• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Images that make you laugh

AGI9w1o.jpg

A little MMORPG humor:

tumblr_nmp92vCzfF1tya5guo1_540.png

I know all of those except for OOM. What is that?

Out Of Mana. When your blue bar is empty and you go from being a first-rate healer to a third-rate fighter. (In some of the top level quests my healer's attacks will simply bounce off most main enemies.)

A little MMORPG humor:

Mind explaining the last one?

As I have a dedicated healer toon I certainly understand about #1 and #3 and the related problem of my warnings about being temporarily incapacitated falling on deaf ears.

Not to mention the perennial problem of people not paying attention to where I am--hint: All but one healing spell I've got needs line of sight and all of them have range limits. Get too far from the healer and you had better be able to take care of yourself--I'm not coming to the aid of a lost sheep while the party is in combat!

The way I read it, it's not an acronym, but someone using all caps to communicate dismay or panic. Add refers to new opponents that enter the fray after combat already started. So if someone yells "ADD!" it usually means "Oh crap! More monsters!"

A little MMORPG humor:

I have not laughed so hard in months. My very favorite level 90 is my healer. And, indeed, it seems that many "tanks" understand those as the meaning of those acronyms.

What's funny is that my current guild in SW:tOR is patently insane in 4-man PvE content. Not only do we start fights when the healers aren't ready, but frequently the healers themselves will run up and initiate combat just to keep things extra chaotic. And yes, some of these shenanigans will go on during raids (especially healer pulls). Needless to say, I've developed some bad habits that get me in trouble with pickup groups.

Mind explaining the last one?

As I have a dedicated healer toon I certainly understand about #1 and #3 and the related problem of my warnings about being temporarily incapacitated falling on deaf ears.

Not to mention the perennial problem of people not paying attention to where I am--hint: All but one healing spell I've got needs line of sight and all of them have range limits. Get too far from the healer and you had better be able to take care of yourself--I'm not coming to the aid of a lost sheep while the party is in combat!

The way I read it, it's not an acronym, but someone using all caps to communicate dismay or panic. Add refers to new opponents that enter the fray after combat already started. So if someone yells "ADD!" it usually means "Oh crap! More monsters!"

I guess it's game dependent, then. I've never seen a call like that. Sometimes there's a warning that trash is about to spawn but never have I seen anything more than a simple non-panicked announcement of it's spawn and that only if it's something that requires a special reaction.

In my experience group leaders see if there's anybody new and if so they explain in advance what's to be expected in tough fights--everybody should know what's coming.

The closest thing to a panicked monster call I'm used to is when a tank or kiter loses control of whatever they were supposed to be keeping the aggro of, especially when what they lose control of will be particularly dangerous to others. (Example: A group of 5 that are normally kited by someone immune to their slowing attack.)

I have not laughed so hard in months. My very favorite level 90 is my healer. And, indeed, it seems that many "tanks" understand those as the meaning of those acronyms.

What's funny is that my current guild in SW:tOR is patently insane in 4-man PvE content. Not only do we start fights when the healers aren't ready, but frequently the healers themselves will run up and initiate combat just to keep things extra chaotic. And yes, some of these shenanigans will go on during raids (especially healer pulls). Needless to say, I've developed some bad habits that get me in trouble with pickup groups.

Healers should never pull unless they're confident they can deal with what they pulled! I don't think I've ever pulled monsters that I didn't intend to kill on my own by running them back and forth through a persistent AoE spell.

- - - Updated - - -

What is it?!?!

Back
Top Bottom