• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

Because unlike you, Russia is trustworthy.
:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:
You promised to not expand NATO to the east, broke that promise.
You promised Minsk 2 - admitted that you lied.
You promised Ukraine "For as long as it takes" - switched to "For as long as we can" (blame democracy republicans for that)
You blew up Nord Stream.
Anti-ICBM defence in Poland and Romania? Obama admitted it was a lie.
And it does not end with Russia, it goes all the way to USSR.
You have been lying throughout all your history.

Why should Russia trust US?

He said that the post-Soviet Russian leadership was “not even trying to make obvious democratic reforms.” The 1996 election he called “fraudulent” and “one of the most dramatic turning points in Russian modern history,” though he conceded that back then, “the general unfairness of the election” did not bother him.

But “Russia will still have a chance” to move toward democracy. “This is a historical process. We will again be at the crossroads,” he wrote.
So you are essentially admitting that this Ukraine business is actually about .... "democratizing" Russia.
Let me, for the sake of the argument, admit that Russia is not a Democracy and in fact Totalitarian Shithole-stan.
How is that your business? How the fuck is that your business? Who gave you the right to go there and regime change it?

You promised Ukraine "For as long as it takes" - switched to "For as long as we can" (blame democracy republicans for that)
You blew up Nord Stream.

All countries lie, except according to you, Russia.

Let me, for the sake of the argument, admit that Russia Ukraine is not a Democracy and in fact Totalitarian Shithole-stan.
How is that your business? How the fuck is that your business? Who gave you the right to go there and regime change it?
Right back atcha there, chief.

Let me, for the sake of the argument, admit that Russia Ukraine is not a Democracy and in fact Totalitarian Shithole-stan.
Right back atcha there, chief.
No, you are not. You went to Ukraine and regime changed them.
It is an established and undeniable fact that russian "invasion" was provoked. And it was provoked in order to change "regime" in Russia. The same way you provoked Soviet Invasion in Afghanistan.

So, who gave you the right to run around the world and change regimes?

Last edited:
You blew up Nord Stream.

All countries lie, except according to you, Russia.
Well, not all and not to the same degree as the Hegemon. But basically, people agree that US is on top in that department.

Someone is starting to see things clearly.
Ukrainian actor who voluntarily joined Wehrmacht, now says that Crimea and Donbass are ...... Russia.
That will break your brain.

Speaking of all these actors including Zitler. They all worked in that bad bad bad place Russia.
Yes, Zitler worked in Russia and was fine with that totalitarian Gulagistan you like to talk about.

Hitler tried to steal other nations like Putin does. What country has Zelenskiy tried to steal?
According to barbos, Ukraine. Stole it from Russia apparently.
Yes, Ukraine is and has always been part of Russia, 1991 notwithstanding.
Galicia, you can have that.

It appears that barbos has now decided that Russia includes all of the territories that Catherine II gobbled up in 1795, when it worked out an agreement to the Austrian and German empires to partition what was left of Poland. Galicia was the part that got sucked into the Austro-Hungarian Empire. Russia took the lion's share of Poland, which extended halfway into modern Poland and seems to have been the basis of the agreement between Stalin and his ally, Hitler, when they agreed to repartition Poland with the  Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact. He apparently takes 1795 as some kind of magical year in which Russia's legitimate borders were established--the furthest westward extent of the Russian Empire until its collapse. Now, with the collapse of the Soviet empire in the 1991, he apparently has bought into Putin's ultranationalist program for using pre-revolutionary Russia as the justification of territorial claims for its aggressive imperialism.

Now, with the collapse of the Soviet empire in the 1991, he apparently has bought into Putin's ultranationalist program for using pre-revolutionary Russia as the justification of territorial claims for its aggressive imperialism.
Zackly.
I am sure he and the Russian citizenry will bask in the glory of nationalist pride, as they preside over the ashes of all who stood in the way of their righteous conquests. May the ruins of all the world give pride to the destroyers who have created such beauty to slake their limitless greed.
This is why Russia deserves our “respect”. They can wreck stuff.

IMG_0970.jpeg

Yes this post is spot on. I’ve always felt that Russians do not respect private property and sovereignty.
That's ironic for you to say. I am talking about West trying to steal russian assets. And report about Pentagon official visits to ... Crimea right after Nazi Coup in 2014.
This is rather rich coming from a person who has never experienced civil freedoms like are lived in the west. If one has been "happily" enslaved for generations including up to the present I can understand the mindset to a point but cannot appreciate it fully.

I hate when people steal themselves.
Maybe this is the Ruskie problem in a nutshell. It's a country that's never experienced a legitimate society based on freedom and law but rather one in which the biggest thief was always rewarded. Their monarchy attempted a few flashes of reform along these lines but it never seemed to take a prime probably because there was never enough water in the well to sustain anything. Peasants were owned and sold over the years unlike western societies. Western societies certainly had slaves but the majority of Ruskies were always slaves for the country's history. Reformers were always brutally silenced and exterminated. It's really an interesting dynamic that we in the west probably can't fully appreciate and comprehend.

USA is a hegemon over most of the world today. Much like Russia is the hegemon over most of the old Soviet block. The difference lies in that the US president is a better emperor than the Russian president. Its simply just much nicer to be dominated by USA than Russia. It comes down to foundational myths. The idea that USA is the land of the free is just a myth. USA is powerful because being powerful is important to Americans. That's its primary mission. Not to spread freedom. But its myth acts to curtail abuses of power.

There's a lot of countries in the world where USA only symbolises violence, oppression and the loss of freedom. Lots.

Whoever has power will abuse it. Its simply a question of how much. I consider myself extremely lucky to live under American domination. But its still domination. Its not freedom. Just because it could be worse, doesn’t make USA into a litte angel nation.

Russia is a garbage hegemon. Its the worst kind of klepotocracy. Anything would be better than being dominated by Russia

Someone is starting to see things clearly.
Ukrainian actor who voluntarily joined Wehrmacht, now says that Crimea and Donbass are ...... Russia.
Too bad Russians don't get the same opportunity to say what they feel.

That will break your brain.
You'd be the expert on broken brains.

Speaking of all these actors including Zitler. They all worked in that bad bad bad place Russia.
Yes, Zitler worked in Russia and was fine with that totalitarian Gulagistan you like to talk about.
How do you know he was fine with it? He did go back to Ukraine.

Hitler tried to steal other nations like Putin does. What country has Zelenskiy tried to steal?
According to barbos, Ukraine. Stole it from Russia apparently.
Yes, Ukraine is and has always been part of Russia, 1991 notwithstanding.
Galicia, you can have that.
At one point you took it by force. Now you're trying to again. Your history is very selective, although I suspect that's your educational system's fault.

That will fly so far enough over barbos's head to be a satellite. It could be as LP says, just part of the educational state propaganda system. But yes, without the freedom we enjoy in the west Ruskies better toe the state line.

That will fly so far enough over barbos's head to be a satellite. It could be as LP says, just part of the educational state propaganda system. But yes, without the freedom we enjoy in the west Ruskies better toe the state line.
I've seen enough holes in my wife's history education, I expect Russia is similar.

Back
Top Bottom