• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Images that make you laugh

So you attribute these geographical correlations to African-Americans and entirely to African-Americans?
No, they're saying one COULD probably select the maps to tell that story.

You could probably also select maps of Mormon distribution and diabetes distribution and 'confirm' the holy benefits of their religious dietary restrictions.

Kind of like that cartoon. Before women had the vote, no nuclear wars. Not saying there's a 'connection,' per se, but you have to notice that the only nuclear war was after women got the vote.

Except that there is a lot more to it than just those maps. There are a very large number of social ills that have been shown to correlate with religiosity, and not just in America. In fact those other studies that correlate religiosity with those social ills probably factor out race, so trying to pin it on African-Americans is... well let's be kind and call it bizarre and ignorant about scientific studies that have been done on this topic.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/9610992/n...on-correlate-social-dysfunction/#.Vm-0aPkrKUk
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...ation-and-facts-about-secularism-and-religion
http://columbiafavs.com/2013/08/14/religion-and-societal-ills/

But I would like to thank thebeave for letting us know how he feels about African-Americans. I honestly did not know that about him. You learn something new every day!

12002279_1124677870909622_5652306081700506824_n.jpg

Except that there is a lot more to it than just those maps.
But what you posted was 'just those maps.'
So, kinda makes it an inside joke. Something that's funny if the listener can bring additional information to the joke.

But I would like to thank thebeave for letting us know how he feels about African-Americans. I honestly did not know that about him. You learn something new every day!
Or, you flat out make something up out of thin air every day by projecting shit onto someone else.

But what you posted was 'just those maps.'
So, kinda makes it an inside joke. Something that's funny if the listener can bring additional information to the joke.
The other correlations are well-known by every on this forum as they come up frequently when debating theists on their claims of moral superiority. It was hardly necessary to mention the scientific studies at all with this audience.

Or, you flat out make something up out of thin air every day by projecting shit onto someone else.

Of course. I'm making it up.

No, they're saying one COULD probably select the maps to tell that story.

You could probably also select maps of Mormon distribution and diabetes distribution and 'confirm' the holy benefits of their religious dietary restrictions.

Kind of like that cartoon. Before women had the vote, no nuclear wars. Not saying there's a 'connection,' per se, but you have to notice that the only nuclear war was after women got the vote.

Except that there is a lot more to it than just those maps. There are a very large number of social ills that have been shown to correlate with religiosity, and not just in America. In fact those other studies that correlate religiosity with those social ills probably factor out race, so trying to pin it on African-Americans is... well let's be kind and call it bizarre and ignorant about scientific studies that have been done on this topic.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/9610992/n...on-correlate-social-dysfunction/#.Vm-0aPkrKUk
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...ation-and-facts-about-secularism-and-religion
http://columbiafavs.com/2013/08/14/religion-and-societal-ills/

thebeave wasn't saying anything about African Americans. He? was saying something, as others did, about causation and correlation. And about the pitfalls of interpreting graphical information.

Cheer up, we're still on your side.

Star Wars Merchandising Is Even More Absurd Outside the US

http://gizmodo.com/star-wars-marketing-is-even-more-absurd-outside-the-us-1748343045

Human culture has reached a point of no return. The overwhelming barrage of Star Wars merchandise has pulverized the last remaining crumbs of our consumer dignity. Consider this product and cry with us: Star Wars Chicken Hot Dogs with Built-in Ketchup. And it gets worse.
The following photos were taken at ten separate supermarkets in Hungary, just two days before the premiere of the new Star Wars movie. The movie’s not even out yet, and it’s almost hard to find food that’s not Star Wars-branded. What’s especially odd is that the new food items aren’t even necessarily specific to The Force Awakens. Behold the force of Lucasfilm’s marketing machine.
Star Wars Chicken Frankfurter Snack with Built-in Ketchup

okqjtyshqdzbbyexoqhf.jpg

Star Wars Foie Gras Cream (in a tube)

vigdmhzuaox2gihti8jz.jpg

Star Wars Flavored Water (lemon, apple, and strawberry flavors)

xyncjpueqltswryxtu0m.jpg

Star Wars Multifruit Soft Drink (with surprise egg)

mkdpthinddr6kffkntft.jpg

o2axspcwo4hckkormq2q.jpg

Star Wars Trading Cards

nwdy8eb2iwuljfrr2ztl.jpg

Star Wars Tattoo Book with Snack (which appears to be a surprise)

zunlf2qx7mvadmiqgkcp.jpg

Star Wars Super Sweet Canned Corn

dwnopziu61ufecvxwmod.jpg

y56zsx2tcdrjcptn3k9n.jpg

Star Wars Cereals with with Free 3D Pencil toppers

ydlv1qvmomj4jyungn2p.jpg

pwjvrdazkvnmovzg4eau.jpg

cjmxw0lgzn9985fmq3la.jpg

hcn7ttml2g0lzqsrl97y.jpg

Star Wars Frozen Chicken Nuggets

dowrpwkqs3ajwd1ndozw.jpg

mmoq5xv9w4zs82jha2mj.jpg

Star Wars 1.5% Milk (in a box)

sfggvr6gkvnraszqlv8y.jpg

Star Wars PEZ Dispensers

tivivqmwftpbbxbpkomc.jpg

“May the force be with you” - says the gray text in Hungarian

t0dngzlrs6eeeima9cww.jpg

Rebel vitamin

owuucmj0ns48fkrruvri.jpg

Collect all the toys!

lkl2bhe0ponstud02ich.jpg

The surprise is that you get three pieces of useless junk

pkhes9fwayoubif0a5qk.jpg

The dark side of the Star Wars merchandise

jwbncvglu9lub3blrguq.jpg

The ketchup is strong with this one

e7tdnplo1qwt2vspuvkd.jpg
Because nothing says “space opera” like low grade processed meats.

A million geese cried out in terror…

ihsowkloztwo92tglqcw.jpg

…at the sight of Darth Vader Foie Gras

yn1bigtvk6qoubbtjh7m.jpg
Star Wars fois gras. Somewhere, a four-star Micheline French chef is crying.

Liver long and prosper… wait wrong movie…

wb9lj4sxubivraogkxfs.jpg
Because the geese were ‘Force’ fed.

Action-packed sliced chicken breast

mobkl7oqeudo0o99wqsi.jpg

You get six slices per pack

dogqzq9hrci6ucjmdo3j.jpg

And it’s actually pretty bad

qvejsrjzcrtiiimlexje.jpg

Photos: Attila Nagy/Gizmodo

Back
Top Bottom