• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Is Georgia on your mind?

I am fully for a campaign to say "Don't vote in the runoff! tRump isn't even allowed to get his name on it! It's a sham!" And see how that fares. Apparently some right wing group has already tried similar, to boycott the election so, high hopes?

A lot of people are seeing through that campaign. I'm surprised it is even being tried.

Republicans are seeing through the campaign started by other Republicans? What???

I am fully for a campaign to say "Don't vote in the runoff! tRump isn't even allowed to get his name on it! It's a sham!" And see how that fares. Apparently some right wing group has already tried similar, to boycott the election so, high hopes?

A lot of people are seeing through that campaign. I'm surprised it is even being tried.

Republicans are seeing through the campaign started by other Republicans? What???

At any rate, it can't hurt. I suspect it's equal parts republican and democrats leveraging that line, the dumbest republicans and the smartest democrats.

As long as the Dems understand "We. Must. Vote.", I'm down with it. I mean, most people in florida saw right through the lookalike spoiler candidates too, but it still has enough impact to sway the election against the repugs.

As long as the Republitards in GA are getting mixed messages, it's all good. :D

Yes indeed and they still are, thanks to their cult leader.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/30/us/politics/georgia-republicans-trump-kemp.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

The president has continued to claim without evidence that his loss in the new battleground state was fraudulent, directing his ire in particular at Gov. Brian Kemp and Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, both conservative Republicans, whom he has accused of not doing enough to help him overturn the result.

Over the weekend, he escalated his attacks on Mr. Kemp, saying he was “ashamed” to have endorsed him in 2018, and on Monday he called Mr. Kemp “hapless” as he urged him to “overrule his obstinate Republican Secretary of state.’'

Mr. Trump’s broadsides have quietly rattled some Republicans in the state, who fear that concerns about the fairness of the presidential election could depress turnout for the Senate races, which will determine whether Democrats or Republicans control the chamber.

The split signifies both an extraordinary dispute over election integrity within the Republican Party and a preview of the control the president may continue to exert over the conservative base even after he leaves office. As Mr. Trump talks seriously about the possibility of mounting another bid for the White House in 2024, his personal goals may not always align with those of his party — no matter the political stakes.

“I had someone message me just last week saying: ‘Nope, I’m done. Can’t trust the election. Never voting again,’” said Buzz Brockway, a former Republican state representative. “The president has a very dedicated group of supporters who don’t really support the broader Republican Party — they support him.”

Apparently, a lot of Repugs in Georgia are too stupid to realize that the recent election was fair. If it wasn't fair, they see no reason to vote in the run off. Hoping. Hoping. Hoping. Meanwhile the Democrats seem highly energized to get out the vote. Hoping Hoping.

The only junk mail I got yesterday was from Perdue. His big promise was that he will defend the constitution, while Ossoff is scary, or some dumb ass thing like that.

One of my friends has already received and returned her mail in ballot. I'm still waiting for mine. If it doesn't come this week, I'm going to apply for one again and hope that I don't have to vote in person during this upswing in COVID cases.

Things getting a little tense down there in Georgia, southernhybrid. You have my sympathy.

‘Someone’s Going to Get Killed’: Georgia Election Official’s Emotional Plea to Trump, Loeffler, Perdue
Gabriel Sterling issued the plea the same day a Trump campaign lawyer called for election official to be shot

“Mr. President, it looks like you likely lost the state of Georgia,” Sterling said. “You have the right to go to the courts. What you don’t have the ability to do — and you need to step up and say this — is: stop inspiring people to commit acts of violence. Someone’s going to get hurt; someone’s going to get shot; someone’s going to get killed. And it’s not right.”

Sterling said he made the decision to speak out Tuesday after Trump campaign lawyer Joe DiGenova called for Chris Krebs, the former director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency [CISA] to be “taken out at dawn and shot.” DiGenova’s violent rhetoric came on the heels of another threat, made against a 20-year-old election worker.

“Joe DiGenova today asked for Chris Krebs — a patriot who ran CISA — to be shot,” Sterling said, his voice shaking. “A twenty-something tech in Gwinnett County today has death threats and a noose put out saying he should be hung for treason because he was transferring a report on batches from an EMS to a county computer so he could read it.”

Things getting a little tense down there in Georgia, southernhybrid. You have my sympathy.

‘Someone’s Going to Get Killed’: Georgia Election Official’s Emotional Plea to Trump, Loeffler, Perdue
Gabriel Sterling issued the plea the same day a Trump campaign lawyer called for election official to be shot

“Mr. President, it looks like you likely lost the state of Georgia,” Sterling said. “You have the right to go to the courts. What you don’t have the ability to do — and you need to step up and say this — is: stop inspiring people to commit acts of violence. Someone’s going to get hurt; someone’s going to get shot; someone’s going to get killed. And it’s not right.”

Sterling said he made the decision to speak out Tuesday after Trump campaign lawyer Joe DiGenova called for Chris Krebs, the former director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency [CISA] to be “taken out at dawn and shot.” DiGenova’s violent rhetoric came on the heels of another threat, made against a 20-year-old election worker.

“Joe DiGenova today asked for Chris Krebs — a patriot who ran CISA — to be shot,” Sterling said, his voice shaking. “A twenty-something tech in Gwinnett County today has death threats and a noose put out saying he should be hung for treason because he was transferring a report on batches from an EMS to a county computer so he could read it.”

NOW he wants it to stop. Now that the leopard eating faces party has turned and eaten their faces, now they want it to stop. Stupid leopards were supposed to eat other people's faces!

They also want to fire the manager of the elections in my county because the entire system crashed on Election Day and people were given provisional ballots instead of regular paper ballots. That does sound pretty stupid, so maybe the guy should be fired.

There is a new ad for Warnock that is really funny. Apparently, Loeffler who has been spitting out horrible things about Warnock, once spoke at this church, said positive things about him, and said it would be an honor to return to the church again. OMG! Still, is anyone impacted by these ads? I doubt it. Most people will vote for the person with the R or the D after their names and nothing else will matter. Still, Loeffler and Perdue sure are a sleazy pair.

I am still waiting for my mail in ballot. The Georgia ballot site says that our ballots were prepared on November 18th but we haven't received them yet. If they don't come by the end of the week, I might apply again and put a note with the application that we haven't received the ballots yet. My friend, who just happens to be a Black female, received her ballot last week, so we can't say this is a racist thing. My white neighbor didn't get her ballot either. We are all anxious as we are all over 65 and we don't want to vote in person due to COVID.

There is a new ad for Warnock that is really funny. Apparently, Loeffler who has been spitting out horrible things about Warnock, once spoke at this church, said positive things about him, and said it would be an honor to return to the church again.
Sounds like the only ad they need to run.

I am still waiting for my mail in ballot. The Georgia ballot site says that our ballots were prepared on November 18th but we haven't received them yet. If they don't come by the end of the week, I might apply again and put a note with the application that we haven't received the ballots yet. My friend, who just happens to be a Black female, received her ballot last week, so we can't say this is a racist thing. My white neighbor didn't get her ballot either. We are all anxious as we are all over 65 and we don't want to vote in person due to COVID.
Regarding mail, I noticed my Jury summons arrived over a week after it was postmarked!

So Ossoff is campaigning today at some vegan joint on Ralph David Abernathy.

(tweet snipped for brevity)

I would think he and Dems in general already have a lock on both the vegan crowd and on the mostly black SW Atlanta. Would it not make more sense to try to reach other parts of the city and people not into veganism? What a missed opportunity!
Will David Perdue respond by showing up in a steakhouse? :D

I love this:
Justin Baragona on Twitter: "Here's Lin Wood telling Georgia Republicans NOT to vote for Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue next month.

"They have not earned your vote. Don't you give it to them. Why would you go back and vote in another rigged election for god's sake! Fix it! You gotta fix it!" https://t.co/Uvj1QIpqFL" / Twitter

Now the Republicans are being told to vote by mail. This is getting rather amusing.

https://www.ajc.com/politics/runoff-republicans-urge-georgians-to-vote-by-mail-despite-trumps-attacks/2I34OUQUKNB2LKDXV5S5T5MZZA/?utm_source=Iterable&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=campaign_1777513

When Vice President Mike Pence mentioned mail-in votes during a campaign stop for Georgia’s Republican Senate candidates, he was met with a smattering of boos from a crowd more accustomed to unsubstantiated claims of absentee ballot fraud.

Now, Republicans are encouraging supporters to embrace voting by mail ahead of Jan. 5 runoffs that will decide control of the U.S. Senate. With the potential for rainy or icy weather on election day, U.S. Sens. Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue and their GOP allies don’t want to take any chances.

The campaigns have urged voters to cast ballots early, either in person or by mail. Flyers and digital ads targeting reliably Republican households urge voter

By now, I imagine the Trump cultists are totally confused about how to vote in the runoff, or if they should vote at all.

Today's junk mail included a post care from Gail in California asking me to vote for Warnock and Ossoff and giving me detailed instructions on how to vote in Georgia. :D I guess I should give Gail credit for being concerned about me. ;)

According to the ballot checking site, my ballot has been mailed out, but all we received today were two applications for mail in ballots. I think Raffensperger is probably having all registered voters receive an application like they did in the presidential election, so we will wait a few more days to see if we receive our ballots, before we consider reapplying for another mail in ballot. We took a ride to make sure that the drop box is in place so we don't have to mail them. It's up and ready. I will be so fucking glad when this run off election is over!

Those people boycotting the runoff have a point. If the elections are really totally rigged, as many in the GOP have been saying, why vote?

I just got my mail in ballot and Stevie Wonder's 1970 hit keeps rolling around in my mind.....Singed sealed, delivered....Okay. It's signed and sealed but I haven't take it to the drop off box quite yet. :D I will do it later today or tomorrow and that will be a big relief.

2,596 Trades in One Term: Inside Senator Perdue’s Stock Portfolio

The Georgia Republican’s stock trades have far outpaced those of his Senate colleagues and have included a range of companies within his Senate committees’ oversight, an analysis shows.

Robert Reich said:
David Perdue’s corruption reaches far beyond the suspicious stock trades that have previously been reported. Aside from being the Senate’s most prolific stock trader, making a staggering 2,596 trades during his term, a deep dive into his trading indicates he has been making suspiciously well-timed trades long before the pandemic — often in industries that he oversees as a senator. Among them:

— Perdue bought and sold FireEye stock — a federal contractor that provides malware detection and threat-intelligence services — 61 times, beginning in 2016. Nearly half of those trades were made when he sat on the cybersecurity panel, and during that time FireEye secured a $30 million subcontract with the Army Cyber Command, which happens to be located in Perdue’s home state of Georgia. Perdue reported $15,000 in capital gains from FireEye trades in 2018.

— Perdue began buying stock in BWX Technologies, a company that supplies nuclear components for Navy submarines, about a month before he took over as chairman of the seapower subcommittee. As chairman, he added a multibillion-dollar nuclear submarine to the nation’s defenses — exactly the type that BWX Technologies provides components for. He earned as much as $50,000 in capital gains when he sold the company’s stock.

— Perdue began buying stock in Regions Financial, a mid-size regional lender in Alabama, in May 2017. Four months later, Perdue co-sponsored a Senate bill proposing to loosen regulations governing banks like Regions, and a version of his bill was signed into law by Trump in May 2018. Between Perdue’s first purchase of Regions stock and the time Trump signed his bill into law, the bank’s shares increased by 35 percent. Regions’ CEO has contributed to Perdue’s re-election campaign.

Those are just the highlights of his suspicious stock trades. One thing is clear: David Perdue is in the Senate to enrich himself at the expense of everyone else — not to serve the people of Georgia. Meanwhile, Jon Ossoff has dedicated his career to fighting and exposing corruption. Let’s elect him and Raphael Warnock to the Senate, and send Perdue and his fellow self-dealer Kelly Loeffler packing.

Many Inside Trades in One Term: Senator Perdue’s Criminal Portfolio

Many Inside Trades in One Term: Senator Perdue’s Criminal Portfolio

Yup. Looks like he spends way more time talking with his stock brokers than doing the people's business.

Pro-Trump attorneys tell Georgians not to vote in runoff until votes are 'secure' | TheHill
Lin Wood and Sidney Powell
Powell, whom the Trump campaign recently distanced itself from after she made baseless claims alleging widespread election fraud, reportedly said Wednesday that she encourages “all Georgians to make it known that you will not vote at all until your vote is secure — and I mean that regardless of party.”

“We can’t live in a republic, a free republic, unless we know our votes are legal and secure,” said Powell, who recently filed typo-filled lawsuits in Michigan and Georgia alleging election fraud and issues connected to voting machines without offering evidence.

In his pitch to voters, Wood reportedly said, “This is Georgia. We ain’t dumb. We’re not going to go vote on Jan. 5 on another machine made by China.”

“If Kelly Loeffler wants your vote, if David Perdue wants your vote, they’ve got to earn it,” Wood reportedly said. “They’ve got to demand publicly, repeatedly, consistently: Brian Kemp, call a special session of the Georgia state legislature. And if they do not do it ... they have not earned your vote.”

“They have not earned your vote,” Wood also said in reference to Loeffler and Perdue on Wednesday, according to The Daily Beast. “Why would you go back and vote in another rigged election, for God's sake? Fix it! You gotta fix it!”

Back
Top Bottom