• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

I'd really take a step back before considering any of this relevant. While Ukraine is doing well with little, where there is even less Russian military defense, it is an extremely fragile incursion, with high likelihoods of complete annihilation. I do ponder whether Russia even cares. Ukraine can move up, but we've seen with Russia and their invasion, it is pretty easy to move forward, it is a lot harder to stay put and defend.

So what? they don't have logistics for doing what they are doing now.
It's just a raid without any hope to hold any land. They know they would have to leave pretty soon.

We’ll just have to wait and see what “pretty soon” means.

The country lasted just 74 years.
Ukraine lasted just 25 years
Not true. Kiev was an important city when Moscow was a small village ruled most of the time - from Kiev. Read some history.
Yes, and Kiev was Russia back then. read some history.
barbos!
You should read eg. Russian books that are printed before the year 2000, before Putin's Truth Ministry was founded.
Kievan Rus, not Kievan Ukraine.

Yes, it was called Kievan Rus not 'Russian Kiev'.

- Kiev was founded 482 BC
- Kievan Rus was 880–1240 AC, more than 1300 years later.
- Moscow was first mentioned 1147 AC, 1600 years after Kiev was founded.
(Wikipedia)
Ukraine was created as a republic in USSR by Vladimir Lenin in 1920.
Kiev is a Russian city.

ISW tells that UA is already 35 km inside Russia.

View attachment 47142

The report:

I had thought it was a flanking maneuver but that's far from the main combat area. I guess they must be trying to force Russia to redeploy--we've already seen how poor their convoy security is.

That was mentioned in some video I posted.
How about this?
View attachment 47177
LOL, that's hilarious.
And do you know why? Because I wanted to post that retarded picture and to post it had to search for it and did not want to do it. Now you posted it. And that's all we need to know about quality of the shit you consume.
Jason Jay Smart, you are not smart at all, you stupid imbecile.

We get little unfiltered and uncensored on he ground reporting from Russia in general and nothing about living conditions outside of Moscow.

The general reporting over here has been that the Russian economy is not collapsing. Putin is getting around sanctions.

Not true. Kiev was an important city when Moscow was a small village ruled most of the time - from Kiev. Read some history.
barbos!
You should read eg. Russian books that are printed before the year 2000, before Putin's Truth Ministry was founded.

(Wikipedia)
Kiev is a Russian city.
Don't you guys use spell checker? The capital of Ukraine, founded 482 BC, is spelled Kyiv.

barbos!

(Wikipedia)
Kiev is a Russian city.
Don't you guys use spell checker? The capital of Ukraine, founded 482 BC, is spelled Kyiv.
There was no Ukraine back then and Kiev was not founded in 482 BC.
According to archeological data something resembling few villages formed in 8-10th century.
It was not what one would classify as city or center of anything back then.
Kiev is the oldest Russian city, but Novgorod is not far behind.

Last edited:
barbos!

(Wikipedia)
Kiev is a Russian city.
This. "Ukraine was created as a republic in USSR by Vladimir Lenin in 1920.
Kiev is a Russian city."

So I assume that 1920 Lenin gathered some 768 professors to invent the Ukrainian language and culture? And all the Russians in Kiev liked the newly invented language and culture?

And
Finland became an independent country 1917, so maybe we also invented our language and culture and what not? This happened after Lenin spoke to us 1905?

Let’s face it; babs is babbling incoherently.
Trying to counter all the lies is a fool’s errand.

So I assume that 1920 Lenin gathered some 768 professors to invent the Ukrainian language and culture?
Russia has a lot of different cultures and languages, having culture/language does not make you a country/state.

And yes, Lenin created State of Finland as well, not your language/culture, just the state.
The reason why Lenin created Ukraine is well known and obvious, he wanted to create impression that USSR was more than simply Russia. So he created bunch of republics and then he made some of them artificially bigger by attaching historically russian lands. Ukraine is one such artificial construct. Other republics less so but they were too, made slightly bigger than real borders would suggest.

Last edited:
barbos!

(Wikipedia)
Kiev is a Russian city.
According to archeological data something resembling few villages formed in 8-10th century.

OK, so Wikipedia has it all wrong. But you just told the truth. May I ask; When did you invent this truth?
So I assume that 1920 Lenin gathered some 768 professors to invent the Ukrainian language and culture?
Russia has a lot of different cultures and languages, having culture/language does not make you a country/state.
Yes, there are many cultures to eliminate - and Stalin tried to "fix" many of them. And now Putin.

barbos!

