• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

The Baltic Sea is pretty much a NATO lake anymore. All the bordering countries are purchasing anti-ship missiles because of Russia's invasion of its neighbor Ukraine. Once these missiles are in place Russian ships in Kaliningrad won't stand a chance in an actual fight and would likely be sunk in port if hostilities ever really happened. But I am sure that is all part of barbos' plan. We'll probably see these ships redeployed somewhere else closer to Russia in the future.

Another unlucky completely accidental accident in Russia

Accidentally beaten to death.
So accidental
Police are arresting Russians trying to lay flowers at a memorial to Russian victims of USSR violence.

"What a country!" Yakov Smirnoff

Remember americans running around South America trying to buy soviet era junk?
Well, Ecuador decided not to sell it to US, cause ...... bananas!
So Ukraine: 0, Bananas: 1.

But it isn't NATO attacking anybody,
I have a bridge you might be interested in purchasing.
Nazis are using NATO satellite data, NATO missiles. US pays salaries for to all nazi soldiers and whole nazi government.
NATO soldiers in the from of mercenaries are being deployed in Ukraine. It's an unprovoked NATO aggression against Russia.
Doesn't matter what we are doing inside Ukraine as you shouldn't be there in the first place.
You should not be there. Russia has every right to be there.
No, you don't, and it's insane to think you do.
No, you don't. We are.

Another unlucky completely accidental accident in Russia

Death happens. Recently 2 russian actors in their 40s died. And before that actor here, standup comedian there, all young.
And in general I noticed a lot of people were dying young. I suspect COVID complications.
In case of Navalny he had a blood clot, according to officials.
You can disbelieve that, but that happens. Being in prison does not help, and I think he did not get along with administration, that would give one extra-stress.

The Baltic Sea is pretty much a NATO lake anymore. All the bordering countries are purchasing anti-ship missiles because of Russia's invasion of its neighbor Ukraine. Once these missiles are in place Russian ships in Kaliningrad won't stand a chance in an actual fight and would likely be sunk in port if hostilities ever really happened. But I am sure that is all part of barbos' plan. We'll probably see these ships redeployed somewhere else closer to Russia in the future
What would Russia need Baltic fleet for?
Baltic Sea and Black sea are lakes that nobody would be able to use for anything.
NATO can destroy everything there and so can Russia.
If freaking Houthis pretty much closed the sea nearby then Russia can do that with ease.

The Baltic Sea is pretty much a NATO lake anymore. All the bordering countries are purchasing anti-ship missiles because of Russia's invasion of its neighbor Ukraine. Once these missiles are in place Russian ships in Kaliningrad won't stand a chance in an actual fight and would likely be sunk in port if hostilities ever really happened. But I am sure that is all part of barbos' plan. We'll probably see these ships redeployed somewhere else closer to Russia in the future
What would Russia need Baltic fleet for?
Baltic Sea and Black sea are lakes that nobody would be able to use for anything.
NATO can destroy everything there and so can Russia.
If freaking Houthis pretty much closed the sea nearby then Russia can do that with ease.
In today's world, Russians use the Black sea to either transport troops to invade somebody; or to sink or harass ships in order to stop cargo. The more Russian ships are sunk, the safer it is for everyone.

Last edited:
In today's world, Russians use the Black sea to either transport troops to invade somebody;
No, we don't.
Righto! I'm sure all those Russian amphibious ships in the black sea were intended to transport Russian tourists and good will ambassadors.
Yeah, Russia needs to sale to Ukraine to invade, sure.
Apparently you don't understand the economic importance of the Black Sea and all the countries that border it.

In today's world, Russians use the Black sea to either transport troops to invade somebody;
No, we don't.
Righto! I'm sure all those Russian amphibious ships in the black sea were intended to transport Russian tourists and good will ambassadors.
Yeah, Russia needs to sale to Ukraine to invade, sure.
Apparently you don't understand the economic importance of the Black Sea and all the countries that border it.
Probably so, but there is no question that his boss understands it very well. Ukraine’s geography, geology and arability are reason enough for him to make a play to steal it all.

No, we don't.
Yeah, Russia needs to sail to Ukraine to invade, sure.
Amphibious landing ships have something to do with economics now?
Oh, I understand, Ukraine is engaging in economic war with Russia, that's why their priority targets are bakeries in Donetsk.
By destroying all the bakeries in Russia (along with landing ships) Ukraine will cause hunger in Russia and then Putin would have to surrender. You ARE good!

No, we don't.
Amphibious landing ships have something to do with economics?
Oh, I understand, Ukraine is engaging in economic war with Russia, that's why their priority targets are bakeries in Donetsk.
By destroying all the bakeries in Russia (along with landing ships) Ukraine will cause hunger in Russia and them Putin would have to surrender. You ARE good!
Very surprised by your lack of understanding here. Your war ships are in the black sea to harass cargo transit and to support future amphibious troops ships transporting soldiers looking to invade. You need to focus here: the only purpose of an amphibious ship is to transport soldiers to attack ports.

No, we don't.
Amphibious landing ships have something to do with economics?
By destroying all the bakeries in Russia (along with landing ships) Ukraine will cause hunger in Russia and them Putin would have to surrender. You ARE good!
Very surprised by your lack of understanding here. Your war ships are in the black sea to harass cargo transit and to support future amphibious troops ships transporting soldiers looking to invade. You need to focus here: the only purpose of an amphibious ship is to transport soldiers to attack ports.
I believe correct reply you are looking for is "touché"

Back
Top Bottom