• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

You really need to watch long youtube I posted. US is no stranger to helping nazi scam. All kind of scam for that matter. I don't understand why you think this time would be different.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/russia-cyberattacks-60-minutes-2022-04-17/

This past week, the U.S. government issued an urgent warning about dangerous new malware that could cripple industrial systems worldwide. It comes on the heels of Ukraine withstanding an attempt by Russian hackers to knock out power to 2 million people in that war-torn country. The Biden administration has been releasing sensitive intelligence and dire warnings that the Kremlin is preparing to launch a new generation of cyberattacks on American soil. U.S. cyber defenders tell us they are now watching Russian state actors probe some of our most critical systems, and are bracing themselves — especially at the Department of Homeland Security — with an initiative called "Shields Up

From article said:
Dmitri Alperovitch: We have to let him know that you will not touch our critical infrastructure without a response. And the way to do that, I think, is through a cyber operation that can demonstrate our capabilities without lasting damage. One of the ways you can do that, for example, is by taking Russia off the internet for a few hours. It won't cause any lasting impact, but it will demonstrate the power of the United States Cyber Command, what we can do to his economy by disconnecting him, effectively, from the internet.

Bill Whitaker: We can do that?

Dmitri Alperovitch: We can absolutely do that. And we'll let him know that if he keeps going, if he keeps attacking us, we can make that permanent.
I did not know we could do this. I’m envisioning a SCADA system somewhere with toggle switches and the names of countries underneath them.
I’ll bet our US top nerds can do a lot of mean shit they’re just not allowed to. It must hurt to have to have that level of self control.
Russia will immediately stop all gas supply to EU if you cut my access to wikipedia and youtube. And yes, Alperovich is a piece of shit nazi scam admitted liar and fraud.

In the news Ukraine has as many maybe more tanks than Russia. Apparently in the retreat from Kiev Russians abandoned tanks without disabling them.

It is looking like Ukraine will have to bring it to an end before the next election.

If Trump gets back in I doubt Ukraine will be supported.

I see no rebuttal of any of his points.
MSM lies don't deserve point by point rebuttals.
And even if I did, what it would change?

What lies are being told by MSM meanies? Please clarify. Are you saying that Russia won in Kyiv? There are no more Russian troops there. They got their asses handed to them. Secondly, do you honestly think that the three Russian ships, including the Moskva, just sunk on their own? Do you honestly believe that the flag ship for Russia, Putler's pride and joy the mighty Moskva just sank in a storm? Putler has really pulled a fast one on the Russian people.

Barbos insists that "the West" started this war. Delusional. Nothing supports that assertion. But you know, there is a simple proof that Ukraine chose to reject Russia all by herself. Just look at how resolute they have been when it comes to defending their country over the past two months. If Ukraine had been bribed or coerced in some way by the west to overthrow Russia's puppet president, would they be standing so firmly now?

Compare Ukraine to Afghanistan. The US set up a safe haven for freedom and democracy, provided military and police training and assistance to the democratic Afghan government, but all of that was wasted effort because the people didn't care enough about the humanity and freedom of their fellow countrymen to defend it themselves. Democracy died in Afghanistan in hours, not months. The Afghans didn't care. They didn't want it.

But Ukraine cares about her freedom and independence, staunchly, impressively, woefully. The unwanted invader is clearly, obviously, undoubtedly, Russia, not "the West."

Police are not bound by the Geneva Conventions, nor the CWC. These bind military forces, such as those deployed by Russia in Ukraine.
Well, technically it's a police operation, not a war.

What do you suggest? and no, "Leaving Ukraine" is not an option :)

You know, Barbos, I don’t expect you to suddenly admit that you’re full of shit, and I doubt anyone else will change their mind either. So who gives a damn? But here’s some things you cannot deny:

