• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Images that make you laugh

20139651_1374850192633275_9156036646945198429_n.jpg

Wow, that's disgustingly racist. This makes you laugh?
the blatant racism is what's funny
when you grow up and have some perspective you'll understand ....maybe.

I'm not sure it is racist. While the 5th guy is black I think the more important thing is that he's in attire that doesn't include anything resembling a shirt. In reality the cultural attire that includes nothing shirt-like is pretty much a black thing--because they're the ones that live in climates where a lack of a shirt makes sense.

Rumor has it even he would gladly swap his boar's teeth for a Van Heusen Oxford! (Those are tusks)

011.jpg

Attachments

• car_print.jpg
    car_print.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 3
The first one, though--if you want traditional attire that doesn't use a shirt, what else would you suggest?

The message is clearly that 'only a primitive, uncivilised savage doesn't want Van Heusen, "the world's smartest", shirts'.

Need to work on your media literacy, Loren.

The first one, though--if you want traditional attire that doesn't use a shirt, what else would you suggest?

The message is clearly that 'only a primitive, uncivilised savage doesn't want Van Heusen, "the world's smartest", shirts'.

Alternately, men who wear shirts want Van Heusen shirts. That means they need a man who obviously doesn't wear shirts--they can't just use a man who isn't wearing one, they need a man who clearly doesn't wear them. What other choices are there? Since it's basically a forced "choice" I'm not willing to call it racist without more data.

I've seen plenty of other ads on the same basic principle--everyone who uses <item x> wants <brand y of x>, illustrated with someone (or something) that clearly has no need of <x> as being the only one who doesn't want <brand y>.

Alternately, men who wear shirts want Van Heusen shirts. That means they need a man who obviously doesn't wear shirts--they can't just use a man who isn't wearing one, they need a man who clearly doesn't wear them. What other choices are there? Since it's basically a forced "choice" I'm not willing to call it racist without more data.

I've seen plenty of other ads on the same basic principle--everyone who uses <item x> wants <brand y of x>, illustrated with someone (or something) that clearly has no need of <x> as being the only one who doesn't want <brand y>.

You can't get out of a hole by digging.

O ye of little faith - if you dig long enough, you come out on the other side of the world.
The bad news for you: I think it would be somewhere near Australia... :D

Where did the images that make one laugh go...

O ye of little faith - if you dig long enough, you come out on the other side of the world.
The bad news for you: I think it would be somewhere near Australia... :D
I'm a cup-half-full kind of guy; I think I can think of a good news option on that :D

Back
Top Bottom