• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

Short explanation of reality for the usual suspects here

Misjudged Putin??! What are you talking about? Before the invasion, I thought that Putler was a short murderous thug. After two and half years of brutal war, I think that Putler is a short murderous thug.

Well, you are wrong. Biden administration are murderous thugs.

Misjudged Putin??! What are you talking about? Before the invasion, I thought that Putler was a short murderous thug. After two and half years of brutal war, I think that Putler is a short murderous thug.

Well, before the invasion, there were commentators who thought that Russia would not invade because Putin is a shrewd leader who would not be stupid enough to commit such a colossal mistake. But they misjudged Putsolini.

Well, before the invasion, there were commentators who thought that Russia would not invade because Putin is a shrewd leader who would not be stupid enough to commit such a colossal mistake. But they misjudged Putsolini.

People are quick to credit people with intelligence if they successfully seize power in Countries that are in a shambles. Usually they turn out to simply be thugs whose sheer brutality has won the day for them. They are never really clever, but are always cunning.

Well, you are wrong. Biden administration are murderous thugs.

I think that Biden slightly (very slightly) misjudged Putler. He should have supplied more arms to Ukraine early in the war. We should have given them f-16s much much earlier. Biden should have allowed longer range weapons much earlier than what we did. Hard to believe, but Biden underestimated Putler's thuggery a little. And this has caused the deaths of Ukrainians.

He did not commit a mistake, you did, when you decided to provoke and provoke and provoke.

Last edited:

People are quick to credit people with intelligence if they successfully seize power in Countries that are in a shambles. Usually they turn out to simply be thugs whose sheer brutality has won the day for them. They are never really clever, but are always cunning.

Pere Ubu....

He did not commit a mistake, you did, when you thought you decided to provoke and provoke and provoke.

Putin was like a greedy monkey snatching a banana from a smaller monkey.

Soviet Union reborn. Thought control.

The situation in Russia's media is unprecedented. Restrictions on reporting are increasingly severe, and access to almost all independent outlets is blocked or limited - or they censor themselves.

Despite this, it is still possible to obtain uncensored information in Russia.

For most Russians, television remains the main source of the news. It is firmly controlled by the Kremlin and pumps out relentless war propaganda. Ukrainians are said to shell their own cities, and Russian troops are presented as liberators.

The fact that the majority of Russians tune in to TV news means they are inclined to at least hear the Kremlin's message - and possibly believe it.

There is more variety of opinion in the press, but it still largely sticks to the Kremlin line. A stalwart of independent reporting for almost 29 years, the Novaya Gazeta newspaper, suspended operations on 28 March after receiving warnings from Russia's media watchdog Roskomnadzor.

Barbos

Just on broadcast TV digital channels I get 24/7 news from around the world from multiple sources.

Do you get independent global news from outside?

Most could give a shit what goes on in Russia as long as it stays within Russia. When years back Putin said his goal was the restoration of the Soviet Union then people took notice.
Complete and utter BS. It is you who attacked and tried to destroy Russia.
Stop parroting MSM liars.
You seem to regard what happened in Ukraine as an attack on Russia. The standard hallmark of the abuser--you blame the victim for what you did when they escaped.
I guess, we start transferring nukes to Cuba again. And probably to Mexico, to governments and if not then to Cartels.
And that help the Russian people how?

Does it help your economy

Dr Z

The conspiracy theories have come directly from Putin and his allies on TV. Nazis in Ukraine. Western polling in Russia as far as it went indicates a general belief in the propaganda.

As an alolgy our large number of Trump supporters who believe his nonsense. Propaganda works. Repeated advertising messaging on TV is propaganda.

Russian schools quickly updated texts to echo the historical claims on Ukraine.

Putin is in a life or death struggle for his survival. He screwed up big time in Ukraine. If he fails he has no where to go but down. He has no political off ramp or soft landing.

Most could give a shit what goes on in Russia as long as it stays within Russia. When years back Putin said his goal was the restoration of the Soviet Union then people took notice.
Complete and utter BS. It is you who attacked and tried to destroy Russia.
Stop parroting MSM liars.
You seem to regard what happened in Ukraine as an attack on Russia. The standard hallmark of the abuser--you blame the victim for what you did when they escaped.
I guess, we start transferring nukes to Cuba again. And probably to Mexico, to governments and if not then to Cartels.
And that help the Russian people how?

Does it help your economy
How does war in Ukraine which you started helps american people?

TV. Nazis in Ukraine. Western polling in Russia as far as it went indicates a general belief in the propaganda.
Russian schools quickly updated texts to echo the historical claims on Ukraine.
What the fuck are you smoking? Nothing has ever changed, Bandera has always been a nazi, and Ukraine had been Russia until Lenin came along and created an appearance of USSR when in reality it was just Russia.

I think that Biden slightly (very slightly) misjudged Putler. He should have supplied more arms to Ukraine early in the war. We should have given them f-16s much much earlier. Biden should have allowed longer range weapons much earlier than what we did. Hard to believe, but Biden underestimated Putler's thuggery a little. And this has caused the deaths of Ukrainians.
I thought Biden to be overly cautious but was so out of fear of escalation and that his stepped up approach was the best way he thought to put Ukraine on a level playing field. Two and a half years later, whatever didn't work in Biden's plan, here we are. Biden had to know roughly how this would play out on the battlefield. It must have been the sanctions he thought would have more of an effect. Now he seems to be in a kind of prevent defense mode until November.
Thing is, nuclear war is every bit the possibility today if not more so. The more the west allows Ukraine to take the war to Russian soil, the more desperate Putin gets. Right now it is just Ukrainian drones venturing into Russia to destroy oil assets. I think the next step would be to expand targeting with western equipment into Russia. Russia hasn't the air defenses to cover all their critical assets and western missiles will do a hell of a lot more damage than the few drones that make it through Russian small arms fire.

I have no doubt there are people in the background waiting for an opportunity to oust Putin and take power.

He did not commit a mistake, you did, when you decided to provoke and provoke and provoke.

Like Donbot said in Futurama: Their desire to keep living shows me no respect. ...

Back
Top Bottom