• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

So, give me example of decent MSM journalism with regards of Ukraine crap.
I am very much aware what your standard of "decent MSM journalism" is. You'll get it six weeks after hell freezes over. I'm not gonna play that game.
What's wrong with my definition of "decent"?

Was that decent? :

And don't start with "It's FoxNews"
CNN would have done the same.

The only MSM that barbos never criticizes is the Russian MSM, which, of course, he never pays any attention to when he isn't copy-pasting stuff from it here. Frankly, I'm convinced that the only reason the Russian navy was forced out of holding its live fire exercises outside of NATO member Ireland's Exclusive Economic Zone was the Irish MSM, which was so unfair in taking the side of those aggressive fishermen.

See Russia moves naval exercises outside Ireland’s Exclusive Economic Zone

Oh, wait. The Irish Times is part of the Western MSM, isn't it? They must be lying. :rolleyes:

Of course you don't know. Cause MSM is lying to you,
What Putin said was merely statement of fact. It does not imply his desire to recreate USSR. What he said is simply the fact, that's it, nothing else. USSR could have been reformed without all that economic mayhem dissolution caused.
But fucking MSM clowns made a galactic deal out of it. The same way they were foaming not stop about alleged Putin admission of interference in your elections.

Your gotcha MSM journalism is fucking annoying.

Attacking "the MSM" is almost inevitably an indication of trying to promote untruths as truths.

While they do leave a lot to be desired they're far better than their opponents.
That.
Goes double regarding Russian State media and immersion-level propagandism.

The only MSM that barbos never criticizes is the Russian MSM, which, of course, he never pays any attention to when he isn't copy-pasting stuff from it here. Frankly, I'm convinced that the only reason the Russian navy was forced out of holding its live fire exercises outside of NATO member Ireland's Exclusive Economic Zone was the Irish MSM, which was so unfair in taking the side of those aggressive fishermen.

See Russia moves naval exercises outside Ireland’s Exclusive Economic Zone

Oh, wait. The Irish Times is part of the Western MSM, isn't it? They must be lying. :rolleyes:
Yea, people start complaining about MSM when they start unknowingly adopting odd conspiracy types of beliefs. When this happens, people start only looking for kooks with their ideology that they agree with. I actually think that it's good to read news on sites that I don't agree with (Fox, WSJ and etc.). BTW: I did watch a couple of the speakers that Barbos advocates for. Was not impressed. One of the speakers claims that Ukraine is illegally discriminating against Russian speaking Ukrainians. And that Russia must protect this aggrieved group of people in danger of being thrown in the gulags! What a joke. The current Ukrainian president who won by popular vote is a Russian speaker!

Good to know that, yet it makes it confusing how people who were anti-war in December of 2008 were silent in February of 2009.
Maybe I do need to break out the crayons. Nobody shifted their position in the manner you suggested.

That is not my experience. Of course there are some idiots who say that sending in troops to shoot people is good if you call it "nation building and foreign aid" instead of "invasion and war". That's not on me though, it is on those idiots.

Yea, people start complaining about MSM when they start unknowingly adopting odd conspiracy types of beliefs.
So Katrina vanden Heuvel and Mearseheimer are a conspiracy theorists now?
And who are you with your "Putin wants USSR back" theory?
MSM is echo chamber of neocons talking to each other looking good, with no alternative points ever allowed.

Yea, people start complaining about MSM when they start unknowingly adopting odd conspiracy types of beliefs.
MSM is echo chamber of neocons talking to each other looking good, with no alternative points ever allowed.
What exactly do you think those people were saying? Because I watched those videos and I don't think they are saying what you think they are saying.

What exactly do you think those people were saying? Because I watched those videos and I don't think they are saying what you think they are saying.
Really? What do YOU think they were saying?

Really? What do YOU think they were saying?
Why are you afraid of talking about videos that YOU posted to this thread? They said a lot of things and while I was able to finally provoke you into talking a little bit about the Mearshehimer video you still haven't told us what you think is significant about the Vanden Heuvel video despite posting it like 10 times.

What do you think the people in the videos YOU posted are saying?

A massive military buildup at or near Russia's western borders will cause Putin to have second thoughts about annexing Ukraine. He will be mindful of the unlikelihood that neither Poland nor Byelorussia would oppose those forces passing through, should they be ordered to slowly meander towards Moscow. Finland, Lithuania, Estonia and Latvia would be particularly cooperative. Troops in Romania would place Russian forces in an awkward pincer, should they try to roll into Ukraine.

A massive military buildup at or near Russia's western borders will cause Putin to have second thoughts about annexing Ukraine. He will be mindful of the unlikelihood that neither Poland nor Byelorussia would oppose those forces passing through, should they be ordered to slowly meander towards Moscow. Finland, Lithuania, Estonia and Latvia would be particularly cooperative. Troops in Romania would place Russian forces in an awkward pincer, should they try to roll into Ukraine.
Yea, if Putin really feared Nato, he would stop incentivizing countries into wanting to join Nato! Let's hope that Putin gets some of his aggression feelings fulfilled in the Olympics via sport and this conflict can cool down.

What do you think the people in the videos YOU posted are saying?
I already answered that many times. It was met with crickets, each time.
humor me
These videos are saying what their titles say.
So you think that the shallow clickbait title is as deep as it goes. That is a very bad habit to be in.

Here is a title: A One-Sided Narrative: U.S. Press Focuses on “Russian Aggression” While Ignoring U.S. Escalation
So... SOME U.S. Press is focusing on Russian aggression and ignoring U.S. Escalation.

Note that this doesn't actually tell us what is really happening in Ukraine, it's causes, or effects, it tells us about SOME U.S. Press. But let's look again: "Russian aggression" is in scare quotes, which might imply that the aggression is fake, or that the person who wrote the title thinks that a comma wouldn't have conveyed the object of the verb "focuses" as well as quotation marks. But even if the aggression is fake, then why is the word "escalation" used for what the U.S. is doing and not aggression, merely escalation? Here's one reason that might be the case: Because the U.S. isn't the aggressor, someone else is... Maybe Russia? They have already been half called the aggressor in the thread title, so it is probably them.

So we agree that Russia is the aggressor and what the US is guilty of is not being gutless appeasers trying to deescalate at all costs?

Great!

Or you could give us an indication of what you really think the video is saying....

But to take it back a step, even if the US Press is only reporting all the aggressive things Russia is doing, and ignoring the escalations the US is doing, that doesn't justify the aggressive things Russia is doing, and it doesn't invalidate the escalations the US is doing. This video title isn't telling you anything useful about the actual situation. You realize that, right? What the US press does or doesn't report, doesn't actually affect what happens in Ukraine or validate the moral or immoral actions of the US or Russia.

Back
Top Bottom