• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Images that make you laugh

View attachment 2474
One of the class-rooms of the church my kid's scout troop met in had a switch much like this. I asked aloud if the Sunday School teacher encouraged the students to be the first one to Turn Jesus On.
The next Scout Nite, it was an unadorned, brushed-brass plate...

And i was no longer the merit badge coordinator. Odd coincidence, that.

Gloryholeshelter.jpg

It's an actual place called Glory Hole, and I imagine it was called that before the phrase became a slang term.
It's hard to be sure, though.
I remember a big stink when some fussbudgets near what they called 'Cat Mountain,' found out the official name was 'Cathouse Mountain,' because when the railroad came thru, someone built a whorehouse on the mountain. The city council was divided between the 'that's immoral!' faction, the 'that's HISTORY!' faction and the 'Please, can we spend SOME time on the pothole situation, assholes?' faction.

It's an actual place called Glory Hole, and I imagine it was called that before the phrase became a slang term.
It's hard to be sure, though.
I remember a big stink when some fussbudgets near what they called 'Cat Mountain,' found out the official name was 'Cathouse Mountain,' because when the railroad came thru, someone built a whorehouse on the mountain. The city council was divided between the 'that's immoral!' faction, the 'that's HISTORY!' faction and the 'Please, can we spend SOME time on the pothole situation, assholes?' faction.
Cat Mountain is a pretty cool name in and of itself

Har har, them feminazis shore is dumb!
Dumb?
I was just thinking how much i support a woman's right to show me her boobies as part of a political statement.... More power to the bra burners!

Yeah, I never really understood the relevance of women taking off their tops as form of protest. "Stop the Iraq war! Here's my naked boobies just to show you how serious we are about this!! If you ignore us, we will be forced to show even more boobies!!" Not that I'm complaining or anything.

Yeah, I never really understood the relevance of women taking off their tops as form of protest.
Hey! Stop questioning that very relevant, very convincing form of protest. If you question it, THEY might question it. Then who knows what the consequences might be!

Dumb?
I was just thinking how much i support a woman's right to show me her boobies as part of a political statement.... More power to the bra burners!

Yeah, I never really understood the relevance of women taking off their tops as form of protest. "Stop the Iraq war! Here's my naked boobies just to show you how serious we are about this!! If you ignore us, we will be forced to show even more boobies!!" Not that I'm complaining or anything.

Is it possible that it relates back to times when to strip the top off of a woman was a sign that she had gone against the establishment and that she would be 'bared to the world' for all to see her shame?

Back
Top Bottom