• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

I have no doubt there are people in the background waiting for an opportunity to oust Putin and take power.
I think there are people waiting for him to die or have an accident but I don't think anyone has the balls to confront him. He controls the secret police by keeping them bribed so they do his bidding. The resto of the population has a serf mentality of obedience. There's no civic society and therefore no leadership. It's exactly the non-threat Russian Hitler wants.

I have no doubt there are people in the background waiting for an opportunity to oust Putin and take power.
I think there are people waiting for him to die or have an accident but I don't think anyone has the balls to confront him. He controls the secret police by keeping them bribed so they do his bidding. The resto of the population has a serf mentality of obedience. There's no civic society and therefore no leadership. It's exactly the non-threat Russian Hitler wants.
He's in control until he isn't. It will flip like a switch. When those who protect him feel the situation is about to turn and their asses may be in the fire, they will all give each other the look and out the window he goes. Putin's swan song. They will do it for Mother Russia.

Most could give a shit what goes on in Russia as long as it stays within Russia. When years back Putin said his goal was the restoration of the Soviet Union then people took notice.
Complete and utter BS. It is you who attacked and tried to destroy Russia.
Stop parroting MSM liars.
You seem to regard what happened in Ukraine as an attack on Russia. The standard hallmark of the abuser--you blame the victim for what you did when they escaped.
I guess, we start transferring nukes to Cuba again. And probably to Mexico, to governments and if not then to Cartels.
And that help the Russian people how?

Does it help your economy
How does war in Ukraine which you started helps american people?

Putin started it. Stop the nonsense. Pootie thought he could get away with it. He isn't.

Misjudged Putin??! What are you talking about? Before the invasion, I thought that Putler was a short murderous thug. After two and half years of brutal war, I think that Putler is a short murderous thug.
And the world most certainly did misjudge Putin. We didn't realize how utterly incompetent the Russian army was.

We should have given them f-16s much much earlier
So you suggest Biden to start WW3?
F-16s are not a reason for WWIII.

Sane countries will not start WWIII for anything less than an existential threat. And the only existential threat Russia faces is from within.

Ukraine is certainly going to stop at their border (the real one, not the 2014 nonsense). They have nowhere near the firepower to take on Russia on their own and if they were to try to cross that line (other than for tactical reasons) the flow of arms would immediately shut off.

In the days of Czars and Roman emperors a crazy leader in a disastrous war would get poisoned or a knife in the back.

Well, before the invasion, there were commentators (including Barbos) who thought that Russia would not invade because Putin is a shrewd leader who would not be stupid enough to commit such a colossal mistake. But they misjudged Putsolini.
FTFY

Most could give a shit what goes on in Russia as long as it stays within Russia. When years back Putin said his goal was the restoration of the Soviet Union then people took notice.
Complete and utter BS. It is you who attacked and tried to destroy Russia.
Stop parroting MSM liars.
You seem to regard what happened in Ukraine as an attack on Russia. The standard hallmark of the abuser--you blame the victim for what you did when they escaped.
I guess, we start transferring nukes to Cuba again. And probably to Mexico, to governments and if not then to Cartels.
And that help the Russian people how?

Does it help your economy
How does war in Ukraine which you started helps american people?
Lots of defense industry jobs.

Putin is in a life or death struggle for his survival. He screwed up big time in Ukraine.
He did, when he thought that simple parade would be enough. Now that mistake is being fixed by exterminating nazis.
There's a really big one in the Kremlin you might want to consider concentrating on.

We should have given them f-16s much much earlier
So you suggest Biden to start WW3?

Your side has been threatening WW3 from the very beginning.
No, it was your side who said "F-16 in Ukraine=WW3"

Russia’s former Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev has accused NATO of bringing World War Three closer by giving Ukraine military aid.
I don't think Medvedev is on our side.

And you wonder why most of Europe wanrs to jopin NATO.

Another day and Russia is still has not conquered Ukraine.

Tactfully when the war started Putin never said three wee, he really said three years.

Another day in the Russian paradise.

The Putinistas bluster, bluster, bluster, threaten, threaten, threaten, warn, warn, warn. All that definitely has an eventual effect but we in the west should be smarter. Russian serfs like barbos never see anything else so its understandable their limited ability to observe what is actually happening. It would be wise for the west to ignore all the bluster and simply get on with advancing democracy and helping Ukraine. Russian Hitler can scream and shit his pants till the cows come home and we shouldn't care or even notice.

Bluster and threats were the hallmark of the Soviets. Mostly with client stats that could not fight back.

The question at the start was whether Putin was rational or not. Would he use nukes and go out in a blaze of glory if NATO went into Ukraine?

I heard intelligence analysts say he is rational, I am not so sure. Keep lying long enough and you can believe your own lies.

Would he rather face a nuclear war than back down?

That is what analysts at the CIA are paid to figure out.

Things are moving faster and faster now. Terrorist regime in Kiev losing territory fast.
Talks about trading territory for peace in Ukraine and even in US.

Bluster and threats were the hallmark of the Soviets. Mostly with client stats that could not fight back.

The question at the start was whether Putin was rational or not. Would he use nukes and go out in a blaze of glory if NATO went into Ukraine?

I heard intelligence analysts say he is rational, I am not so sure. Keep lying long enough and you can believe your own lies.

Would he rather face a nuclear war than back down?

That is what analysts at the CIA are paid to figure out.
Fundies who want to die for their god would gladly incinerate humanity. Is Russian Hitler such a person? Are the leaders of Iran such people? Is Kim such a person? None of them are. So I don't know why we pay any attention to these guys when they threaten nukes. They're not going to do it and they know it. And they also know we'll cower like a bunch of bullied kids on the playground giving press to their every word. Shame on us for being so fucking gullible and letting Ukrainians suffer so much at the hands of these fuckers.

Back
Top Bottom