• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

Russia is a popular tourist destination with a rich culture, natural wonders, and many UNESCO World Heritage Sites. However, tourism in Russia has been impacted by the armed conflict with Ukraine and the risk of terrorism. In 2022, only 200,100 foreigners visited Russia, a 96.1% drop from pre-pandemic levels.
Foreigners? Probably just folks that came back to get the rest of their stuff. A lot of them left in a bit of a hurry as I recall.

Chinese movies have been popular over here. Jet Li and Jackie Chan. Bruce Lee is iconc over here.

So how are we becomming isolated while Russia is not?
You do realize that we can watch these movies in Russia too?
I remember watching Silence of the Lambs in the Philippines. Someone walked in front of the camera.

Who wants to go to Russia when you can be arrested for anything if the government wantss to.
Well, imbeciles who believe that certainly don't go to Russia.

Here's something that I agree with you on! Anyone who travels to Russia either for business, pleasure or whatever is an absolute idiot. I don't think that we should do any more swaps in order to free someone with such incredibly bad judgement. Travel to Russia at your own risk...

What do you Russians do for entertainment
I watch NFL, Mythbusters, Doctor Who, StarTrek, stuff like that.
You got any national sports leagues?
KHL is a second (after NHL) hockey league, lots of americans play there. But I prefer NFL.
I remember the pictures of the Russian retreat and rout from Kiev. Weapons and tanks abandoned as soldiers fled
I remember the pictures of the american retreat from Afghanistan and Vietnam.
And we have not retreated from Ukraine yet.

We retreated from Vietnam and Afghanistan after we realized that occupying these countries were a sunk cost to us (dramatic understatement). We are stronger today for leaving those countries. Our trade and relationships are far better with Vietnam. And Afghan is the hell hole that we shouldn't be in anyway. Russia will realize someday that the sooner they give up imperialism, the stronger they will get also.

Never did like Jackie Chan, goofy Chinese slap stick.

Dr Who dose not hold up.

Yea, NFL. Call me old fashioned, big guys butting heads is a real sport.

Who wants to go to Russia when you can be arrested for anything if the government wantss to.
Well, imbeciles who believe that certainly don't go to Russia.

Here's something that I agree with you on! Anyone who travels to Russia either for business, pleasure or whatever is an absolute idiot. I don't think that we should do any more swaps in order to free someone with such incredibly bad judgement. Travel to Russia at your own risk...
So you agreed that only imbeciles believe crap steve_bank is spewing here. OK.

We retreated from Vietnam and Afghanistan after we realized that occupying these countries were a sunk cost to us
OK, why did you and your death squads retreated from Nicaragua and Salvador?
You will retreat from Ukraine too. And you've retreated from Georgia already.

Last edited:
People are fighting back Elensky regime goons in Odessa

Why is it that the usual suspect never comment on negative (for them) information?
People of Odessa (a russian city which ended up in "Ukraine" by mistake) is putting resistance to Elensky gangs kidnapping men into military?

We retreated from Vietnam and Afghanistan after we realized that occupying these countries were a sunk cost to us
There are no US troops or NATO in Ukraine.

Barbos has a point. In that the US has behaved horribly around the world for a long time. One major point is our invasion of Iraq. Pretending that it was about rescuing Iraqis from tyranny. What a load of shit.

But that bad behavior doesn't justify Russian bad behavior going on right now.

And here's another big difference. Like many people, I was out in the streets demonstrating against the invasion. My friends and I organized a "write your congressman" campaign. I never see news about Russians feeling safe and free to oppose Putin's government in public.
Tom

What does old American foreign policy have to do with the Russian failure in Ukraine?

."Today, I'm pleased to announce that we've approved Georgia for the risk-assessed payment schedule so Georgia will be able to request and acquire vital military capabilities more easily," said Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III, who hosted a visit by Georgian Defense Minister Juansher Burchuladze at the Pentagon today.

The United States remains steadfast in support of Georgia's sovereignty and territorial integrity within its internationally recognized borders.Aug 8, 2024

Russia would have been far better off today if Putin had decided to work with neighboring states instead of trying to control like the Soviets did.

We have trade agreements with Canada and Mexico. The EU. Disputes are settled in courts.

Putin is pissing in the wind.

I never see news about Russians feeling safe and free to oppose Putin's government in public.

But you do see plenty of news about people who do oppose Putin. They fall out windows, their planes blow up, they ingest polonium, they get their skin exposed to novachic… lotsa news.

Barbs sounds like an old Soviet communist retired on a pension. Living in fantasy of past and present Russian glory.

Why is it that the usual suspect never comment on negative (for them) information?
People of Odessa (a russian city which ended up in "Ukraine" by mistake) is putting resistance to Elensky gangs kidnapping men into military?

None of us speak or read Russian cyrillic or Ukrainian. Duh. They could be protesting their team losing in the finals for all we know.

Maybe now, cause you've run out ot shit which requires US troops.
But I still think there are some. But that's not really the point and you know that.

None of us speak or read Russian cyrillic or Ukrainian. Duh. They could be protesting their team losing in the finals for all we know.

How fucking convenient.
And you don't seem to have problems translating broken ukrainian of Kiev Clown.
Here, courtesy of google translate:
A riot against military commissars has begun in Odessa at the 7th kilometer market, local publics report.

They write that the TCC workers detained many men.

Odessa residents demand that they be released. The market workers, as reported by Telegram channels, were able to drive the military commissars out of the territory.

You have no more excuse

How fucking convenient.
And you don't seem to have problems translating broken ukrainian of Kiev Clown.
Here, courtesy of google translate:
A riot against military commissars has begun in Odessa at the 7th kilometer market, local publics report.

They write that the TCC workers detained many men.

Odessa residents demand that they be released. The market workers, as reported by Telegram channels, were able to drive the military commissars out of the territory.

You have no more excuse

Excuse for what?

Over two yeras now and the war still hoes on, a massive failure for Putin.

You keep posting tings to prove what? I call it the Barbos stream of flatulence.

There was no justification to take Crimea and invade Ukraine in violation of the agreement to ensure Ukrainian sovereignty.

The only hope Putin has is for Trump to get elected.

Back
Top Bottom