• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

You've been making a mantra out of the *insert reason Ukraine is about to fall*. It keeps changing and you keep obfuscating. The whole point of my post is to poke fun at your 'all going to plan' mentality. And all you can respond is that Ukraine hasn't defeated Russia, therefore Russia awesome.
Well, your own regimes are trying to shut this war down. Why would they do that if everything is going great for you and your regime in Kiev?
Who said anything is great for Ukraine? The only thing going in Ukraine's favor is that Ukraine still controls most of Ukraine after 2.5 years of Russian invasion?

In other news a classic baseball Word Series with Yankees versus Dodgers.

In the news Japanese are traveling to La to see their Japanese pitcher.

You see Barbos, Russia has been isolated since Putin took power.

One of our female basketball players went to Russia and was sent to prison for canabis oil used for pain.

She became a political pawn used for a swap.

A woman from the USA made a $50 donation to a Ukraine relief fund over here. When she went to Rosario to see relatives she was arrested for it.

Who wants to go to Russia? China is an adversary but there is a lot of tourism going both ways.

Russia to most is dark hole form which nothing comes out nut hate speech from your government.

Russia to most is dark hole form which nothing comes out nut hate speech from your government.
Don’t forget blithering hypocritical internet trolls polluting public fora with Putinista propaganda.
In fact I believe that is their main export, after oil. And the way things are going for them, it will probably be their #1 product in another year or so.

China is starting to build commercial jets and is planning missions to the Moon and Mars.
These jets are not even close to be competitive to western or russian ones. And they are 90% from western parts whereas russian MC21 is close to 100% russian and it is competitive to western ones.
So think about that for a moment.
A country with 140mil people is competitive (technology wise) with combined West ($1bil people) and mighty China (1.4 bil people) is not yet capable to compete.
Russian standrds?

Russian aviation has a long history of safety issues.

The same old Russian culture producing the same low quality products nobody wants.

The fact that Russia's new electric vehicle has lead acid batteries says it all about Russian technology.

Putin's oppressive controls dampens a free competitive spirit. A dull culture.

Our California alone matches Russian GDP.

And the Russian brain drain.

You've been making a mantra out of the *insert reason Ukraine is about to fall*. It keeps changing and you keep obfuscating. The whole point of my post is to poke fun at your 'all going to plan' mentality. And all you can respond is that Ukraine hasn't defeated Russia, therefore Russia awesome.
Well, your own regimes are trying to shut this war down. Why would they do that if everything is going great for you and your regime in Kiev?
Who said anything is great for Ukraine? The only thing going in Ukraine's favor is that Ukraine still controls most of Ukraine after 2.5 years of Russian invasion?
Exactly!
Except that what you just said is not really great.
Here are the situation:
1. Ukraine no longer has air-defense. It's gone.
2. Very little artillery and ammo for it.
4. Tanks have been pretty much useless for both sides. And Ukraine has mostly ran out of them anyway. Russia has huge number of them and have been using them lately in some places.
3. Ukraine has been out of willing men for a while now. This is a big one. Typical situation is when well trained nazi battalion takes some meaningless village from the russian forces then it gets replaced with 50 year old men kidnapped from the streets a week ago. Russians then have no troubles taking it back. Rinse and repeat.
4. Energy system can be turned off in short amount of time relatively easy. Russia is probably waiting for winter to do that. This is also a big one.

Russia has never been interested it taking territories at any cost in this war.
The goal has always been attrition. It's Ukro-Regime and MSM who are obsessed with holding and taking territories trying to embarass Putin. It's not working, Nobody feels embarrassed.

Russian aviation has a long history of safety issues.
Says who?
You have statistics?
The fact that Russia's new electric vehicle has lead acid batteries says it all about Russian technology.
What are you talking about?
You are talking nonsense.
Putin's oppressive controls dampens a free competitive spirit. A dull culture.
There is no competition in aerospace within Russia. It's just one company.
Our California alone matches Russian GDP.
That's patently false. Russian GDP is almost 2x of California's which by far the richest place anyway. Thanks to global IT companies.

You keep posting utter garbage.

The West has failed to isolate Russia. In fact, it is the West who is increasingly isolated.
Guterres did not go to Elensky "peace" Conference in Switzerland, but went to Kazan to meet Putin and the rest of BRICS.
Elensky and his gang are having hissy fit about it.

Elensky cancelled Guterres visit to Kiev. As I said - hissy fit.
And he also put Guterres on Ukraine's enemy list, essentially hit list.

Barbos

Private American companies are going into space. The result of free market competition. Boeing was in the completion but did not perform. That is competition, it leads to better outcomes in the long run.

All the good technology we have today is the result of free market completion.

Putin maintains the old Soviet anti western economics and anti west bias, and the result is a low performing economy.

I do not know what the west is becoming isolated from, can you elaborate? If you mean BRICS that is a joke. Culture between India and China flows back and forth with the USA culture.

Immigrant Chinese and Indian culture is part of American culture. Along with Japanese, South Korean,Latino, Philippine, Pacific Islanders and others. The word is melting pot.

Indian and Chinese immigrants are prominent in technology over here, they contribute.

Russia needs fresh blood and ideas. Russia is too inbred.

We are in the celebration and party time of the year. The World Series, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and finally the Super Bowl.

I just don;t know if I can take all this fun.

For Russia the war, deaths, and casualties continue. So what do you Russians do for fun and relaxation?

