• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

The videos I have seen show Russian tanks being totally destroyed. The Ukrainians have mastered that to a science. Battle fields littered with destroyed Russian tanks and armored vehicles. Day after day, Russian boys are sent into the death zone to die in fiery explosions.
It comes down to how they are hit. It's a lot easier for a FPV drone to do a mobility kill than a total kill but the operators have learned weak points. And even if it's a mobility kill the result is the crew bails and other drones might come back. The crew have a considerable habit of leaving the top open when they bail--drop a grenade in it and the ammo is going up.

As I said, Putin is a continuation of Stalinism. Brutal, oppressive. No free speech or press. Assignation. Jailing gossiping voices. Putin cut off grain from Ukraine that led to hunger in places in the world. Stalinistic brutality.
Even if it was true (which it is not) how is that your business to fix Russia?
Maybe russians want it that way?
You do nitunderstand the USA and the Europeans.

Most could give a shit what goes on in Russia as long as it stays within Russia. When years back Putin said his goal was the restoration of the Soviet Union then people took notice. A threat to former Soviet client states now in EU and NATO. Like Poland who remember the Soviets.

Stalin made a non aggression pact with Hit;er in exchange for part of Poland post war. Stalin claimed that like Putin's claim Ukraine Poland was really part of Russia.

Georgia was getting corruption under control, stabilizing, attracting foreign investment. Putin could not tolerate it.

I member the Russian tanks in Poland when the Solidarity Movent formed, the Gdansk shipyard and Lech Walesa. Ukraine is the old Soviet-Stalinist tactics. Putin was a Soviet communist believer and mored the collapse of the Soviets.

Putin is Stalin reborn. And IMO if NATO ends up with tropps in Ukraine so be it. Th final act of WWII.

More and more Putin is lookng lke an irrational desional paranid.

When Obama was in office he was asked by VN to make a visit, they wanedt a a balance to China who invaded VN after we pulled out. One of the reasons for the war was to keep Chuna out.

Back in the 90s Amercam veterans stared vustng VN meeting Vietnamese vetrans and piong to clear land mines.

We have trade ahreemnts with VN and companies are movng from China to VN. Rusiia and Putin are 70 years in the past. We move on and change. VN has participated in Asian naval exercises with the USA and others. The world changes and Russia stays in an old failed ideology.

I was in the Navy in the VN war and did not see combat, but I knew combat vets then and since. I can understand what your Russian soldiers are going through, do you? Or is it just a game of words for you?

Last edited:

The videos I have seen show Russian tanks being totally destroyed. The Ukrainians have mastered that to a science. Battle fields littered with destroyed Russian tanks and armored vehicles. Day after day, Russian boys are sent into the death zone to die in fiery explosions.
It comes down to how they are hit. It's a lot easier for a FPV drone to do a mobility kill than a total kill but the operators have learned weak points. And even if it's a mobility kill the result is the crew bails and other drones might come back. The crew have a considerable habit of leaving the top open when they bail--drop a grenade in it and the ammo is going up.

The Ukrainians are now using multiple drone hits. The first drone with high explosives clears away reactive armor, cope cages et al, the second has a shaped charge that finishes off the stricken vehicle. All across Ukraine now small factories are churning out drones and warheads. Modeled after WW2 German "forest factories" decentralized small factories widely scattered, Ukraine is turning drone warfare into a deadly tactic that is making Russia's forces mere targets.

Russia keeps around an awful lot of very old stuff. And the stores of tanks have dropped by thousands, I forget the exact number.

The thing is you have more old equipment in storage than you have logistics to operate it in the field. As tanks get killed that logistics capacity goes to supporting older tanks in their place.
The fact is, Ukro-Wehrmacht supreme commander complained that Russia is stronger than in the beginniong.
7 times more soldiers, more tanks, more of everything.
Far less logistics. You have more shooters but less to shoot.

North Korean munitions are proving dangerous to Russian gunners. The warheads sometimes explode when the shell is fired.

Most could give a shit what goes on in Russia as long as it stays within Russia. When years back Putin said his goal was the restoration of the Soviet Union then people took notice.
Complete and utter BS. It is you who attacked and tried to destroy Russia.
Stop parroting MSM liars.

Georgia was getting corruption under control, stabilizing, attracting foreign investment. Putin could not tolerate it.
No they were not. and he did not. And yes, georginas now know that american scam used them in their war against Russia.
And please note that Georgia is not part of a new Soviet Union you keep talking about, Putin had not even deposed Saakashvili.

Last edited:
Wait. You’ve got MORE of everything? You’re killing great numbers of Ukrainians? And you STILL haven’t conquered so much as Donbas? Much less the rest of Ukraine?
You don't believe Syrsky?

You started this Kupyansk offensive in January! And you still haven’t captured this city? What the fuck is wrong with your army, dude?

I say they’re cowards.

But I can’t blame them. Why the fuck should they sacrifice their lives for Putin’s glory? Do the world a favor and revolt against this cocksucker.

Some videos on Youtube show Russians attacking and being blown up one by one. They drive their tanks along roads the Ukrainians have sighted in on. And die. And do it again, and again and again. It is heartbreakingly stupid.

You did not watch the video i just posted did you?
He specifically address this nazi propaganda practice of selecting videos of their "successes"
Nobody usually dies in tank or armored vehicle after FPV hit. Ordinary ukrainian FPV is not able to destroy dank, let alone kill soldiers in it. Most of the time it gets incapacitated and then repaired.
Russian lancet drones started with small warhead, and then progressively increased it to a level where they can actually destroy armored vehicles. FPVs are much smaller.

Fine, believe what you want.

Most could give a shit what goes on in Russia as long as it stays within Russia. When years back Putin said his goal was the restoration of the Soviet Union then people took notice.
Ukraine is not Russia.

