• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

could you point into an instance where England militarily breached the border of Russia?
Gladly - Crimean War.
If you equate colonisation with invasion then certainly - referring to the chart
You are remarkably nuanced. Hitler just wanted establish some german colonies in France and Russia.

I could be wrong, I remember something about Russia and Napoleon.

There may have been a song composed about it by a Russian composer, but I can't be sure.

Is there a sarcasm emoji?

I see the unshakable logic of Barbos.

The old British Empire invaded construes so there is no problem with Russia destroying Ukraine.

Oh ,of course here it is the 1812 Overture. Maybe someday a Ukrainian composer write the Ukraine Overture

Ya gotta love those cannons at the end.

Putin's Waterloo.

In other news. Elensky cancelled his second Peace Summit. Apparently everyone refused to host it.
And Ramstein NATO summit was cancelled too. JaBiden is busy fighting meteorology and Blinken was asked by Kamala not to go cause that would hurt her campaign. So meeting was postponed.
Nobody wants to touch this trainwreck called Ukraine.

Oh, remember Nordstream sabotage? Apparently new piece of info was leaked and it's not good for JaBiden Regime in Washington, it points to to US Navy being responsible.
I can see JaBiden and his whole criminal gang ending up in UN or BRICS prison serving life.

Last edited:
Åland and the Crimean war

Here are a couple of stories that are true but may be amusing in some way.
During the Crimean War, the Anglo-French fleet visited King Oscar I of Sweden in Stockholm. They hoped that Sweden would join the war or at least would occupy Åland. However, Oscar I insisted on Sweden’s neutrality. As a gesture, he gave the visitors 300 Swedish-language Bibles, asking them to distribute them to the Swedish-speaking population of Finland.

When this large fleet arrived in Åland waters, the first thing they saw was a small outer island with a tiny cottage. The commander of the English fleet had himself rowed ashore. In the cottage, he found a woman with 11 children. Her husband was away on a fishing trip. The commander gave one of the Bibles to the woman and explained that they were coming in peace.
The woman handed the Bible to her eldest, a 14-year-old daughter, who shortly after began reading it aloud to the other children. The commander was greatly surprised, as poor children, not even in London usually couldn’t read. He did not know that in Finland, everyone was required to learn how to read; otherwise, the church would punish them. This was why literacy was very common in Finland. As teachers were often church servants, like a sexton, or someone else from the clergy.
Finland had always taken pride in its high literacy rate, its newspapers, and so on.

When the fleet finally arrived to Åland's main island, many locals gathered at the post office pier to welcome the visitors, waving and shouting cheerfully.
However, the postmaster protested and shouted, “You’re not allowed to come here; this is Russian Tsar's territory.”
The crowd threw the postmaster into the sea, and the soldiers who had rowed ashore understood that the Åland people were very friendly.
Of course, the Ålanders were friendly because they treated potential customers the way they should be treated.

Since Viking times, Ålanders had ensured a steady supply of fresh water, selling fish, bread, and beer to thirsty travellers. The tradition of trade was almost a thousand years old. So, when they saw this huge fleet, they were very excited. :)

1728551086908.png

Åland, the archipelago in South-Western Finland.

Last edited:
In other news. Elensky cancelled his second Peace Summit. Apparently everyone refused to host it.
And Ramstein NATO summit was cancelled too. JaBiden is busy fighting meteorology and Blinken was asked by Kamala not to go cause that would hurt her campaign. So meeting was postponed.

Oh, remember Nordstream sabotage? Apparently new piece of info was leaked and it's not good for JaBiden Regime in Washington, it points to to US Navy being responsible.
I can see JaBiden and his whole criminal gang ending up in UN or BRICS prison serving life.

Meanwhile, The Gargoyle of Moscow is hiding in one of his bunkers.

You always whine about the nordstream. Look it’s simple, if Utin wants to sell to Europe, stop invading Europeans! You can’t illegally invade a country without expecting fallout.

You always whine about the nordstream. Look it’s simple, if Utin wants to sell to Europe, stop invading Europeans! You can’t illegally invade a country without expecting fallout.
Here's another thing about Nordstream.

