• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Images that make you laugh

The world of Korean yarn. Today I ordered some yarn that had the label blurred out in every photo. Super sketchy. I think I might have stumbled into the seedy underbelly of the yarn market.
ralph-wiggum-im-in-danger-meme.jpg

But the color names are too irresistible.
korean_yarn_color_names.png

Edit: and what is this? Clearly someone photoshopped something on the bottoms of some of the letters on this label. The product description says 100% cotton, but it says "cotton silk," which is a bit suspicious because I recognize a yarn world example of weasel words. Also "milk cotton" is a synthetic cotton that's not made from cotton. It is made from plant materials, just not cotton, and it's weirdly processed like tencel, and in fact I think that might be the same thing. Now I need to look this up and get more info.

But anyway, yeah, I find this label a bit sus. It looks like they're trying for plausible deniability when it turns out to be a blend of cotton bamboo blend. It's great yarn, but hard to work and not at all the same texture or breathability or low elasticity, which is what I usually want from cotton yarn. It's pretty, though, very shiny and silky, but also splitty usually. Anyhoo, cottoo, which may be a brand name, like Coboo or Truboo.

Screenshot 2024-07-03 005912.jpg

That's all I can post for now. I have to keep moving. I know too much.

Last edited:
449775479_122126280056295911_8727065150607541498_n.jpg

What in the actual fuck? I'm sure there's some sort of backstory or inside joke to that picture, but I don't think I want to know.

Thanks for killing a lot of my childhood memories, though. Walt Disney's "Wonderful World of Disney" used to be favorite show of mine back in the '60's. But not anymore! :flooffrown:

Last edited:
What in the actual fuck? I'm sure there's some sort of backstory or inside joke to that picture, but I don't think I want to know.

Thanks for killing a lot of my childhood memories, though. Walt Disney's "Wonderful World of Disney" used to be favorite show of mine back in the '60's. But not anymore! :flooffrown:
He said "backstory," huhuhuh.

Back
Top Bottom