Another stream of consciousness post from steve_bank.
Do you ever get tired?
Putin's pet lap dog poodle barks! Arf Arf it says. I speak for the mighty Russia and Putin. Arf Arf!!.

And the 'special militray operation' that was supposed to take weeks goes on and Russian deaths and casualties continue all for the vanity of Putin.

I know when Barbos is no longer able to counter our posts, he starts calling everybody assholes.

I remember the pictures of the Russian retreat and rout from Kiev. Weapons and tanks abandoned as soldiers fled. It is reported Putin is using Cuban ad other mercenaries. Putin is desperate to end the war. He knows if Russians are forced out of Ukraine his tine as dictator is over.

Numbers of men left the country to avoid conscription.

So Barbos, I'll be watching the World Series tonight. What do you Russians do for entertainment, rest, and recreation over there? You got any national sports leagues? How do you deal with a drab dreary Russian life?

Who are the popular Russian authors? Movies? TV? Any good crime drmas?
India has Bollywood, its Hollywood. I've seen some of the Bollywood movies.

Chinese movies have been popular over here. Jet Li and Jackie Chan. Bruce Lee is iconc over here.

So how are we becomming isolated while Russia is not?

I can go down to the Seattle waterfront and see gobal cruise ships docked visiting Seattle in season. Who vists Russia? Seeing as Miscow has been hit by dones I doubt tourism is up in Moscow.

Again who is isolted, not the USA or the EU.

Last edited:
What do you Russians do for entertainment
I watch NFL, Mythbusters, Doctor Who, StarTrek, stuff like that.
You got any national sports leagues?
KHL is a second (after NHL) hockey league, lots of americans play there. But I prefer NFL.
I remember the pictures of the Russian retreat and rout from Kiev. Weapons and tanks abandoned as soldiers fled
I remember the pictures of the american retreat from Afghanistan and Vietnam.
And we have not retreated from Ukraine yet.

Last edited:
Chinese movies have been popular over here. Jet Li and Jackie Chan. Bruce Lee is iconc over here.

You do realize that we can watch these movies in Russia too?
You are isolated becasue nobody besides the usual suspects attends your stupid "let's isolate Russia" conferences.
Even MSM can't ignore it anymore and publicly asks "How is Russia isolated?" https://edition.cnn.com/2024/10/21/europe/putin-russia-iran-china-brics-hnk-intl/index.html

Last edited:
The fact remains Russians were on the outskirts of Kiev and ran away in a rout. The push from the border to Kiev was a militray disaster.

Here we are years later and Russian casualties continue all for the pettiness of Putin.

Putin's 'special militray operation' has been an utter failure. A bit more difficult than taking a defenseless Crimea.

The result, endless pushing by Putin of conspiracy theories and nonexistent threats by NATO.

After Stalin died Russia de-Stalinized the country. Maybe the same when Putin is gone.

The fact remains Russians were on the outskirts of Kiev and ran away in a rout.
No, that's not what happened.
Here we are years later and Russian casualties continue all for the pettiness of Putin.
No, that's not what's actually happening.

Putin's 'special militray operation' has been an utter failure. A bit more difficult than taking a defenseless Crimea.
Complete and utter BS. Special Military Operation is a success.
The result, endless pushing by Putin of conspiracy theories and nonexistent threats by NATO.
Complete and utter BS, as usual for you.

You do realize that we can watch these movies in Russia too?
You are isolated becasue nobody besides the usual suspects attends your stupid "let's isolate Russia" conferences.
Even MSM can't ignore it anymore and publicly asks "How is Russia isolated?" https://edition.cnn.com/2024/10/21/europe/putin-russia-iran-china-brics-hnk-intl/index.html
The point is nothing comes out of Russia. It is an isolated culture and Putin wants to keep it that way, an one culture is a threat to his control.

You see Chinese movies, do you see global news?

Do Russians opposing Putin and the war have a voice without fear?

That you get Chinese movies does not mean you are not isolated.

Russia is a popular tourist destination with a rich culture, natural wonders, and many UNESCO World Heritage Sites. However, tourism in Russia has been impacted by the armed conflict with Ukraine and the risk of terrorism. In 2022, only 200,100 foreigners visited Russia, a 96.1% drop from pre-pandemic levels.

The U.S. outbound tourism market was valued at US $101,697 million in 2022. Revenue in the Travel & Tourism market is projected to reach $190.40 billion in 2023. Inbound visitors spent $12.6 billion on travel to, and tourism-related activities in the U.S. - up 105% compared to May 2021.

In 2023, 37.8 million visitors came to Seattle and King County, including 2.9 million international travelers:

Who wants to go to Russia when you can be arrested for anything if the government wantss to.

The fact remains Russians were on the outskirts of Kiev and ran away in a rout.
No, that's not what happened.
No, that's not what's actually happening.

Complete and utter BS. Special Military Operation is a success.
Complete and utter BS, as usual for you.
You are obviously unable to respond with any substance.

The point is nothing comes out of Russia. It is an isolated culture and Putin wants to keep it that way, an one culture is a threat to his control.
That's ridiculous thing to say. Better half of the NHL comes from Russia.

That you get Chinese movies does not mean you are not isolated.
If it does not mean anything, then why have you brought this up?
I can go to russian video platform and watch pretty much any american TV series, in russian unfortunately but I can.

For Jackie Chan fans out there:

Back
Top Bottom