(Wikipedia)
Kiev is a Russian city.

OK, so Wikipedia has it all wrong. But you just told the truth. May I ask; When did you invent this truth?
Yes, there are many cultures to eliminate - and Stalin tried to "fix" many of them. And now Putin.
ChatGTP:
"Kiev, the capital of Ukraine, was traditionally founded in 482 AD. This date is based on medieval chronicles, specifically the "Primary Chronicle" (also known as the "Tale of Bygone Years"), which is a key historical document in Eastern Slavic history. The city is said to have been established by the legendary brothers Kyi, Shchek, and Khoryv, and their sister Lybid, who settled on the banks of the Dnieper River.

Here are some links for more detailed information:
  1. Kiev – Encyclopaedia Britannica
  2. History of Kyiv – Kyiv City Official Website
  3. History of Kyiv – Kyiv Post
These sources offer a good overview of the founding and historical significance of Kiev."

Last edited:

View attachment 47142

The report:

I had thought it was a flanking maneuver but that's far from the main combat area. I guess they must be trying to force Russia to redeploy--we've already seen how poor their convoy security is.

How about this?
View attachment 47177
LOL, that's hilarious.
And do you know why? Because I wanted to post that retarded picture and to post it had to search for it and did not want to do it. Now you posted it. And that's all we need to know about quality of the shit you consume.
Since you are not asking I will answer without asking.
The picture you reposted is retarded:
1. Sign is in Ukrainian, (Russia does not use ukrainian in signs)
2. Sign was geolocated and is actually (and obviously) in Ukraine.
3. It originally said 104 km, '4' was photoshopped out. even margins suggest that something was removed.
4. "Nachtigal" is the name of WW2 ukro-nazi battalion which was used by german-nazi to exterminate jews/russians and poles.

So it's a 4x facepalm. Regime in Kiev are fucking clowns.

Last edited:
I'd really take a step back before considering any of this relevant. While Ukraine is doing well with little, where there is even less Russian military defense, it is an extremely fragile incursion, with high likelihoods of complete annihilation. I do ponder whether Russia even cares. Ukraine can move up, but we've seen with Russia and their invasion, it is pretty easy to move forward, it is a lot harder to stay put and defend.
It's worse than that. While initially it was somewhat resembling an invasion, it is now devolved into ordinary ukrainian PR raid.
Bunch of ukrainian assholes drive around border settlements and take videos/pictures without any intent to stay.
Some pretending to be russian soldiers.
Even some hard-core pro-nazi-ukraine observers in the west wonder what was that all for?
Size of the initial force suggests something bigger than PR-stunt. And there are hints coming from Kiev Regime actors that goal was Nuclear Plant in Kurchatov. Well, aspiration, not a goal. Now it's winding down.
The question is, how did Russians miss it. And the answer - they did not. They saw everything but thought that ukro-regime was concentrating forces to repeal russian invasion which russians was not really planning but simply wanted ukro-regime to think that in order to make them keep their troops idle there.
But russians underestimated unpredictable stupidity of Kiev clowns.

Last edited:
Maybe Barbos means the Russian Federation has many languages.

Russian language, principal state and cultural language of Russia. Together with Ukrainian and Belarusian, the Russian language makes up the eastern branch of the Slavic family of languages. Russian is the primary language of the overwhelming majority of people in Russia and is also used as a second language in other former republics of the Soviet Union. Russian was also taught extensively in those countries lying within the Soviet sphere of influence, especially in eastern Europe, in the second half of the 20th century.

Together with Ukrainian and Belarusian, the Russian language makes up the eastern branch of the Slavic family of languages. Russian is the primary language of the overwhelming majority of people in Russia and is also used as a second language in other former republics of the Soviet Union.

For over a thousand years of recorded history, the places and peoples of the lands of today's Eastern Europe and Russia have excited curiosity and beckoned visitors. Key to these peoples and cultures are the Slavic languages: Russian, Ukrainian, and Belarusian to the east; Polish, Czech, and Slovak to the west; and Slovenian, Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian, Macedonian, and Bulgarian to the south. All of the Slavic languages are closely related to each other, but they are also related to the Romance and Germanic languages, including English, and to others in the Indo-European family. In spite of the linguistic similarities of the Slavic languages in culture, religion, history, and political tradition, these countries and peoples have followed different paths—paths that have frequently crossed in the creation and disintegration of empires in the constantly changing political landscape of Eastern Europe.

I know little about language, but Russian does not appearr to be a root language, certainlyy not of Ukrainian.

