• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

Well, we just don't know yet. It does sound to me like infighting.
keep rationalizing the fact that you support terrorists.
I don't like to see anyone killed. But very hard to cry any tears over Darya Dugina. She is just as bad as her father. She advocates for the killing of Ukrainians. She wanted a final solution for Ukraine. She and her father are imperialist fascists.

I don't like to see anyone killed. But very hard to cry any tears over Darya Dugina. She is just as bad as her father. She advocates for the killing of Ukrainians. She wanted a final solution for Ukraine. She and her father are imperialist fascists.
You have proof of that?

It's so unfair that Russian civilians go to foreign countries for vacation; while Ukrainian civilians go to foreign countries to survive.
Sure, and the fact that Eastern Ukraine ukrainians (!!!) have not had any opportunity to travel anywhere except Russia for 8 years does not bother you.

You have proof of that?
No I don't. The media is reporting that she was a very strong advocate for the Russian invasion. But I haven't seen any direct quotes by her yet. Clearly the father was a bad dude. His statements can be found in the internet. And he is directly responsible for pushing Putin's invasion. I can see many Russians wanting him dead for the problems caused by the war.

It's so unfair that Russian civilians go to foreign countries for vacation; while Ukrainian civilians go to foreign countries to survive.
Sure, and the fact that Eastern Ukraine ukrainians (!!!) have not had any opportunity to travel anywhere except Russia for 8 years does not bother you.
You have proof of that?

You have proof of that?
Proof of what? that DNR/LNR were not recognized by EU, hence were not able to travel there, unless they get russian passport of course :)
You really need to educate yourself in matters.

You have proof of that?
Proof of what? that DNR/LNR were not recognized by EU, hence were not able to travel there, unless they get russian passport of course :)
So your "proof" is a bald assertion. Got it

I un-ignored Barbos temporarily to see what propaganda was sent out this morning. Nothing unexpected. "Ukraine is really Russia" and "they're Nazis." Gotta suck to see the country you've done so much to promote getting their asses so thoroughly kicked by Ukrainian patriots.

The area that Russia has conquered so far is most of 18th-cy. Novorossiya, "New Russia", where lots of Russian colonists were invited in. The rest of Ukraine was formerly part of the Kievan Rus and the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth.
Kievan Rus is technically Russia. Ukrainian nazi have persistent linguistic butthurt about that.
So I agree, Russia should take back what was and IS Russia and leave nazi scam to Poland. In the end there will be no independent Ukraine left. There will be historical area called Ukraine which, in case you did not know, literally means "Outskirts" (of Russian Empire)
I thought this thing was over months ago. And now Crimea is getting attacked?

Also if Ukraine = Nazis and Ukraine = Russia...

The idea of a Ukrainian hit squad sent to Moscow to target Dugin is absurd.
Why? they have been doing that lately and the last 8 years (in Donbas) really.
If you say so.

If Russia's internal security police are on the same par as the Russian Army, it would be possible, but still not probable. Why would Ukraine waste resources on a low value target, so far away, when they have better targets within arms reach?

A more likely scenario is a group of anti-war Russians have come together to fight Putin and Dugan was the softest target close to Putin.

The area that Russia has conquered so far is most of 18th-cy. Novorossiya, "New Russia", where lots of Russian colonists were invited in. The rest of Ukraine was formerly part of the Kievan Rus and the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth.
Kievan Rus is technically Russia. Ukrainian nazi have persistent linguistic butthurt about that.
So I agree, Russia should take back what was and IS Russia and leave nazi scam to Poland. In the end there will be no independent Ukraine left. There will be historical area called Ukraine which, in case you did not know, literally means "Outskirts" (of Russian Empire)
I thought this thing was over months ago. And now Crimea is getting attacked?

Also if Ukraine = Nazis and Ukraine = Russia...
...then Nazi = Poland.

Russian logic.

But regardless, very hard to feel sorry for her. Karma's a bitch
I don't know much about the guy and nothing about her except what I learned today.
She was merely working for her dad who was an intended target.

Barbos may not know much about Dugin, but he is the so-called ultranationalist "architect" of the Ukraine war. His influence on Putin's thinking is so strong that he has also been called "Putin's brain", "Putin's Rasputin", and "the Putin Whisperer" by western critics. Many of the talking points about Russia and Ukraine that barbos parrots here come from the rhetoric of this man. He also speaks excellent English and has been interviewed in western sources for years now. Like any Putin crony, Dugin is a very rich man. He and his daughter have come under US sanctions for their role in supporting the invasion of Ukraine. Dugina herself has been a leading propagandist for the lie that the Bucha atrocities were a fabrication of Western propaganda. I would not be surprised to learn that she and her father were targeted by terrorists in Russia, although those terrorists might belong to any extreme political faction that opposes what Putin is doing to Russia as well as Ukraine.

Here is a 5-minute Youtube video of a 60 Minute report on the man and his role in Russian politics:

When Russia occupied Poland, they also said that Polish is just a dialect of Russian, that Poland isn't a real country, and all the same things that Russian propaganda is now saying about Ukraine.

Different century, same old bulshit. If anything, it's Russia that's a fictional country that should be split to 5 or 10 different nations.

But regardless, very hard to feel sorry for her. Karma's a bitch
I don't know much about the guy and nothing about her except what I learned today.
She was merely working for her dad who was an intended target.
Dugin was a fascist and imperialist asshole. While I don't condone assassinations, her daughter was working for him and spewing the same propaganda, so I'm not too sad about her. Besides, Dugin himself thought that to make Russia great, it doesn't matter how much blood is spilled or how many people are murdered, so his daughter ending up dead is perfectly in line with his philosophy.

You have proof of that?
The fake "people's republics" were not the same as Eastern Ukraine. They were only a small part.

And in any case, the reason why they were stuck was Russian invasion. People from Kharkiv or Severodonetsk had exactly the same opportunities to travel to EU as everyone else in Ukraine.

Back
Top Bottom