• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Images that make you laugh

How times have changed!

72-7236-OFUN100Z.jpg

55a09840-e132-11e4-85e5-75c11f8bd610_RTR4WYQV.jpg

I began to read the DUCKVICE, and found myself in memory of a hunting adventure. Jim and I had some weed. It was too damn hot to duck hunt, so we stripped off our gear and were down to street clothes and guns. We waited a short or long time and then started walking to the nearby creek. And then an explosion of ducks took off from the creek when we were about ten yards away. On a normal day four to six ducks would have been in the bag. Instead we watched in wonder. "Why didn't you shoot?" asked Jim. "Same reason you didn't, I expect. The sound of the ducks was enough. The sound of a shotgun? Too much."

Hopefully someday we see some scientific evidence of this: A woman who tests out as being the only parent of their daughter. It's never been observed in humans but the estimate is 1 in a billion pregnancies should happen this way. (Note: Non-barrier contraceptives would work equally against such pregnancies. Therefore, if we see one it's likely going to be a lesbian.)

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully someday we see some scientific evidence of this: A woman who tests out as being the only parent of their daughter. It's never been observed in humans but the estimate is 1 in a billion pregnancies should happen this way. (Note: Non-barrier contraceptives would work equally against such pregnancies. Therefore, if we see one it's likely going to be a lesbian.)
Umm...are you being silly?

Sure, it should happen; and sure, there are so many people that it should already have happened half a dozen or so times. But in almost every case, the child would be female. The probability of a boy conceived this way is about one in 1020 or so.

Back
Top Bottom