• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Images that make you laugh

25 years ago my wife and I moved into this house. A couple days later we got the April Fools Blizzard of 1997. The National Weather Service is running a commemorative montage.

This picture really makes me wonder "What were they thinking?" Snow blowing out 2 feet of snow in Fenway Park?

April Fools Blizzard 1997.jpg

835720.jpg

Waitaminit!
I was told that kangaroos got blasted to Australia by volcanoes. WTF? Can’t these creos get their story straight?
It's the same story! Jeez, just takes a little thought!

The volcanos spat out ash, which cooled to become huge floating rafts of PUMICE. When the rafts were afloat and on the way, volcanos blasted the Kangaroos and dingos and platypi and koalas and such, which then floated on to Australia. Trees were also blasted onto the rafts, so the herbivores would have something to eat. The carnivores ate things that died in the flood and were floating around for a while afterwards.
As proof, Pumice is found in New South Wales beaches at the high-tide marks.

The volcanos spat out ash, which cooled to become huge floating rafts of PUMICE. When the rafts were afloat and on the way, volcanos blasted the Kangaroos and dingos and platypi and koalas and such, which then floated on to Australia. Trees were also blasted onto the rafts, so the herbivores would have something to eat. The carnivores ate things that died in the flood and were floating around for a while afterwards.
As proof, Pumice is found in New South Wales beaches at the high-tide marks.
Having lived on various parts of the New South Welsh coast for 36 years, I could have assured them that there is no pumice on those beaches.

New Zealand, however, consists almost entirely of pumice. Strangely enough, the only kangaroos, dingos, platypuses (<-- that's the correct plural), koalas and such can be found in zoos and are imported from Australia.

There was a giant pumice raft that hit Australia in, what, 2019? Google showed me three sites that say there's pumice in NSW north beaches NOW.. Above the high water mark.
And if it happened once, it could jave happened 3004 years ago! So there!

There was a giant pumice raft that hit Australia in, what, 2019? Google showed me three sites that say there's pumice in NSW north beaches NOW.. Above the high water mark.
Ah. Live and learn. Thank you. I now believe that the great flood of -982 did happen and that kangaroos, dingos, platypuses, koalas and such did arrive in Australia courtesy of the PS Pumitania. God moves in a mysterious way. Isaiah 55:8-9

The channel that separates Bribie Island from the mainland is called "Pumicestone Passage", originally named "Pumicestone River" by Matthew Flinders, who sailed up it in July 1799, and found large amounts of pumice stone at the high water mark. (He was unable to determine that it was connected to the ocean at both ends due to the tidal currents, and mistakenly believed it was a river).

It's only a couple of hours drive from the modern border with New South Wales, and it would be rather surprising if pumice wasn't found all along the coast from Bribie down to Byron, given that the Glasshouse Mountains, Mount Warning and the associated Border Ranges are all extinct volcanoes.

Regardless, the entirety of Australia east of 135° was called New South Wales until July 1825, when it was enlarged to include the land between 129° and 135°E. So in 1799, we have the word of Captain Flinders RN that there was large amounts of pumice above the high water mark in NSW (although the exact location he recorded is today in Queensland).

He explored inland as far as the Glasshouse Mountains, and I used to regularly have my breaks at the Matthew Flinders rest area, which was the location of his overnight camp (a wise choice on his part, as it has the only public toilet facilities for miles).

Back
Top Bottom