1. You’re getting your butts kicked by Ukraine. You’ve lost upwards of 450 tanks and 2,000 other armored vehicles. It will take years to replace those.
  2. You’ve lost approximately 30,000 to 40,000 personnel, either killed, wounded or missing. You will never replace those.
  3. You got your asses handed you around Kiev, and we’re forced into a humiliating retreat.
  4. You’ve yet to take a single major city, even Mariupol has continued to hold out despite being surrounded for over a month.
  5. You have failed to achieve air superiority, and have lost around 80 aircraft, along with numerous well trained crewmen.
  6. You just lost the flag ship of your Black Sea fleet, including its commanding officer.
  7. Your military failures have made your nation appear to be nothing but a paper bear. The incompetence displayed, including tanks being towed away by tractors, open communication on cell phones, instances of fragging senior officers, and even leaving troops without food or supplies has all exposed your nation as utterly weak.
  8. Your forces are simply bogged down everywhere they go. This war is now a quagmire from which it’s unlikely to end until you’re forces are bled dry. It’s ten times worse than your invasion of Afghanistan. You cannot conquer Ukraine. They will not be surrendering. There will be no peace talks.
  9. Your economy is in the toilet. Inflation is close to 20%, and you can trade little more than oil on international markets. Your stock market is about half of what it was in November. You’ve defaulted on your debt for the first time since 1918. You might continue to make some money on oil and gas, but even a lot of those shipments are now in jeopardy, as Germany says it will wean itself from Russian oil by the end of the year. It’s quite possible that in a few months time you will not be selling oil at all. That may never recover as they will no longer trust you.
  10. Finland will likely join NATO, soon too. Sweden might also. This will deliver a serious blow to your overall security situation.
  11. You’ve united NATO as never before, and even Germany is seriously increasing its military budget.
  12. The rest of the world is utterly shocked and outraged over your actions. Your military’s actions against innocent civilians has brought shame on your nation as Germany’s did 80 years ago. You will not be repairing your reputation abroad anytime soon.
  13. You’re two supposed allies are abandoning you too. Lukashenko no longer supports this war, and you can’t rely on Belorussians who are as likely to revolt against your incursion, and the Chinese aren’t stupid enough to go against the sanctions and hurt their own economy.

So tell me what the fuck good this war has done for Russia? How is Russia’s security situation improved by this stupid war? How has it benefited the ordinary Russian?
Complete and utter propaganda garbage.
Mighty US/NATO is currently losing their proxy war with Russia they started.
So Russian forces really captured Kiev? The Moskva didn’t sink? NATO is divided? Your stock market and economy are soaring? The whole world supports you? You’ve had no casualties?

Please tell us what’s really going on.

I suspected a long time back that Barbos may be linked somehow to Russian propaganda or at least knows those who are.

Everybody is helping nazis.
That’s because everybody is A Nazi.
Except Pootey.
He’s just a barbaric asshole.
How does it feel to be a subject of the last non-Nazi barbaric asshole on the planet?
🤣😜🤡😂

This crap is going to last for years. Scholz and his ilk in EU are more concerned about price of gas than shortening the war.
That's ironic considering that US admitted that they want to prolong it as much as possible.

long discussion about ukrainian nazi.
Karas talking is especially revealing. The guy even looks like Bandera.

Interesting that US millitary were training nazis while it was explicitly forbidden by US Congress.
Historical analogies are also very interesting.

Pwoof by utoob. I’m convinced. Watch out the US will next be deploying chemtrails, directed energy weapons, and HAARP weather control.

Police are not bound by the Geneva Conventions, nor the CWC. These bind military forces, such as those deployed by Russia in Ukraine.
Well, technically it's a police operation, not a war.

What do you suggest? and no, "Leaving Ukraine" is not an option :)

You know, Barbos, I don’t expect you to suddenly admit that you’re full of shit, and I doubt anyone else will change their mind either. So who gives a damn? But here’s some things you cannot deny:

1. You’re getting your butts kicked by Ukraine. You’ve lost upwards of 450 tanks and 2,000 other armored vehicles. It will take years to replace those.
  2. You’ve lost approximately 30,000 to 40,000 personnel, either killed, wounded or missing. You will never replace those.
  3. You got your asses handed you around Kiev, and we’re forced into a humiliating retreat.
  4. You’ve yet to take a single major city, even Mariupol has continued to hold out despite being surrounded for over a month.
  5. You have failed to achieve air superiority, and have lost around 80 aircraft, along with numerous well trained crewmen.
  6. You just lost the flag ship of your Black Sea fleet, including its commanding officer.
  7. Your military failures have made your nation appear to be nothing but a paper bear. The incompetence displayed, including tanks being towed away by tractors, open communication on cell phones, instances of fragging senior officers, and even leaving troops without food or supplies has all exposed your nation as utterly weak.
  8. Your forces are simply bogged down everywhere they go. This war is now a quagmire from which it’s unlikely to end until you’re forces are bled dry. It’s ten times worse than your invasion of Afghanistan. You cannot conquer Ukraine. They will not be surrendering. There will be no peace talks.
  9. Your economy is in the toilet. Inflation is close to 20%, and you can trade little more than oil on international markets. Your stock market is about half of what it was in November. You’ve defaulted on your debt for the first time since 1918. You might continue to make some money on oil and gas, but even a lot of those shipments are now in jeopardy, as Germany says it will wean itself from Russian oil by the end of the year. It’s quite possible that in a few months time you will not be selling oil at all. That may never recover as they will no longer trust you.
  10. Finland will likely join NATO, soon too. Sweden might also. This will deliver a serious blow to your overall security situation.
  11. You’ve united NATO as never before, and even Germany is seriously increasing its military budget.
  12. The rest of the world is utterly shocked and outraged over your actions. Your military’s actions against innocent civilians has brought shame on your nation as Germany’s did 80 years ago. You will not be repairing your reputation abroad anytime soon.
  13. You’re two supposed allies are abandoning you too. Lukashenko no longer supports this war, and you can’t rely on Belorussians who are as likely to revolt against your incursion, and the Chinese aren’t stupid enough to go against the sanctions and hurt their own economy.

So tell me what the fuck good this war has done for Russia? How is Russia’s security situation improved by this stupid war? How has it benefited the ordinary Russian?
Complete and utter propaganda garbage.
Mighty US/NATO is currently losing their proxy war with Russia they started.
Who invaded what?

Secondly, do you honestly think that the three Russian ships, including the Moskva, just sunk on their own?
Well, that IS the Party Line on Moskva. Leave it to the Russians to build a Navy full of ships that sink themselves.

It’s fairly obvious that Barbos is being fed word-for-word responses to post here. Nobody in control of their own faculties would post such embarrassing garbage, knowing how it would reduce them to a laughingstock. OTOH, it’s hard to not feel deeply sorry for him; his family is almost certainly under threat, should he fail to deliver the BS he is appointed to deliver. Embarrassing oneself on an obscure Internet forum is a small price to pay for a stay of execution….

Let’s not pretend that barbos doesn’t notice how not even our most dedicated Trumpsucking right wing extremist repeaters of TrumPutin propaganda, want to step in and agree with his ridiculous assertions. He knows he is parroting bullshit, but has no choice.

You obviously didn't check very carefully.
No, I checked carefully, Australia did send some weapons to ukrainian nazis.
Everybody is helping nazis.
What a joke. I have been watching Russian propaganda support right wing horseshit in the US since around 2010 along with stupid antiGMO disinformation aimed at fucking with US agribusiness because Russian ag is still a joke that never recovered from Stalin/Lysenko. Then there is the Russian support for LaPen, Orban, et al. Sick of these people.

Maybe he needs his buddies Deepak Chopra and Will Wiley from back in 2013 to early 2017 to return and help him out.

Maybe he needs his buddies Deepak Chopra and Will Wiley from back in 2013 to early 2017 to return and help him out.
I know who Deepak Chopra is, have no idea what the reference means.

I see no rebuttal of any of his points.
MSM lies don't deserve point by point rebuttals.
And even if I did, what it would change?
Strangely enough Ukrainian claims tend to be shown to be true over time. Russian claims fall apart.

We've already had a couple of Russian officials goof up and admit the true objectives--and it wasn't just Ukraine. It's just your military rotted and you're getting your ass kicked because your tail can't support your teeth.

I know who Deepak Chopra is, have no idea what the reference means.
Two users here went by those aliases and pushed a steady flow of disinformation. Both went silent in early 2017 shortly after Trump took office. Wiley was also on Metabunk.org pushed Russian bullshit about that commercial flight that they shot down. He went silent on that site at the same time he left here. They were aligned with barbo

Back
Top Bottom