There were tons of people with both the technical capacity and financial motivation to sabotage that pipeline. From other gas suppliers to corporations that build the ships that transport it across the ocean. I can't help but suspect that the Russian invasion gave cover to the people who really wanted it trashed.
I'll bet there were 20+ global corporations whose individual stock price bumps would each more than pay for the operation.
Tom

There were tons of people with both the technical capacity and financial motivation to sabotage that pipeline. From other gas suppliers to corporations that build the ships that transport it across the ocean. I can't help but suspect that the Russian invasion gave cover to the people who really wanted it trashed.
I'll bet there were 20+ global corporations whose individual stock price bumps would each more than pay for the operation.
Tom
So often in conflict between nations there are justifiable grievances on both sides. Not here. This war and all the repercussions, economic and otherwise are the responsibility of one person. One. So it matters not who blew up that pipeline. It's Putin's fault. Everything is Putin's fault. He simply presented whomever with the opportunity. And Barbos can squeak from now until hell freezes over, he'll not sway a single person save for his neighbors swimming in the same fetid pool of propaganda.

In other news:
Viktor Orbán addresses the European Parliament and gets his ass handed to him.
or
Not a whole lot of space between these two renditions.

Åland and the Crimean war

Here are a couple of stories that are true but may be amusing in some way.
During the Crimean War, the Anglo-French fleet visited King Oscar I of Sweden in Stockholm. They hoped that Sweden would join the war or at least would occupy Åland. However, Oscar I insisted on Sweden’s neutrality. As a gesture, he gave the visitors 300 Swedish-language Bibles, asking them to distribute them to the Swedish-speaking population of Finland.
If I wanted to get to the Crimea from Portsmouth or the French Atlantic Coast by sea I would not go via Stockholm myself.

Sometimes I wonder why we need 3rd party approval (usually from the manufacturer, country of origin) to on sell old military equipment. If we brought it outright (just using the Aust. Abrams as an example) why do/should we need their elephant stamp to dispose of as we see fit?
This also reminds me of the dithering about whether Ukraine can use the ATACMS or Stormshadow missiles. If you won't let the Ukraine use them, for what ever purpose, then why sell it (or give it) To them in the first place?

During the Vietnam war the Aust. army was not not allowed to use the Carl Gustav anti tank weapons we had purchased because the Swedish govt. opposed the war. Why produce and sell weapons if you are going to prevent the users from using them?

Why produce and sell weapons if you are going to prevent the users from using them?
Because money.

If buyers won't accept your terms with regard to giving them permission to on-sell, or indeed with regards to using them against specific enemies, then they are welcome to develop and build their own equipment that they can use and/or sell as they see fit.

Buying Swedish guns to defend against invasion by the communists was likely cheaper than designing and manufacturing our own; It does lead to constraints, when it's us invading the commies, and not the other way around, though.

I don't always whine about the nordstream. There was simply a new development and I made a note of it.
US was against NordStream, long before illegal NATO war on Russia US started.

Last edited:
Yes, these people are US fracking and their regime in Washington.

Tom
So often in conflict between nations there are justifiable grievances on both sides. Not here. This war and all the repercussions, economic and otherwise are the responsibility of one person. One. So it matters not who blew up that pipeline. It's Putin's fault. Everything is Putin's fault. He simply presented whomever with the opportunity. And Barbos can squeak from now until hell freezes over, he'll not sway a single person save for his neighbors swimming in the same fetid pool of propaganda.

In other news:
or

EU does not have any means to kick out some country, but it can always stop paying Hungary.
I think that it is the same with NATO; it can not kick out but can stop all collaboration.

Tom
So often in conflict between nations there are justifiable grievances on both sides. Not here. This war and all the repercussions, economic and otherwise are the responsibility of one person. One. So it matters not who blew up that pipeline. It's Putin's fault. Everything is Putin's fault.
No, if you want one person then it must be BoJo. Putin went out of his way to prevent conflict.

He simply presented whomever with the opportunity. And Barbos can squeak from now until hell freezes over, he'll not sway a single person save for his neighbors swimming in the same fetid pool of propaganda.

In other news:
or
Ursula again?

Yes, these people are US fracking and their regime in Washington.
Why do you think it's only US people?

I'll agree, US interests were definitely some of the big players. Huge corporations that had a vested interest in sabotaging Nordstream. But that's not only US interests, much less the US government.
It was lots of people, and Putin just gave cover to anyone who got it done.
Tom

Back
Top Bottom