• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

The Russians have contributed little to modern technology.
That's why they have to be destroyed, right?
It is Putin's and Russia's inferiority complex back to the revolution that is bringing Russia down. The more Putin maintains the old Soviet anti west posture the more Russia will be isolated.

As long as Russia stays within its border none cares what goes on in Russia. No ne wnats Russia decoyed. It is Russia destroying Ukraine.

In the BBC news Russia mounted a massive campaign fraud to try to keep Moldova from going with the EU. Make working with Russia attractive to work with and get rid of the intimidation and maybe Moldova would have worked with Russia.

Russia's aggression in Ukraine forced neutral states to join NATO. It is a self fulfilling prop[hesy for Putin.

When Finland declared intent to join NATO Putin made military threats and warned them not to do it. Putin said there would be consequences.

The consequences
Land borders: As of April 15, 2024, all land border crossing points between Finland and Russia are closed.
Maritime traffic: As of April 15, 2024, leisure boating is prohibited at the port of Nuijamaa, Santio, and Haapasaari.
Air travel: There is no air travel between Finland and Russia.
Ferries: There are no ferries operating from Russia to Finland.
Visas: Finland stopped issuing new tourist visas to Russians in 2023. New visas can only be issued for certain categories of travelers, such as people with family in Finland or people who currently reside or work in Finland.
Vehicles: As of September 16, 2023, Finland banned vehicles with Russian license plates from entering their territory.

Putyin is drgging Russia down.

Putin continues to live in your head rent free.
Look, it's really simple.
Putin, the guy who lives in your head rent free, presided over unprecedented in modern russian history economic recovery.
Whether it was accidental or he should be credited for it does not matter. Bunch of guys in the last 50 years have tried and failed, he is the first one who did not fail. If you were in this situation you would behave the same way as russians.
Your asshole rulers understand that, that's why they said to themselves that has to stop and Russia should go back to shitty place it was in the 90s. hence all this shit your immoral scum governments does. They want the rest of the world to be shitty.

I don't even like the guy, he often annoys me with his micromanaging everything and remembering all the numbers and facts.
Bill Clinton was annoying in that way too.
But I can't deny that he scores significantly better than anyone before him. At least in my lifetime.

Nobody in Russia would buy the shit you are spewing here. Do you understand that? The shit your regurgitate and spew here is not meant for consumption by russians. It's meant for americans.

Last edited:
Do we have evidence that you ever actually implemented the PAL system we provided? (Yes, it's a US system, we gave it to you to reduce the chance of a rogue nuke.)
Yes, we are stupid orcs incapable of doing anything without your help.
The incompetence we know about is major. Tons and tons of plutonium just sitting in warehouses?? And what about the K-129? We still don't know the details but it was carrying nuclear missiles and it sank nowhere near it's patrol location. And one of the bombs appears to have had a non-nuclear detonation not in it's tube. Something went seriously wrong. It certainly looks like someone was messing with one of the warheads and the detonator blew.

Or you lost much of the Pacific fleet high command because everybody insisted on bringing extra stuff on the plane. The pilots weren't in a position to say no. They tried to baby it into the sky but stuff that wasn't secured adequately came loose at rotation.

Do we have evidence that you ever actually implemented the PAL system we provided? (Yes, it's a US system, we gave it to you to reduce the chance of a rogue nuke.)
Yes, we are stupid orcs incapable of doing anything without your help.
The incompetence we know about is major. Tons and tons of plutonium just sitting in warehouses?? And what about the K-129? We still don't know the details but it was carrying nuclear missiles and it sank nowhere near it's patrol location. And one of the bombs appears to have had a non-nuclear detonation not in it's tube. Something went seriously wrong. It certainly looks like someone was messing with one of the warheads and the detonator blew.

Or you lost much of the Pacific fleet high command because everybody insisted on bringing extra stuff on the plane. The pilots weren't in a position to say no. They tried to baby it into the sky but stuff that wasn't secured adequately came loose at rotation.
Yeah, and remember that dude in California on helium balloons? That was incompetent.

Remember that drone that went nuts and you shot it down? That's a stealth shape--with completely non-stealthy construction techniques. Aping.
Bullshit, you are talking nonsense. Especially considering the whole damn concept of radar stealth was stolen from ..... USSR.
I think the Russian paper was published, but Russia did not have the computer capacity and expertise to make it work.

The Russian paper was the basis for our first stealth plane. That is public knowledge. There was a documentary on it.
I wouldn't be surprised. The F-117 was so angular and boxy because we didn't have the computer power to do better.

As to stealing, or aping, technology the Russian space shuttle. I don;t think it actually flew, but basically a copy of our space shuttle.
I thought it flew once unmanned. I might be wrong, though.

The Soviets had good theoretical math and science, but no capacity to make thingss work.
Yup. Anything that's the product of academic thinking they're fine at. Nothing else, though.

I think the Russian paper was published, but Russia did not have the computer capacity and expertise to make it work.
Bullshit, they were simply not interested for some reasons, that's all.
And in the end of the day, stealth is not really that great. It's not a problem for countries with integrated air defence.

It was a waste of money.
At the time given it wasn't of more than theoretical interest as nobody could actually simulate it.

And integrated air defense only helps. Even if you know the plane's out there modern stealth makes it very hard for the radar missile seekers. Our stealth aircraft are pretty darn hard to hit with a radar guided air to air missile because the seeker can't see them. That means they have vastly more range than you do--they'll use their radar guided missiles without ever entering your envelope. And they can come in with extra missiles on external pylons and disappear once those missiles are away.

At the time given it wasn't of more than theoretical interest as nobody could actually simulate it.
That's no excuse to let it be published.
And integrated air defense only helps.
US will never dare to send their $2bil planes to any country with half-decent air defence, I am not even talking about integrated one.
makes it very hard for the radar missile seekers.
That's not how integrated air defence works.

Back
Top Bottom