• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Images that make you laugh

43237798_1886808204747561_2754501765469569024_n.jpg

Oooh! I need to go here this weekend...
View attachment 18010

Yeah, a lot of modern art is just nonsense. There was a story recently where some prankster left his old pencil on a small table in a modern art gallery recently, and then just stared at it. Within minutes, a small crowd gathered and began taking pictures and oohing and ahhing. Fucking sheeple.

View attachment 18010

Yeah, a lot of modern art is just nonsense. There was a story recently where some prankster left his old pencil on a small table in a modern art gallery recently, and then just stared at it. Within minutes, a small crowd gathered and began taking pictures and oohing and ahhing. Fucking sheeple.

These very same sheeple vote as well!

Within minutes, a small crowd gathered and began taking pictures and oohing and ahhing.
Huh.
Usually it takes a significant dose of drugs to really see the beauty in stuff we've taken for granted ("dude, have you, like, ever really looked at your hands, man? They're so...handy, man!").

I wonder if we could create a gallery just for reevaluating our relationship with the mundane. Put frames around holes in the wall with indirect lighting, where otherwise unremarkable objects are placed.
a few spot lit pedestals to host more interactive displays of mass-produced items we no longer pay any attention to, like a soda bottle, or a water tap, where the function is all we notice anymore.
And by each display, a vast whiteboard where the newly-appreciative gallery patrons can record their impressions, what they've found, what they've discovered about themselves.
And one at the exit, where they can suggest future exhibits. That would be the key indicator that The For Granted Gallery has sparked some actual thought, sort of a dipstick for our effectiveness. I mean, we showed you pencils, bottles, a trashcan, then you suggested cooked and raw spaghetti, staples, and a tire.

And then, have other galleries, maybe in London or Paris, but at least 4000 miles away from The For Granted Gallery, where hidden cameras allow gallery-goers THERE to "See Americans Freak Out On Stuff We Found In The Best Buy Breakroom After Black Friday." Charge them three times as much as The For Granted Gallery...

One exhibit was a stained urinal. Apparently the artist (iirc Mutt, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fountain_(Duchamp)) thought it was artistic stains and put it on display.

Within minutes, a small crowd gathered and began taking pictures and oohing and ahhing.
Huh.
Usually it takes a significant dose of drugs to really see the beauty in stuff we've taken for granted ("dude, have you, like, ever really looked at your hands, man? They're so...handy, man!").

I wonder if we could create a gallery just for reevaluating our relationship with the mundane. Put frames around holes in the wall with indirect lighting, where otherwise unremarkable objects are placed.
a few spot lit pedestals to host more interactive displays of mass-produced items we no longer pay any attention to, like a soda bottle, or a water tap, where the function is all we notice anymore.
And by each display, a vast whiteboard where the newly-appreciative gallery patrons can record their impressions, what they've found, what they've discovered about themselves.
And one at the exit, where they can suggest future exhibits. That would be the key indicator that The For Granted Gallery has sparked some actual thought, sort of a dipstick for our effectiveness. I mean, we showed you pencils, bottles, a trashcan, then you suggested cooked and raw spaghetti, staples, and a tire.

And then, have other galleries, maybe in London or Paris, but at least 4000 miles away from The For Granted Gallery, where hidden cameras allow gallery-goers THERE to "See Americans Freak Out On Stuff We Found In The Best Buy Breakroom After Black Friday." Charge them three times as much as The For Granted Gallery...

I support this idea!

Some mundane things jump right out at you and don't need a frame.

this_guy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom