• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Immigration Solution Discussion

Gun Nut

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
None
I have a potential solution to the existing crisis on the Southern Border with mass immigration.
The issue at hand is that the Mexican Government is not accepting all of the Mexican people that are crossing our border illegally.
The US is holding unaccompanied minors rather than send them back into the dessert to die. They are TRYING to send back all others, but that is where the issue is right now.

My solution to the poor level of cooperation from Mexico around this is to bus down thousands of Homeless individuals from cities all across the US. Round up all chronically homeless people with mental illness and an unwillingness to seek or accept help, and ship them across the border to be Homeless in Mexico.

When the Mexican Government begins to cooperate with the US and prevents the illegal crossings, one way or another, we will then stop shipping our homeless over to them.

We get the better deal in that exchange... Their hopeful for our hopeless.

Fuck you, Mexico. We dump our problem on you while you dump yours on us.

I have a potential solution to the existing crisis on the Southern Border with mass immigration.
The issue at hand is that the Mexican Government is not accepting all of the Mexican people that are crossing our border illegally.
The US is holding unaccompanied minors rather than send them back into the dessert to die. They are TRYING to send back all others, but that is where the issue is right now.

My solution to the poor level of cooperation from Mexico around this is to bus down thousands of Homeless individuals from cities all across the US. Round up all chronically homeless people with mental illness and an unwillingness to seek or accept help, and ship them across the border to be Homeless in Mexico.

When the Mexican Government begins to cooperate with the US and prevents the illegal crossings, one way or another, we will then stop shipping our homeless over to them.

* most of those coming from Mexico to the US are from Central America, not Mexico
* Mexico is not "shipping" people to the US
* the "problem" is largely comprised of people legally trying to apply for asylum.
* I doubt that Mexico would allow the US to "ship" busloads of homeless people into their Country (the homeless people would have to be outfitted with passports, bermuda shorts, floral shirts and cameras to look like tourists).

Your proposed solution violates the rights of the homeless US citizens who would be rounded up and deported to Mexico, presumably against their will. So it is a non-starter.

Do you have any actual solutions you would like to discuss?

What does that even mean?

How is Mexico "not accepting all of the Mexicans?

The problem I see is that the USA will accept them. We'll give them jobs, as long as they don't expect to get papers.

How about this? Start prosecuting employers who hire undocumented workers? All of them. From wealthy elites hiring domestic help to factories hiring machine operators to gas stations hiring staff. Prosecute the criminals who are USA citizens benefiting from cheap labor, instead of people trying to get better jobs by trekking across the desert.
How about that?
Tom

Your proposed solution violates the rights of the homeless US citizens who would be rounded up and deported to Mexico, presumably against their will. So it is a non-starter.

That was mine. What is yours?

The Mexican government is not accepting "most" (in the words of border control officials to the Whitehouse) detainees that illegally cross our border. That is one part of the "crisis" - that when a Mexican citizen is arrested in the US, they are supposed to be bussed back across the border. Currently, the Mexican border officials are not accepting them back.

The problem I see is that the USA will accept them. We'll give them jobs, as long as they don't expect to get papers.
The alternative to "accepting them" is allowing them to die in the desert to exposure.
How about this? Start prosecuting employers who hire undocumented workers? All of them. From wealthy elites hiring domestic help to factories hiring machine operators to gas stations hiring staff. Prosecute the criminals who are USA citizens benefiting from cheap labor, instead of people trying to get better jobs by trekking across the desert.
How about that?
Tom

I don't disagree with following the law and prosecuting crimes... but the issue with that is the claim that the US would fall into famine if only green card holding immigrants or US citizens were employed to work in agriculture. The industry is unsustainable the way it is now without illegal immigrants. Which, by the way, very well may speak to why we have a crisis - we are of two minds - we don't want them but we apparently need them.

Invade Central America.

I'm not opposed to the US "occupying" all of the America's, except Canada. While Canada would certainly have a problem with that anyway - I'm not sure why anyone should care that they would.

Biden says that the permanent solution will have to be implemented where they are coming from... what they are escaping from... not where they are trying to go. So occupation of countries that are not meeting the needs of their people is not too "classic colonial" for us, I don't think.

Invade Central America.

I like it. Turn the entire region into a US territory, confiscate their guns, lock up the cartels... maybe we could even split the proceeds with Russia, since it was your idea. :)

How about that?
Tom
That is the only viable, rational solution.

How about that?
Tom

It's not that easy to arrest sitting Congresspeople. Very politically divisive.

Negative impacts between the US and Mexico is hardly a one-way street, and it is important to remember that Mexico isn't the source of many of these migrants. And let us also not forgot that people are fleeing nations we destabilized to protect the globe from communism.

The solution to the illegal immigration problem is to help the nations not to have as many people want to leave in the first place, and that is a multiple party solution that requires cooperation on economic issues, the drug trade, among other things, and not in your face 'have it you' pettiness.

How about that?
Tom
That is the only viable, rational solution.

Here's a big reason why I want that solution.

I believe it would result in conservative and humane immigration policies. If the people who currently benefit from cheap labor and high consumer prices had to pick between all the undocumented workers working and buying, or all of them leaving the American market, they'd go with the profitability. Treating immigrants with humanity, giving them papers and basic rights, would be more profitable than doing without them altogether.

And I absolutely think that is the conservative solution. We are "A Nation of Immigrants". Check out The Statue of Liberty for a conservative view on immigration.

Tom

Crack down on employers who hire illegals. Pass laws to make it easy for certain categories of low-wage workers from neighboring countries to visit and work in this country legally, and give them a path to citizenship. And in the long term, work toward raising the standard of living and the stability of our neighbors to the south so they don't find it necessary to migrate to the US.

Illegally rounding up and deporting tens of thousands of US citizens just because they are homeless is such a daft idea that you must have intended it as satire. Or at least, that is my hope.

* most of those coming from Mexico to the US are from Central America, not Mexico
* Mexico is not "shipping" people to the US
* the "problem" is largely comprised of people legally trying to apply for asylum.
* I doubt that Mexico would allow the US to "ship" busloads of homeless people into their Country (the homeless people would have to be outfitted with passports, bermuda shorts, floral shirts and cameras to look like tourists).

The above is so correct. Why should Mexico be forced to accept immigrants from other countries (Latin America?)?

Crack down on employers who hire illegals. Pass laws to make it easy for certain categories of low-wage workers from neighboring countries to visit and work in this country legally, and give them a path to citizenship. And in the long term, work toward raising the standard of living and the stability of our neighbors to the south so they don't find it necessary to migrate to the US.

Illegally rounding up and deporting tens of thousands of US citizens just because they are homeless is such a daft idea that you must have intended it as satire. Or at least, that is my hope.

Yea, let's starve out those immigrants! Perhaps another idea: promote stability, law and order, and economic development to the Latin American countries. How about a Latin America "Marshall Plan"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_American_crisis

Reap(pay back)for what we sowed.

PS:Where is Oliver North?

Dayum!

Then there's that.
Boy, you're old.

That or sharp and rememberful. Ollie North was a Republican operative who helped screw over Central American people, in the service of the USA. He sold guns and drugs. He was so well protected by the Reagan/Bush administration that he later ran for a Senate seat.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom