• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Is Georgia on your mind?

RW > KL by 1.6%, JO > DP by 0.74%
Slowly increasing as the votes are counted.
Both margins are above GA's margin for triggering a recount: 0.5%.

About the GA victory,
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "Thank an organizer. (link to donations page)" / Twitter

She then credited several activist groups. It was their mobilization and their efforts to get out the vote that did it.

The Left won't stop there. They won't want a rerun of the Obama Presidency, I'm sure.

Rep. Pramila Jayapal on Twitter: "VICTORY in Georgia must lead to transformative change across America!

Recurring survival checks, union jobs that pay a living wage, guaranteed health care, racial justice, voting rights, immigration reform, climate action, repro justice, education, and MUCH more.

It can’t wait!" / Twitter

Well, well. Loeffler decides not to put the American people through hell. No objection to certifying election.

I only barely had time to savor the two wins in Georgia before all shit hits the fan. I guess that's the same for most people here. What a day...

I'm still cracking up about that one. The world is watching and thinking, holy shit, why did we ever think that stupid idiocracy was great? :rofl:

If the Ds win both elections, will they even be seated as Senators? The GOP crime family will file a lawsuit in Georgia demanding recounts or alleging fraud; how do things play out from there? Will they prevent Warnock and Ossoff from being seated for many months, as they did against Franken in 2009? I see that the GOP-majority Pennsylvania Senate has already usurped control from its Democratic leader in order to prevent a D incumbent from being re-seated as State Senator.

We don't want a 50-48 Senate with Moscow Mitch still in charge. Perhaps the humans should challenge two of the Gopsters to get a 48-48 Senate. Of course this would escalate; maybe all the way to a 0-0 Senate with Kamala Harris deciding all questions!

They will be seated as Senators. And the Democrats may well even get a solid majority during the Biden presidency, if PR and DC get in.

Warnock +1.8, Ossoff +0.93

Slowly converging on the NYT's predictions.

From NYT:
Maggie Haberman: Trump was telling people today that he was happy Loeffler and Perdue lost, according to a person familiar with the conversations. He said they didn’t defend him enough.

Nate Cohn: Here’s why Warnock and Ossoff won: Far more people of both parties voted than usual in a runoff, but the Democratic turnout was stronger, largely because of Black voters

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "¡Feliz Día de Reyes! 👑 👑 👑 Trajeron al país dos asientos y el senado 😉" / Twitter
Google Translate:
Happy king's day! 👑 👑 👑 They brought to the country two seats and the senate 😉

This provoked some kvetching about the proper Spanish word to use for a legislature seat. To try to settle that, I used Google Translate.

My car has four seats.
The United States Senate has a hundred seats.

Mi auto tiene cuatro asientos.
El Senado de los Estados Unidos tiene cien escaños.

January 6 = Dia de Reyes = Kings Day = Epiphany, when those kings give their gifts to the baby Jesus Christ.

Perdue has finally conceded, so that's the end of it.

https://www.ajc.com/politics/david-perdue-concedes-to-jon-ossoff-ending-georgia-senate-runoffs/JLHHQVA6FZC7TPT3VJVCH4GZWM/

Republican David Perdue conceded to Democrat Jon Ossoff on Friday, ending Georgia’s runoffs for control of the U.S. Senate days after his campaign floated potential legal action to contest his narrow defeat.

In a statement, Perdue said he wanted to “congratulate the Democratic Party and my opponent for this runoff win,” although he did not mention Ossoff’s name. He also falsely claimed he “won the general election” even though he did not, falling short of the majority-vote mark needed to avoid a runoff.

Another Republican sore loser, but at least now both Republicans have conceded. I'm very pleased that this will be the end of this election cycle.

Perdue has finally conceded, so that's the end of it.

https://www.ajc.com/politics/david-perdue-concedes-to-jon-ossoff-ending-georgia-senate-runoffs/JLHHQVA6FZC7TPT3VJVCH4GZWM/

Republican David Perdue conceded to Democrat Jon Ossoff on Friday, ending Georgia’s runoffs for control of the U.S. Senate days after his campaign floated potential legal action to contest his narrow defeat.

In a statement, Perdue said he wanted to “congratulate the Democratic Party and my opponent for this runoff win,” although he did not mention Ossoff’s name. He also falsely claimed he “won the general election” even though he did not, falling short of the majority-vote mark needed to avoid a runoff.

Another Republican sore loser, but at least now both Republicans have conceded. I'm very pleased that this will be the end of this election cycle.

You should be very proud of Georgia. Sorry for al the pressure we placed on ya'll. But all in all you set a fine example for the nation.

Another corruption to impeach him for.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/sgurman/status/1348013935807623170[/TWEET]

Sadly, Trump's Twitter account was permanently taken down before I had a chance to tweet him my gratitude for his help in getting the Senate flipped to the Democratic Party. Without his trashing of Republican officials and focusing the campaigns on his election grievances, it is entirely possible that Georgia voters would have sent Loeffler and Perdue back to the Senate. Getting Loeffler to announce that she would be objecting to certification of Biden's electoral victory was a master stroke.

About the GA victory,
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "Thank an organizer. (link to donations page)" / Twitter

She then credited several activist groups. It was their mobilization and their efforts to get out the vote that did it.

The Left won't stop there. They won't want a rerun of the Obama Presidency, I'm sure.

Rep. Pramila Jayapal on Twitter: "VICTORY in Georgia must lead to transformative change across America!

Recurring survival checks, union jobs that pay a living wage, guaranteed health care, racial justice, voting rights, immigration reform, climate action, repro justice, education, and MUCH more.

This would be a major mistake. Biden won narrowly, Senate is 50-50 and Dems have a narrow majority in the House. That is not a mandate for "transformative change across America". And if they try to push policies that are too out there, they will lose big in 2022 and Warnock will be a 1/3-term senator ...

About the GA victory,

This would be a major mistake. Biden won narrowly, Senate is 50-50 and Dems have a narrow majority in the House. That is not a mandate for "transformative change across America". And if they try to push policies that are too out there, they will lose big in 2022 and Warnock will be a 1/3-term senator ...

You are wrong, you have been wrong for at least 4 years now. I sincerely hope there is transformative change. The alternative is more of the same, and just a few days ago everyone saw what that gets us. Now is not the time for Democrats to lose their will to fix the Country with progressive change. It is time for Republicans to get the fuck out of the way, or join in and make sure the correct things are done to right the ship.

Trump’s victory in 2016 was even narrower but that never stopped them from exclaiming a large mandate.

Trump’s victory in 2016 was even narrower but that never stopped them from exclaiming a large mandate.

And following through on it.

Don't you just love it when right wingers try to tell those on the other side how to politic? It's always to their own advantage. And blatantly transparent.

Don't you just love it when right wingers try to tell those on the other side how to politic? It's always to their own advantage. And blatantly transparent.

I remember when Al Gore was considered a sore loser.

I remember when Al Gore was considered a sore loser.

Considering that he actually won...

You are wrong, you have been wrong for at least 4 years now. I sincerely hope there is transformative change. The alternative is more of the same, and just a few days ago everyone saw what that gets us. Now is not the time for Democrats to lose their will to fix the Country with progressive change. It is time for Republicans to get the fuck out of the way, or join in and make sure the correct things are done to right the ship.

Or the Dems can exploit the fissure in the Republican Party and split off the ones who haven’t lost their minds. Trump made that fissure a little wider and a little deeper with these parting antics.

Back
Top Bottom