Kievan Rus',[a] also known as Kyivan Rus',[c][7][8] was the first East Slavic state and later an amalgam of principalities[9] in Eastern Europe from the late 9th to the mid-13th century.[10][11] Encompassing a variety of polities and peoples, including East Slavic, Norse,[12][13] and Finnic, it was ruled by the Rurik dynasty, founded by the Varangian prince Rurik.[14] The name was coined by Russian historians in the 19th century to describe the period when Kiev was at the center. At its greatest extent in the mid-11th century, Kievan Rus' stretched from the White Sea in the north to the Black Sea in the south and from the headwaters of the Vistula in the west to the Taman Peninsula in the east,[15][16] uniting the East Slavic tribes.[11]

According to the Primary Chronicle, the first ruler to unite East Slavic lands into what would become Kievan Rus' was Oleg the Wise (r. 879–912). He extended his control from Novgorod south along the Dnieper river valley to protect trade from Khazar incursions from the east,[11] and took control of the city. Sviatoslav I (r. 943–972) achieved the first major territorial expansion of the state, fighting a war of conquest against the Khazars. Vladimir the Great (r. 980–1015) spread Christianity with his own baptism and, by decree, extended it to all inhabitants of Kiev and beyond. Kievan Rus' reached its greatest extent under Yaroslav the Wise (r. 1019–1054); his sons assembled and issued its first written legal code, the Russkaya Pravda, shortly after his death.[2]

The state began to decline in the late 11th century, gradually disintegrating into various rival regional powers throughout the 12th century.[17] It was further weakened by external factors, such as the decline of the Byzantine Empire, its major economic partner, and the accompanying diminution of trade routes through its territory.[18] It finally fell to the Mongol invasion in the mid-13th century, though the Rurik dynasty would continue to rule until the death of Feodor I of Russia in 1598.[19] The modern nations of Belarus, Russia, and Ukraine all claim Kievan Rus' as their cultural ancestor,[d] with Belarus and Russia deriving their names from it, and the name Kievan Rus' derived from what is now the capital of Ukraine.[13][7]

View attachment 47142

The report:

How about this?
View attachment 47177
LOL, that's hilarious.
Since you are not asking I will answer without asking.
The picture you reposted is retarded:
1. Sign is in Ukrainian, (Russia does not use ukrainian in signs)
2. Sign was geolocated and is actually (and obviously) in Ukraine.
3. It originally said 104 km, '4' was photoshopped out. even margins suggest that something was removed.
4. "Nachtigal" is the name of WW2 ukro-nazi battalion which was used by german-nazi to exterminate jews/russians and poles.

So it's a 4x facepalm. Regime in Kiev are fucking clowns.
You seem to be right.

It's worse than that. While initially it was somewhat resembling an invasion, it is now devolved into ordinary ukrainian PR raid.
Bunch of ukrainian assholes drive around border settlements and take videos/pictures without any intent to stay.
Some pretending to be russian soldiers.
Even some hard-core pro-nazi-ukraine observers in the west wonder what was that all for?
Size of the initial force suggests something bigger than PR-stunt. And there are hints coming from Kiev Regime actors that goal was Nuclear Plant in Kurchatov. Well, aspiration, not a goal. Now it's winding down.
The question is, how did Russians miss it. And the answer - they did not. They saw everything but thought that ukro-regime was concentrating forces to repeal russian invasion which russians was not really planning but simply wanted ukro-regime to think that in order to make them keep their troops idle there.
It is likely a lot better described as Russia was likely surprised by the random effort and lacked the ability to actually counter it as brute force wasn't as much an option in Russian territory. Russia might not have cared too much as well, knowing the Ukraine would clearly be very limited to the breadth of such an incursion. However, there is a massive gas utility that could have been compromised had Ukraine really wanted to and you've got Europe and the US to thank for that remaining in one piece.

There are so many possible explanations for the Ukrainian effort. The best one might be to make Russia double think about access to crucial infrastructure not too far from the Ukrainian border. Regardless, it is a temporary small coup for Ukraine.
But russians underestimated unpredictable stupidity of Kiev clowns.
The Russians have underestimated the Ukrainians quite a bit, as well as underestimating the West's intent on not just allowing Putin to steamroll in. The number of posts in this thread really prove that. For as long as you've been complaining about history, you seem to to have forgotten that the major powers in Europe haven't liked one side pressing too hard, whether England, France, Prussia, or Russia.

Back
Top Bottom