• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Immigrants being dropped off? PUT THEM TO WORK, Dumb-Dumb!

What should be done about all the new immigrant arrivals in major U.S. cities?

• Put them to work, or let employers hire them.

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Keep shipping them around from one city to another.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crack down on independent contractors.

• Raise the minimum wage to $20/hour

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Pass more labor laws to crack down on employers.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Lock up all employers who hire an "illegal" immigrant.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Shut down all the sweatshops.

• Call a general strike. Shut down major industries.

• Elect Donald Trump.

• Re-elect Joe Biden to continue the present policies.

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
More illustration of the nature of our problem, an inability on the left to look at the numbers objectively, and the impact of such large numbers.

Along the bred people are sleeping in the streets, there is no place for them to shelter.

1.9 million people with little English, education, and skills. Wherever they end up they will be wards of the state. Unaccompanied kids, single parents.

Like I sad how about your backyard? Higher taxes to for schools in your district to deal wit unplanned for non English speaking kids? Hospital costs, ER costs where people without insurance tend to go.

People living on your downtown streets?

The problem is people believe that once they get across the border the odds are they are home free. They don't evade border patrol, they find them. I'm here, give me something to eat, a place to stay, and educate my kids.

It is an insane situation. Congress is responsible for immigration.

It is like debating theists.
The 1.9 million people entering the US includes US citizens returning to the US. For example, my wife and I went to Canada for a day. We speak English, have a home and one of us is still in the labor force gainfully employed. The 1.9 million includes one of the heart surgeons who worked on me 12 days ago. He speaks English, has a home and is gainfully employed.

So your response appears to me to based on extreme ignorance, fear and a bit of bigotry. Just what one sees from many theists.

At least 95% of homeless people are American citizens; bringing them up in this discussion is needlessly and inaccurately poisoning the well. And though the remaining 5% deserve our collective care and concern, arresting and deporting a family will not end their state of homelessness, nor will turning them away at the border. Homeless "somewhere else" is still homeless.

More illustration of the nature of our problem, an inability on the left to look at the numbers objectively, and the impact of such large numbers.

Along the bred people are sleeping in the streets, there is no place for them to shelter.

1.9 million people with little English, education, and skills. Wherever they end up they will be wards of the state. Unaccompanied kids, single parents.

Like I sad how about your backyard? Higher taxes to for schools in your district to deal wit unplanned for non English speaking kids? Hospital costs, ER costs where people without insurance tend to go.

The problem is people believe that once they get across the border the odds are they are home free. They don't evade border patrol, they find them. I'm here, give me something to eat, a place to stay, and educate my kids.

It is an insane situation. Congress is responsible for immigration.

It is like debating theists.

^I think many people would agree with this no matter how wrong it is.^ And as far as elections go, Biden better pay heed to it. We expect Republicans to make such assumptions as the chart below indicates. But having no small portion of Democrats and Independents with these wrong-headed notions could cost Biden. It doesn't take much.
From August 2022: https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/news-polls/npr-immigration-perceptions-august-2022

npr immigration graphic FINAL.jpg

It must be so much worse in Seattle than San Diego. You wouldn't think it would be but evidently it is. Living in San Diego for sixteen years, all the presumed illegal immigrants I seen were the ones standing around every morning at the same spots where contractor knew to pick them up if they needed labor. Other than that, they were invisible to me.

Homeless "somewhere else" is still homeless.
Fuck yeah!! If they are going to be homeless and destitute they should be homeless and destitute in m’erica!!
If you're going to pretend you're worried about the wellbeing of the homeless, then yes, you should care about them whether or not they are on one side or the other of an imaginary line across the Sonoran desert. But if the real problem you have with them is that they are foreigners, you should just say as much and spare us the silly charade of pretending to care about their situation.

If you're going to pretend you're worried about the wellbeing of the homeless, then yes, you should care about them whether or not they are on one side or the other of an imaginary line across the Sonoran desert. But if the real problem you have with them is that they are foreigners, you should just say as much and spare us the silly charade of pretending to care about their situation.

My goodness even when I agree with you, you still take umbrage at that agreement. I have enthusiastically welcomed these poor, destitute “immigrants” to have the opportunity to be homeless, poor and destitute in the USA. It’s xenophobic right wingers like the mayor of NYC you should be mad at, not me.

My goodness even when I agree with you, you still take umbrage at that agreement. I have enthusiastically welcomed these poor, destitute “immigrants” to have the opportunity to be homeless, poor and destitute in the USA. It’s xenophobic right wingers like the mayor of NYC you should be mad at, not me.
What are the quotation marks supposed to be a code for?

President Biden should sigh an executive order making it illegal to ship undocumented migrants to a different without prior approval from the target state.

Why do you hate migrants? The USA was built on migrants.

Besides, the migrants are being shipped mostly to sanctuary cities such as New York, they already approved.

No, really. I am not playing dumb, I just have no idea what they are supposed to mean. Are you trying to say that you don't think asylum seekers are immigrants?

Less than 2 weeks ago, I underwent an unexpected quintuple bypass surgery at the Mayo Clinic. The lead surgeon was from Uruguay, assisted by doctors from Argentina, Bangladesh and the US. I had nurses from West Africa, Poland, South Korea and the US.

As a nation, we gain from welcoming immigrants of all skills from wherever they hail.

Very true. Few people have any sort of problem with this. But they need to come to our country through the proper channels and in accordance with our laws. Not like this:

Maybe the multinational corporations that spent our tax money fucking up the countries those people are fleeing can chip in to deal with them?

No, really. I am not playing dumb,
Mmm-kay... goodnight everyone! :D

President Biden should sigh an executive order making it illegal to ship undocumented migrants to a different without prior approval from the target state.

Why do you hate migrants? The USA was built on migrants.

Besides, the migrants are being shipped mostly to sanctuary cities such as New York, they already approved.
As a reminder for those inclined to apparently have no understanding of how things actually are in the world, over 1/3 of NYC's population is foreign born. California, New York, New Jersey are tops in the country with immigrants. This idea that NYC, Chicago, LA aren't carrying their weight regarding immigration into the US is QAnon level out of touch with reality.

Maybe the multinational corporations that spent our tax money fucking up the countries those people are fleeing can chip in to deal with them?

Interesting idea, go on.
Tax the wealthy at a much higher rate, and use the resulting budget to fully fund a healthy and prosperous nation in which a few thousand new residents are not perceived (however irrationally) as some sort of crisis.

Tax the wealthy at a much higher rate, and use the resulting budget to fully fund a healthy and prosperous nation in which a few thousand new residents are not perceived (however irrationally) as some sort of crisis.

So you’re expanding on the multinational corporations that fucked up the countries where these people come from chipping in, to tax all wealthy people. Okay. But does that mean the fucked up countries get nothing?

Oh, it’s more than a few thousand “new residents”, it’s a whole lot more.

Back
Top Bottom