• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

May I have some more please?

I look forward to Barbos explaining how this is a brilliant feint to lure more Nazis to their deaths, for the greater good of Putin's Mother Russia!
Tom
Don't hold your breath. Besides, barbos is probably too busy hunting Nazis in Ukraine by now. I'm sure he signed up to save Russia.

Here's a BBC article about the nonsense Barbos has been going on about regarding Ukrainan Nazis. Russia has trying to justify the war by claiming to try to stop a genocide of the ethnic Russians in Ukraine. And using the 1948 UN convention for international intervention to stop genocide.

Putin is absolutely shameless. It makes me upset on several levels. It relativises the holocaust.

Russian news: Ukrainian forces have advanced into areas where our forces strategically withdrew to reconsolidate.
Every day, Russian army has great victories over Ukraine. That these victories are getting closer and closer to Melitopol is irrelevant.

In the push through Robotyne, indications are that Russia's "elastic defense" is stretched pretty thin. If Ukrainian forces continue to take bit-size chunks out of Russian positions on a pretty regular basis, it would indicate Russia can no longer execute the counterattack aspect of the elastic defense and is simply firing in retreat.

Russia: It now time, my Republican puppet do start talk much about money carefulness. Many American people, they have big heart, yes? Give 50 billion for help and soldier things was sure thing to happen, yes? But soon, they not care anymore, interest go down. I make puppet to squawk loud about 300+ billion needing for fix many years, 20 or 30 maybe, so they make mind up let Russia take Ukraine is good for them.

Well, let's see if the Resilient Africa with its load of Ukrainian grain passes safely out of the Black Sea. My understanding is it will be hugging the coastline and its first test will be making it to Romania's territorial waters.

Why would the surroundings of the sub be pixilated except to conceal where it is. It leaves me a bit suspicious.
I thought it was to better define the submarine perhaps from its similarly colored surroundings. Just a guess. I can find no news website, Forbes, Newsweek, Yahoo, who has addressed this pixelation. If there were reason for concern, I'd figure someone would be asking why.

Based on their wikipedia page, CIT seems to be a trustworthy organization.

Why would the surroundings of the sub be pixilated except to conceal where it is. It leaves me a bit suspicious.
I thought it was to better define the submarine perhaps from its similarly colored surroundings. Just a guess. I can find no news website, Forbes, Newsweek, Yahoo, who has addressed this pixelation. If there were reason for concern, I'd figure someone would be asking why.

Still, what reason is there to pixalate the surroundiings but to hide it's actual location? That legitimate new organizations have not asked why doesn't eliminate my suspicians.

Still, what reason is there to pixalate the surroundiings but to hide it's actual location? That legitimate new organizations have not asked why doesn't eliminate my suspicians.
I wonder if it's more to hide the identity of the person taking the photograph, although I really can't figure out how.

In the push through Robotyne, indications are that Russia's "elastic defense" is stretched pretty thin. If Ukrainian forces continue to take bit-size chunks out of Russian positions on a pretty regular basis, it would indicate Russia can no longer execute the counterattack aspect of the elastic defense and is simply firing in retreat.
And note that Russia recently admitted to a nasty friendly-fire incident when routed Russian troops were mistaken for Ukrainian and shelled.

Also, note that Russia has been moving troops around to bolster the defenses in the area under attack. We very well might see another point get weakened to the point that it gets attacked also.

And note that Russia recently admitted to a nasty friendly-fire incident when routed Russian troops were mistaken for Ukrainian and shelled.

Also, note that Russia has been moving troops around to bolster the defenses in the area under attack. We very well might see another point get weakened to the point that it gets attacked also.

Well I hope they stay focused on the push toward Melitopol and hold the line elsewhere. Get the M14 road within range. Get ATACMS from the US to do some real damage to the Kerch bridge. Starve the Russian forces in Crimea for supplies. The US is replacing the ATACMS with Precision Strike Missiles (PrSM). Might as well put the old stock to good use. They need to take that bridge out once and for all.

Anonymous insider sources told U.S. media early in September that President Joe Biden’s administration would likely soon announce that the U.S. will transfer MGM-140 ATACMS land-attack missiles to Ukraine. Allegedly, a recently “rediscovered” stockpile of these ground-launched missiles has boosted the appeal of such a transfer, though recently, an Army official denied any ATACMS inventory was actually 'lost' by the U.S. military.
:biggrin: They didn't lose the missiles, they just misplaced them. :biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom