• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Images that make you laugh

t8jhq6bzqmjamgo4yzje.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully someday we see some scientific evidence of this: A woman who tests out as being the only parent of their daughter. It's never been observed in humans but the estimate is 1 in a billion pregnancies should happen this way. (Note: Non-barrier contraceptives would work equally against such pregnancies. Therefore, if we see one it's likely going to be a lesbian.)
Umm...are you being silly?

No. I'm not talking about a divine pregnancy, but rather a pregnancy with no sex involved.

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully someday we see some scientific evidence of this: A woman who tests out as being the only parent of their daughter. It's never been observed in humans but the estimate is 1 in a billion pregnancies should happen this way. (Note: Non-barrier contraceptives would work equally against such pregnancies. Therefore, if we see one it's likely going to be a lesbian.)

Sure, it should happen; and sure, there are so many people that it should already have happened half a dozen or so times. But in almost every case, the child would be female. The probability of a boy conceived this way is about one in 1020 or so.

Note that I said "of their daughter", although I think your numbers on a male child are out of line--an XXY woman could have a male child this way.

Yeah, there was an episode of House a few years back where some young girl was pregnant but claimed she never had sex. Dr. House told her she was one of these "one in a billion" cases, and proceeded to explain how it theoretically could happen. She actually did get pregnant from a guy, and he knew it, but he played along with her for some reason, that I forgot now. That was the first I heard of this real life "immaculate conception".

Dr. House told her she was one of these "one in a billion" cases, and proceeded to explain how it theoretically could happen. She actually did get pregnant from a guy, and he knew it, but he played along with her for some reason, that I forgot now.
The couple was practicing celibacy until marriage. They were both virgins, they insisted.

She got pregnant from some other guy. House saved the relationship by faking lab results that proved the woman was the mother and the mother of the baby. He did this to win a bet with Wilson, that House was such an asshole that he could not get thanked by a patient.

So House was "good" and the father is now raising another man's baby, with a spouse who's inclined to cheat on him. That's the sort of thing that appeals to House, being able to tell the 'good' guys that he did what they wanted and look at how evil it really is.

That was the first I heard of this real life "immaculate conception".

FYI. Becoming pregnant without engaging in sexual intercourse is not what Catholics mean by 'immaculate conception.'

Immaculate_Conception

Yep, you're right. Sometimes I post too early in the morning.

- - - Updated - - -

Dr. House told her she was one of these "one in a billion" cases, and proceeded to explain how it theoretically could happen. She actually did get pregnant from a guy, and he knew it, but he played along with her for some reason, that I forgot now.
The couple was practicing celibacy until marriage. They were both virgins, they insisted.

She got pregnant from some other guy. House saved the relationship by faking lab results that proved the woman was the mother and the mother of the baby. He did this to win a bet with Wilson, that House was such an asshole that he could not get thanked by a patient.

So House was "good" and the father is now raising another man's baby, with a spouse who's inclined to cheat on him. That's the sort of thing that appeals to House, being able to tell the 'good' guys that he did what they wanted and look at how evil it really is.

Ah, thanks for reminding me. I had forgotton the details of the episode.

Back
Top Bottom