• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

I Can't Wait

You wouldn't. If I understand you correctly.

Yes, I believe you understand my point about revelation experiences.

My question to you was that if you died, and were resurrected, and had a period of 1,000 years to be informed on the creation of the universe, Earth, life by a creator that was contrary to the one you believed prior to that resurrection would you believe it. I'm not talking about a vision, or dream, or religious belief or scientific speculation, I'm talking about an account of creation from the creator.

Why should I consider this even as a remote possibility? (scripture? see my photo)

I'm talking about an account of creation from the creator.

Why does God have to describe it to dead people or via code in an old book?

If, during your bizarre version of "Judgment Day", God’s account of the earth is different than how the earth works, then I would conclude he’s full of shit. An authority figure telling me “How I Did It” isn’t as impressive as looking to the earth itself.
Unless they are reallllly good at setting the hooks for the story, the story is interactive, your experiences make you care about the story, and the beings within it, and how things unfold.

Why does God have to describe it to dead people or via code in an old book?

If, during your bizarre version of "Judgment Day", God’s account of the earth is different than how the earth works, then I would conclude he’s full of shit. An authority figure telling me “How I Did It” isn’t as impressive as looking to the earth itself.
Unless they are reallllly good at setting the hooks for the story, the story is interactive, your experiences make you care about the story, and the beings within it, and how things unfold.
So we're expecting Judgement day to be like a Bioware videogame?

So we're expecting Judgement day to be like a Bioware videogame?
... Bethesda Softworks, for more reasons than one.

What happens to all these kings after a thousand years? I assume that they're immortal, so do they just step down and do the talk show circuit or can they hang onto power if they want?

It would really suck if they had a kid five years into their reign who was looking forward to taking over but he had to sit on his ass for almost a millenia before getting his turn. That's just inviting problems.

Kharakov said:

Excellent! That means we can mod Judgement day for bigger tits and more revealing outfits.

Kharakov said:

Excellent! That means we can mod Judgement day for bigger tits and more revealing outfits.

What they need are the Predator and Jason DLCs that they have for Mortal Kombat X. If you're going to get chased around the city by rampaging demons, they may as well be cool demons.

What they need are the Predator and Jason DLCs that they have for Mortal Kombat X. If you're going to get chased around the city by rampaging demons, they may as well be cool demons.
Why not Jerry Sandusky and Michael Jackson for under 13, and Bill Cosby for 13+?

Since, as an atheist, having carefully studied the Bible and becoming a firm believer in it I have often entertained the scenario in which, upon Judgment Day or thereabout, when I get the formidable opportunity to witness the science minded atheists being informed of the obvious metaphysical fabrication that is the so called theory of Evolution and the joy of seeing the creation of the universe, life and everything explained to them by the representatives of he who created it all!

Amen, I will say. For they knew not that they were misinformed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_of_support_for_evolution

Around 99.85% of biologists (the relevant field) agree with evolution. (Also, around 97% of all scientists, not that non-biologists even matter on this topic.)

Evolution has been the consensus opinion of biology for a century and a half now.

That's an overwhelming consensus, and it's been a consensus for a really long time. Thus, in order to have such a low opinion of 150 years worth of biologists, you must believe that you are the greatest expert in biology to live in a century and a half.

As if that wasn't enough, you are using a computing device to communicate an anti-science argument over the Internet.

So, may I ask how you came to be the greatest expert in biology to live in 150 years? How did you manage to achieve such incredible expertise in science? Most of those stupid biologists spent years of intense study, then spent their whole careers studying the evidence in incredible detail, and yet you obviously know so much more about biology than they do, so I really want to know how you did it.

It truly is an honor to communicate with one of the greatest geniuses of this or any other generation. Thank you for lowering yourself to speak with me.

You know, I thought the buybull was supposed to be the explanation offered by "the representatives of he who created it all." It pretty much summarizes the entire process. The universe was created in 6 days. The earth was created 3 days before the sun and experienced 3 evenings and mornings in spite of the fact that there was no sun. Oh and it also had plants flourishing on it before the sun existed. And liquid water too. Fascinating. Oh, and while it took 6 days to create the earth it only took a few moments on the afternoon of the 4th day to create all the billions of galaxies, stars, planets, asteroids, comets, nebulae, etc., that inhabit the rest of the universe. There used to be magical fruit trees that made people live forever and gave them knowledge they didn't already have. But a talking snake ruined it for everyone by convincing a woman to do something god told her not to do. Even though the first man and woman lacked the ability to understand the difference between good (obeying god) and evil (disobeying god), god punished them and everyone to follow for their disobedience. Because of this it was necessary for him to create such things as the guinea worm, Harlequin-type ichthyosis, smallpox, bubonic plague and leprosy. And carnivores. And parasites.

I can't wait till DLH gets to Heaven, (Now the Peoples' Republic of Heaven) and finds out that it's nothing like the place described in the buybull.

Eldarion Lathria

You know, I thought the buybull was supposed to be the explanation offered by "the representatives of he who created it all." It pretty much summarizes the entire process. The universe was created in 6 days. The earth was created 3 days before the sun and experienced 3 evenings and mornings in spite of the fact that there was no sun. Oh and it also had plants flourishing on it before the sun existed. And liquid water too. Fascinating. Oh, and while it took 6 days to create the earth it only took a few moments on the afternoon of the 4th day to create all the billions of galaxies, stars, planets, asteroids, comets, nebulae, etc., that inhabit the rest of the universe. There used to be magical fruit trees that made people live forever and gave them knowledge they didn't already have. But a talking snake ruined it for everyone by convincing a woman to do something god told her not to do. Even though the first man and woman lacked the ability to understand the difference between good (obeying god) and evil (disobeying god), god punished them and everyone to follow for their disobedience. Because of this it was necessary for him to create such things as the guinea worm, Harlequin-type ichthyosis, smallpox, bubonic plague and leprosy. And carnivores. And parasites.

Of course it took an all-powerful being days to create the Earth and everything in it. Haven't you noticed how incredibly huge the Earth is?

Of course it only took an afternoon to create billions of galaxies each with billions of stars. After all, they're just points of light in the sky. How much time can it possibly take to create a bunch of points of light in the sky?

Since, as an atheist, having carefully studied the Bible and becoming a firm believer in it I have often entertained the scenario in which, upon Judgment Day or thereabout, when I get the formidable opportunity to witness the science minded atheists being informed of the obvious metaphysical fabrication that is the so called theory of Evolution and the joy of seeing the creation of the universe, life and everything explained to them by the representatives of he who created it all!

Preaching is against forum rules here. If you have something of substance to say, then say it.

As for your inability to wait... feel free to waste your own life waiting for it to end. "Us Atheists" have more righteous things to do with our limited existence... like discover the true depth of the wonders of this mysterious universe.

Unless you're wrong about the scenario you're entertaining. In which case, you will have no such opportunity to witness anything. You'll just be dead like everyone before you and the rest of us will also eventually be.

Also, it's not the "so-called" Theory of Evolution. Just drop that part in quotes. Evolution by natural selection is a scientific theory, which means it's much more than conjecture or hypothesis. There's a wealth of evidence supporting it, and in fact, even the Pope accepts it, as do millions of Christians. Please don't discount that which you do not understand.

"him"? Really?-->and how big is his penis? and is that "know him" in the King James Biblical sense?

You dont expect atheists to be afraid of some Imaginary spook do you? LO?L
Btw
I would wager you were never a True atheist

Back
Top Bottom