• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

In good news, Robert Fico was released from the hospital to home.
I hope he does not have serious lingering issues and continue to serve as Prime Minister.
We need all the good people in EU we can get to stop american aggression.

And speaking of sanctions. Apparently less than half of Western companies left Russia.
~1600 left, and ~2000 decided to stay. And many of these who "left", left only on paper. They change structure, rename and stuff like that.
Basically western businesses don't want to leave a booming economy. And I understand there is really no way to force western companies to leave, especially if it is a retail company which has no contracts with their respective government. Car companies and a lot of tech companies left but they all plan to return. Of course, that could be difficult considering the force with which chinese are replacing their share in Russia. Microsoft said they left, but in reality they still sell their shit, just less publicly. One Polish retail company which left but still sells their stuff from 2021 :D
Imagine that. Even Baltic States (the main russia haters) were caught with their business pants down in Russia :D
I am not talking about Estonian PM husband business in Russia.
Also Russian government made it hard for companies to leave. They ordered 50% discount and 25% tax on the rest for business sale for companies from unfriendly countries. Plus a lot of buyers are not acceptable for you because they are under .... your sanctions :D

So If I were Biden/Graham/Nuland I would not underestimate greed of EU non-MIC oligarchy.
There is a lot of money in non-MIC business and they can eventually tell MIC to fuck off.

Last edited:
Speaking of economy again. WB released updated data, according to which Russia economy is 4th now. In fact, has been 4th (ahead of Japan) since 2021.
So it's:
1. China
2. USA
3. India
4. Russia
5. Japan
6. Germany

Are you aware that US did plan to first strike USSR. You ascribe too much sense to current regime in the West.
"Plan to".

You fail to understand military reality.

Of course we have plans for a first strike on Russia!
Dude, it was plan A. So try again. It was THE Plan.
The US and Russian government both have plans for numerous situations.

Lots of examples in the final scene of Wargames.

Speaking of economy again. WB released updated data, according to which Russia economy is 4th now. In fact, has been 4th (ahead of Japan) since 2021.
So it's:
1. China
2. USA
3. India
4. Russia
5. Japan
6. Germany
Gee, Babs - that was 2021. HERE is 2024:
Now Ru doesn't even make the top ten! You must be SO so proud of your dear leader!

#1 United States Of America (U.S.A)28,78385.37
#2 China18,53613.14
#3 Germany4,73056.29
#4 Japan4,11234.14
#5 India3,9422.73
#6 United Kingdom (U.K.)3,50251.07
#7 France3,13247.36
#8 Brazil2,33311.35
#9 Italy2,33239.58
#10 Canada2,24254.87

Russia's economy is about 2.24T, and ranked #11 at the moment. But we could let TX and CA secede, and that would immediately knock it down to #13.
:hysterical:

Are you aware that US did plan to first strike USSR. You ascribe too much sense to current regime in the West.
"Plan to".

You fail to understand military reality.

Of course we have plans for a first strike on Russia!
Dude, it was plan A. So try again. It was THE Plan.

Lots of examples in the final scene of Wargames.
The only winning move is not to play.

How about a nice game of chess?

Nobody wants one, but if one is forced upon us, we would be crazy not to fight it. Capitulation to expansionist dictators isn't a more palatable option now.

Nobody wanted World War II, but it had to be fought, for much the same reason.

Of course, everybody was itching for a world war in 1914, but that was before they knew what one looked like.

How about we tell Ukraine to not attack Russian targets inside Russia once Russia stops attacking Ukrainians inside of Ukraine? That’s a win win for all!
This war can end only in two ways. 1. WWIII, or 2. Ukraine and Russia agree to cease fire.
NATO's supply of more armaments is not going to stop the war. China and North Korea will support Russia.
Does Zelenskiy not understand this? Why does he want Ukraine to be destroyed completely?

