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

People in Lithuania say... Well, why is THEIR impression of bombistics important?
He was specifically upset about report of the explosion in the Kharkiv, wondering what the point of that particular hit was.
Even though that particular video was later determined to be a fake.

The real thing is Putin needs to GET GOOD.
20-30% of ukrainians don't agree. Think about that.
Do you think such Country is sustainable?
70% to 30% is a supermajority. 80% to 20% even more so. That'd be 4 to 1. Typically you can rarely get people in Democracies to agree at that rate except for Zoo levies and invasions.

Clearly, Putin does. Otherwise, what's the point in not letting the people living in the house handle it with that much support?

An amazing video this morning. In a small city people went into the streets and shouted down Russian soldiers. The Russians did not shoot.

For once sanctions may work.

ondon/Moscow (CNN Business)Russian President Vladimir Putin is trying to stem the flow of Western businesses fleeing the country over his decision to wage war on Ukraine.
Capital controls designed to stop the exodus were announced by Russian Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin, state news agencies TASS and RIA reported on Tuesday. Western companies were taking decisions because of "political pressure," he said, and they would be prevented from selling Russian assets until that pressure subsides.
"To enable businesses to make informed decisions, a draft presidential decree has been prepared to introduce temporary restrictions on exiting Russian assets," Mishustin was quoted as saying. "We expect that those who have invested in our country will be able to continue working here."
Oil giant BP (BP) is one of the most prominent companies to abandon Russia since its troops invaded Ukraine last week. It said Sunday it was planning to exit its 19.75% stake in Russia's biggest oil company, Rosneft, and their joint ventures — amounting to one of the biggest foreign investments in Russia.

'Putin is a lesson for our republicans about what happens when a legislature and politicians support an authoritarian leader and fail in oiur obligation to act as a check and balance on the president. Putin is what Trump wants to be.

Clearly, Putin does. Otherwise, what's the point in not letting the people living in the house handle it with that much support?

I'd recommend not trusting Barbos's assertions. I guaranty you that far more than 70% of Ukrainians want the Russian invaders to leave. But lets see if Barbos can prove his assertion correct.

The real thing is Putin needs to GET GOOD.
Link?
Seriously? You did not see that data before the war?
Yea, you need to keep up. Since Putin invaded, many of those who favor Russian ties have changed. The country has very much united. Putin made a very dire mistake. He's united Ukraine and all the other countries against Russia.

I'd recommend not trusting Barbos's assertions. I guaranty you that far more than 70% of Ukrainians want the Russian invaders to leave. But lets see if Barbos can prove his assertion correct.
I don't have current data. I use old data.
Nobody has current data, But so far, it does not seem that it is going to change.
You have a country where probably half of the population really hate each other.
And no, don't talk about democrat-republicans.

Sure, everything has to be about Putin.

Ok, so Russians (or insert whatever you want here) thought a country where the majority of its citizens are on their side needed to be invaded?

In any case. That's not how I compare.
I compare apparent unity of Europe with apparent disunity in Ukraine.

Ok, so Russians (or insert whatever you want here) thought a country where the majority of its citizens are on their side needed to be invaded?
That's not what happened. We have deeply divided country and eventually one side of the country started a war against another.

That's not what happened. We have deeply divided country and eventually one side of the country started a war against another.
Sorry, but Ukraine isn't your country. Ukraine and USSR are separated. I just wanted you to remain informed on the issue!

Ok, so one side of Russia thought a Country where the majority of its citizens are on their side needed to be invaded?

Back
Top Bottom