• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Images that make you laugh

492015081935.jpg

Medium Large

Peanuts Gallery

It’s become a cliche for cartoonists or comic strip lovers to say what an enormous impact Peanuts has had on their lives, but that only speaks to the genius of both Charles Schulz and his creation. As far as I can remember the strip has played a significant role in my life, whether through its daily appearance in the newspaper, the numerous Parade Books and treasuries, countless TV specials from A Charlie Brown Christmas to Where’s Your Purim Gragger, Charlie Brown?, a series of feature-length movies that began on such a remarkable high note and petered out with Charlie and friends trying to save their local community center with a crunk-off as well as a whole host of stuffed animals, various Christmas tree ornaments and far too many jam glasses. In short, Peanuts left me a total of 18 spare minutes in my life with which to watch Sid & Marty Krofft shows and perform in the only band that recorded its entire catalog on eight-track tape. That’s why in honor of the comic strip that gave me so much, Medium Large featured so many damn Peanuts parodies, most of them focusing on murder, the undead and gunplay. So settle down with your copy of It Was a Dark and Stormy Night, break open some York Peppermint Patties, pour yourself a nice glass of Shermy’s Southern Comfort and please enjoy the following strips.

There's an account of a weapons officer, inside the missile doing a closeout inspection. He grabbed a couple of cables and tugged to make sure they were secure. JUST as he did that, the ship lost power. The droplight went out, lights outside the tube went out, and breather valves dumped an enormous amount of compressed air with a huge WHOOSH a few yards from his head. I imagine that his sphincter made it to the base of his skull....

Back
Top Bottom