Terrorist regime in Washington has been shelling Belgorod for a while now. Russians moved Air defence to protect the city and shoot down most of the unguided rockets you send. ATACMS has show to be easy target in Crimea. It's pretty much US version of Tochka-U which is easy to defend against. Cruise missiles ar harder to defend against.
US regime decision to shell Belgorod backfired with Russian Army moving buffer zone into Ukraine, toward Harkhov.
So it's ukranian occupiers are now evacuating from Harkhov.

Besides Belgorod and Crimea of course, there is not many populated area near Ukraine. So your plan to demonstrate weakness of Putin to protect civilian population will fail. Russia is too large to cover. Result will be the opposite. People will demand dismantling terrorist state called Ukraine.
How about we tell Ukraine to not attack Russian targets inside Russia once Russia stops attacking Ukrainians inside of Ukraine? That’s a win win for all!
This war can end only in two ways. 1. WWIII, or 2. Ukraine and Russia agree to cease fire.
NATO's supply of more armaments is not going to stop the war. China and North Korea will support Russia.
Does Zelenskiy not understand this? Why does he want Ukraine to be destroyed completely?
The war can end a lot of different ways. The best way is a pistol to Putin’s brain. By his own hand or otherwise.

Capitulation to expansionist dictators isn't a more palatable option now.
Russia is not going to leave Donetsk, Luhansk or Crimea. So, you think WWIII is the only option?
The war can end a lot of different ways. The best way is a pistol to Putin’s brain. By his own hand or otherwise.
I do not deny that. NATO tried it in case of Fidel as well. Brain or heart-stroke too. It could happen to Zelenskiy also. No one knows. NATO should keep praying.

Capitulation to expansionist dictators isn't a more palatable option now.
Russia is not going to leave Donetsk, Luhansk or Crimea. So, you think WWIII is the only option?
Sure they will. They’re not really very good soldiers. With pooty out of the way they will scurry back to Russia quickly. They don’t want to be there. They will leave of their own accord.

With pooty out of the way they will scurry back to Russia quickly.
True. That is why I said NATO should keep praying.

Allow me to state my position. I am neither a Putin admirer nor a Zelenski/NATO admirer. I am non-aligned, being an Indian. Destruction in Ukraine or Russia as well as the travails of soldiers who are fighting the war, pains me equally.

Last edited:
USSR did not have such plan. And it was not situations. It was your plan to go and simply start nuclear war and the only reason it was not implemented was because USSR got sufficient number of nukes.

I honestly believe Biden and his mad gang is more likely to go out this way.
Russia is going to win, and you are going to lose. That's clear.

What a sorry motherfucker:

here is a city in question
It has no military targets which were ever hit, in fact I am not aware of any military targets there. Terrorist regime in Kiev started randomly shelling the city with unguided rockets this spring and a number of civilians have died.
Virtually nobody has left the town. And if they had that would mean that terrorist regime US supports forced 330K people to leave the city. Is that what you are saying here Mr. US government?

From what I'm seeing online that's Moscow trying to cover it's ass. The supposed rockets don't fly that far, it was your air defenses engaging something flying over.

What a sorry motherfucker:

here is a city in question
It has no military targets which were ever hit, in fact I am not aware of any military targets there. Terrorist regime in Kiev started randomly shelling the city with unguided rockets this spring and a number of civilians have died.
Virtually nobody has left the town. And if they had that would mean that terrorist regime US supports forced 330K people to leave the city. Is that what you are saying here Mr. US government?

From what I'm seeing online that's Moscow trying to cover it's ass. The supposed rockets don't fly that far, it was your air defenses engaging something flying over.

What? google maps and wikipedia were banned in US?
Discounting disgusting lies you try to propagate here. The question was about scumbag from the White House flat out lying to journalists. Why is he lying? Why do you allow him to lie?
That lying nazi piece of shit should be brought to justice!

Yes, that's why US leaders have been reluctant to endorse such strikes.
Neither France nor Germany have enough firepower that there's any chance of Russia not being able to stop an invasion using said weapons. Thus Russia is not facing an existential issue as could possibly happen with unrestricted US weapons.

Back
Top Bottom