• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

I really don't know. Again, if their sole purpose is to restore the Soviet Union, they are crazy.
Of course you don't know. Cause MSM is lying to you,
What Putin said was merely statement of fact. It does not imply his desire to recreate USSR. What he said is simply the fact, that's it, nothing else. USSR could have been reformed without all that economic mayhem dissolution caused.
But fucking MSM clowns made a galactic deal out of it. The same way they were foaming not stop about alleged Putin admission of interference in your elections.

Your gotcha MSM journalism is fucking annoying.

So Russia says they won’t “start” the war. Right. Separatists will. Supplied by Russia, they will advance until they are attacked, then Russia will have its provocation.
US has more experience at provoking wars, they know.
Weak whataboutism.
Are 130,000 troops sufficient to deter the threat of Ukraine invading Russia?
Nah. More needed. Gotta have them for when we decide to put a stop to the invasion of mother Russia we’re about to fake.
So, Barbos, you gonna toe the party line after Russia invades, occupies and annexes Eastern Ukraine?
Of course you are. Good boy.
And congratulations on avoiding adding additional NATO neighbors.

You know what’s funny? NATO has never annexed any territory, whereas Russia has been on the expansionist bandwagon ever since pootey appointed himself dictator.

Are you able to read lpetrich's links?
Are you able to watch videos I posted? In case you are deaf you can turn CC.
You repeat garbage which was already addressed.

I really don't know. Again, if their sole purpose is to restore the Soviet Union, they are crazy.
Of course you don't know. Cause MSM is lying to you,
What Putin said was merely statement of fact. It does not imply his desire to recreate USSR. What he said is simply the fact, that's it, nothing else. USSR could have been reformed without all that economic mayhem dissolution caused.
But fucking MSM clowns made a galactic deal out of it. The same way they were foaming not stop about alleged Putin admission of interference in your elections.

Your gotcha MSM journalism is fucking annoying.
As an aside, what the heck is MSM? It's so funny. MSM is a chemical that is used to treat arthritis. I have no idea what you are talking about regarding MSM journalism? I get most of my news from the BBC, NY Times, WSJ, Forbes, and CNN. Are you perhaps talking about MSNBC???

Very interesting links above. I think that the question is really what does Putin really want? Is he honestly threatening Ukraine in order to encourage countries to not join NATO? How does that make any sense? The grandmaster chessmaster is encouraging countries to join NATO now. His actions are uniting the Eastern Euoro countries against Russia.
My take is he is simply attempting to intimidate any future separatist sentiment anywhere within Russia's sphere. He is also positioning himself as protector of Mother Russia. If he really cared about Russia he wouldn't be encouraging anti-Russian sentiment globally and within Russia's sphere. This is all to be expected as Russia has no legacy of law or democracy. Rather it's been ruthlessly ruled as a monarchy and a gangster state for all its history.

Ah. So we should go with Rollling Stone and Mother Jones.
@barbos, you will delighted to learn that those ALTERNATIVE NEWS MEDIA are even more sour on your despotic leader and his kleptocrat oligarchs than are the "MSM".
But you don't seem to have any problem with Russian "mainstream" (aka State) media, barbos. Why is that?
Because in Russia, you don't listen to media, media listen to YOU!

Chris Murphy just claimed that Ukraine lost 14 thousands soldiers fighting russians in East Ukraine.
I don't know where that stupid fucker gets his info but 14 thousands number are total losses, which are basically equal split between ukrainian army, rebel forces and civilians.
He also claims that Ukraine will be Afghanistan for Russia, lying dumbass.
Russia can walk into Eastern Ukraine the same way they "walked" into Crimea - One guy died .... from the heart attack. What a lying piece of shit.

Russia can walk into Eastern Ukraine the same way they "walked" into Crimea
Right; illegally, with complete disregard for the people, and totally in keeping with Pootey’s Soviet expansionist ambitions.
Also, Georgia, Belarus and soon, Kazakhstan.

Right; illegally, with complete disregard for the people, and totally in keeping with Pootey’s Soviet expansionist ambitions.
Also, Georgia, Belarus and soon, Kazakhstan.
Maybe he wants their children. Russia's population is in a nosedive.

Sweden and Finland?
Though neither country is a NATO member, they have both had a long history of cooperating with NATO.

Sweden has not been in a war for two centuries. Its last war was in 1814, against Norway, in the Napoleonic Wars. Sweden stayed out of both WWI and WWII, and over the Cold War, did not join NATO.

Finland was ruled by Sweden in the 18th cy., then by Russia in the 19th cy. as the Grand Duchy of Finland. Toward the end of WWI, Finland became independent. In WWII, Finland fought the Soviet Union, losing some territory in the southeast, including the city of Vyborg / Viipuri.

During the Cold War, Finland had a policy of being conciliatory to the Soviet Union no matter what, and many people feared that other European nations may end up doing that, something they called "Finlandization".

But both countries are now having plenty of discussion of joining NATO.
Both Sweden and Finland sent troops to Afghanistan. The Swedes, with Finn support, operated a Provincial Reconstruction Team in Northern Afghanistan. I don’t think they ever had casualties, but could be wrong.

War is a lot of fun. Have at it Russia.
You honestly believe that war will be different from "occupation" Crimea?
Yes. It will be FAR more different and violent. Crimea and Eastern Ukraine are predominately pro Russia, but the rest of Ukraine is not. They will fight. They will likely lose, but they will inflict significant casualties.

Ah. So we should go with Rollling Stone and Mother Jones.
@barbos, you will delighted to learn that those ALTERNATIVE NEWS MEDIA are even more sour on your despotic leader and his kleptocrat oligarchs than are the "MSM".
But you don't seem to have any problem with Russian "mainstream" (aka State) media, barbos. Why is that?
Because in Russia, you don't listen to media, media listen to YOU!
Wrong. It's You don't move to Russia. Russia move to you.

This Youtube video is a promotion piece for the  Aviadvigatel PD-14 engine developed for commercial aircraft in Russia. It has nothing to do with Ukraine or the invasion force that Russia has assembled. Barbos does not explain why he posted it here. The engine is intended to compete with those developed in Europe and the US, but Russia is still far behind in its ability to compete in those markets. Hence, the aircraft that Russian manufacturers do sell can also be fitted with engines manufactured in the West. China is also trying to build a commercial aircraft industry that competes with Western manufacturers. It is likely that the Russian commercial aircraft industry will be hit very hard by sanctions, if Russia invades Ukraine. Their aircraft industry is right at the top of the target list.

Back
Top Bottom