• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Images that make you laugh

Shit. I just tore up a letter advertising for that very card. We get so many card offers.

We already have 3 cards. two we use regularly and pay off monthly for the cash back deals. One lets us change what we get cash back on. We switched it to home improvement supplies during the remodel. Now we are going to switch it back to gas and groceries. The other we use when we dine out.

Shit. I just tore up a letter advertising for that very card. We get so many card offers.
Call them!
At 3.5% per transaction, they can and do hire real people who speak English and really want to know how they can get you to buy more shit with an Amex card. I don’t know if that particular card requires a super high credit rating or something, but I don’t see why it should.

We already have 3 cards. two we use regularly and pay off monthly for the cash back deals. One lets us change what we get cash back on. We switched it to home improvement supplies during the remodel. Now we are going to switch it back to gas and groceries. The other we use when we dine out.
We use our Visa for pretty much everything. And it earns us points. So many that we end up with several hundred a couple of times a year that we convert into gift cards to use as supermarkets. Our supermarket also has flybuys. Which operates in a similar way. You earn a point for every dollar you spend, and they include bonus points, such has ‘spend $x four weeks in a row and get 10000 or 20000 points, depending on the amount. The amount we regularly spend is usually enough to qualify. It’s late February. We cashed in all our points in December. I just checked and we already have 26000 points, mainly through bonus points, so have $130 sitting there. We can use these in any Coles Myer group store so it’s a good deal. We almost paid for Christmas with the amount we got last year.

Call them!
At 3.5% per transaction, they can and do hire real people who speak English and really want to know how they can get you to buy more shit with an Amex card. I don’t know if that particular card requires a super high credit rating or something, but I don’t see why it should.
My credit rating is in the mid 260's. No problem there.

Call them!
Wow. You probably couldn’t get a neighbor to lend you a screwdriver.

Call them!
See the Moskova around anywhere?

Call them!
See the Moskova around anywhere?
Do they have rights to your body parts in case of death?
My credit rating is like a zillion. That and $5 gets you a cup of coffee, most places.

Wife and I just bought a car. Our ratings are excellent, and we got a 2% loan as part of the deal. Our credit union offers 5%. That’s a $1,920 difference. We were quite surprised.

Just saw this on the shore of Lake Michigan a couple of days ago.

View attachment 45445
When I was a kid, an aunt and uncle had a house next to a lake. The property sloped a bit towards the lake, then dropped off sharply before a bit of woods on the shore. The drop off had a bunch of concrete rubble dumped there, probably erosion control.
Us kids were told, in no uncertain terms, "Stay Off The Concrete Slabs!"
Of course, that made it a kid magnet. We danced on them. Dug caves underneath them. Whatever.
It was forbidden, which made us really want to do it.
Tom

I’ve always wondered about these types of deals. Is the deal only when you purchase the stated amount. The implication here is that it is the same unit price but is the deal an offer on each individual item or does it only take effect when you purchase two?

Kind of like how “buy one get one free” is not the same as “one is 50% off”.
Our local supermarket always says
"Lesser quantities at regular price" on such signs.
And the cash register receipt lists all but the last one at regular price, deducting the savings off the last item of the bunch.
(Even if there are a few other items rung up between)
So if you didn't get enough you don't get the discount.

Just saw this on the shore of Lake Michigan a couple of days ago.

View attachment 45445
When I was a kid, an aunt and uncle had a house next to a lake. The property sloped a bit towards the lake, then dropped off sharply before a bit of woods on the shore. The drop off had a bunch of concrete rubble dumped there, probably erosion control.
Us kids were told, in no uncertain terms, "Stay Off The Concrete Slabs!"
Of course, that made it a kid magnet. We danced on them. Dug caves underneath them. Whatever.
It was forbidden, which made us really want to do it.
Tom
Threre are a lot of "Keep out" signs that are kind of "nanny-ish", but you would be amazed at how many people lack common sense to real dangers. And not just little kids, but grown-ass adults. This particularly gruesome incident comes to mind:

I have been to the Vernal Falls overlook where those people went down many times, and was there a couple of weeks after that incident. It is just astounding to me that anyone would ignore the signs and hop the rails for a closer look.

Back
Top Bottom