The Ukrainians are now using multiple drone hits.
Yes, there is a video of 8 drones hit on ...... one russian soldier. They wasted 8 drones with no result, the guy walked away unharmed.
They don't show failures and even when they don't miss they often show the hit but no result, you know why? becasue there is no result or result is underwhelming. The fact is, drones were effective in the beginning but now, most of them get jammed according to ukrops themselves. Same with all your american wunderwaffe, 90% of your ATACMS get jammed.
Your stupid weapons do not work anymore, you even stopped sending some of them, like GPS guided shells. It became pointless to send expensive shit which is no more effective than ordinary shells.

Last edited:
Ukraine is not Russia.
First of all Ukraine is Russia. Second of all, even if they were not, you are using them to attack Russia, the same way you used Georgia and their Hitler who is now rotting in georgian prison.

It comes down to Ukrainians getting weaponry and learning tactics. The Allies couldn't handle the German heavy tanks and knew they needed a better tank. Along came the Firefly, a modified Sherman. It typically took a single shot to destroy the best German tanks. Unlike the Ruskis the Germans weren't stupid and knew to look for the longer barrel Firefly. So the Allies typically kept them as hidden as possible. German tankers knew they had no chance against them.

All those people from around the world in France eating, drinking, and celebrating the Olympics.

Russia is no where to be seen, Russia is making war destroying schools and hospitals. That pretty much says it al about Russia.

Nice to see Simone Biles back in action. All the young gymnasts at the Olympics are in phenomena physical condition. Chnia looks good.

No they were not. and he did not. And yes, georginas now know that american scam used them in their war against Russia.
And please note that Georgia is not part of a new Soviet Union you keep talking about, Putin had not even deposed Saakashvili.
A Vietnam vet in my building talked about somebody next to him having his head blown off and being spattered with blood and brains. He nearly had his arm blown off and it took years for him to rehab.

Is this claim of owning Urbain worth the suffering of Russian soldiers?

Russia is its own worse enemy. The world moves on and evolves struggling to end conflict, and Russia remains in an imperial past of conquest and dictators.

Ad Lithuania. I had a Lithuanian philosophy teacher who experienced Russian post war occsurpation.

Originally Answered: Does Russia ever think of reviving the Soviet Union?

I am Russian and I spent 30 years of my life in the Soviet Union, in Lithuania. And another half of my life - in the independent Lithuania. I do not want to revive USSR back. Yes, I was young, I had free education and free medicine. And yes, I had a possibility to travel without passport to Georgia or Minsk . However :

The education I ‘v got, missed a lot , because the science in the USSR was isolated from the rest of the world, and there were almost no possibilities to visit any international conferences . Once we were allowed to visit Chekoslovakia with a group. It was the first and only trip abroad during my studies, and it took place under the guidance of the KGB informer( yes, we knew it) . I had to study on my own , getting all literature I need only in special libraries and visiting workshops, which were organized by Soviet colleagues only.

Lithuania since the collapse of the USSR changed a lot. We have normal salaries and growing economy. Our cities look much nicer and we have normal european night life. We have good roads and modern toilets. We even have - not so much yet- the autonomic cars bringing goods to our homes. It is far from the technologies of the USSR, which were heavy, impractical and copied replicas of the western equipment.

Putin did say he wanted to reot the Siviet Union, ad then walked it back.

I herd simar stories from peole who maneg to escoe the Sovet Union.

Has Putin said he wants to restore the Soviet Union?
MOSCOW, Sept 30 (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin on Friday denied seeking to revive the Soviet Union, moments after announcing Moscow would annex four Ukrainian provinces following "referendums" decried in Kyiv and the West as a sham.Sep 30, 2022

Do Russians want the Soviet Union back?
Polling since the mid-1990s on the preferred political and economic system of Russians also shows nostalgia for the Soviet Union, with the most recent polling in 2021 showing 49% preferring the Soviet political system, compared to 18% preferring the current system, and 16% preferring Western democracy, as well as 62% ...

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-2.../QUOTE] Yeltsin folloed by Putin, both inept.

Barbos

During the Cold War communist Russia and China were political adversaries of America, both countries still are.

Why is it that today China is doing so well and Russia so poorly. China is a global economic power and Russia is somewhat inconsequential. The Russian economy could disappear and the world would not notice.

Why is that? Could it be incompetent Russian leadership? Could it be culture?

Why do you assume that Putin has the ability, right to depose Saakashvili? Hardly a neighbourly act.

Ukraine is not Russia.
First of all Ukraine is Russia. Second of all, even if they were not, you are using them to attack Russia, the same way you used Georgia and their Hitler who is now rotting in georgian prison.
You are factually incorrect.

Ukraine is a sovereign country as recognized by most of the world and the UN.

All those people from around the world in France eating, drinking, and celebrating the Olympics.

Russia is no where to be seen, Russia is making war destroying schools and hospitals. That pretty much says it al about Russia.

Nice to see Simone Biles back in action. All the young gymnasts at the Olympics are in phenomena physical condition. Chnia looks good.

Yep! The rest of the world can come together and compete and be in peace. No Russia. Damn shame.

You could have saved a lot of typing and just said "I am a russophobe"

Last edited:

Yep! The rest of the world can come together and compete and be in peace. No Russia. Damn shame.
same to you.

Why do you assume that Putin has the ability, right to depose Saakashvili? Hardly a neighbourly act.
He definitely had that ability and I would say, according to you usual suspects, right to depose that deranged maniac State Department installed in Georgia.
After all, according to EU, it was Georgia who attacked Russia. But that was not really the point, The point was your retarded theory about restoration of Soviet Union, why did not he restore it in case of Georgia? Why Putin left Georgia while Saaka was eating his necktie?

Back
Top Bottom