• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Is Georgia on your mind?

Finally, evidence of voter fraud.

[TWEET]https://mobile.twitter.com/NicoleCarrWSB/status/1334254347195125761[/TWEET]

https://www.ajc.com/politics/abrams-fair-fight-raises-345-million-in-a-little-more-than-a-month/Q7ABUPHEZBBAVDA6PVHPQ4XOU4/

The voting rights organization Stacey Abrams founded in 2018 after losing a close gubernatorial election raised $34.5 million in just 39 days from late October to the last week of November, funneling a chunk of the money into helping Democratic candidates in key races.

The $34.5 million is about what the group had raised the previous two years.

Abrams and the organization have spent much of its time and money helping making sure people vote in almost two-dozen states, with a large investment in Georgia, where the former Democratic Georgia House leader is credited with helping Joe Biden win the state’s presidential contest.

Go Stacey!

Many Inside Trades in One Term: Senator Perdue’s Criminal Portfolio

Yeah. But every time they investigate him, nothing happens. I really don't think Georgia Republicans care about how corrupt their politicians are when it comes right down to it. There are quite a few Perdue signs in nearby neighborhoods. It's pretty obvious to me that the primary, or maybe the only reason the guy is in politics is to line his own pockets. Or at least it sure appears that way.

Florida attorney busted for voter fraud in Georgia — and for encouraging other Republicans to join him

Price told the crowd that he was moving to his brother’s address in Hiram, Georgia, to register to vote in the Jan. 5, and he spells out his brother’s name and address as other Republicans take notes, and some can be heard murmuring the information as they write.

“We can truly register at that address?” asks one woman.

“Sure,” Price says, but suggests having mail sent there to show a move to the state.

“And can it be anywhere in the state of Georgia you can register?” another woman asks. “So if you’ve got cousins, dogs, cats that live somewhere else, it doesn’t need to be one particular county?”

Georgia officials have been warning for weeks that registering to vote in the state with no intention of staying there can be punishable with felony charge that can carry up to a 10-year prison term and $100,000 fine.

Price told WSB that his comments at the meeting were intended as a joke, and he insisted that he hadn’t actually gone through with the actions that he had described last month.

“I did not change my voter registration and I don’t have 2 million roommates,” Price said. “But if my humorous comments bring attention to the massive and widespread voter fraud in Georgia, I would submit to you that it’s a good thing.”

However, WSB confirmed that Price had, in fact, registered to vote Nov. 8 using his brother’s address and swearing to an affidavit that he was a Georgia resident and eligible to vote.

“We clearly know that he is not,” said Deidre Holden, Paulding County’s election supervisor.

Holden said her office was going to write Price and ask him to bring in his driver’s license to “cure” and complete his registration, and her office had been contacted by state elections investigators who flagged his registration address and shared the Facebook Live video with her.

Florida attorney busted for voter fraud in Georgia — and for encouraging other Republicans to join him

Price told the crowd that he was moving to his brother’s address in Hiram, Georgia, to register to vote in the Jan. 5, and he spells out his brother’s name and address as other Republicans take notes, and some can be heard murmuring the information as they write.

There was a piece about this in the AJC this morning. But, to be honest, some Democrats have said they plan to do the same thing. It's pretty stupid to think that a few temporary Georgians are going to sway this election.

“We can truly register at that address?” asks one woman.

“Sure,” Price says, but suggests having mail sent there to show a move to the state.

“And can it be anywhere in the state of Georgia you can register?” another woman asks. “So if you’ve got cousins, dogs, cats that live somewhere else, it doesn’t need to be one particular county?”

Georgia officials have been warning for weeks that registering to vote in the state with no intention of staying there can be punishable with felony charge that can carry up to a 10-year prison term and $100,000 fine.

Price told WSB that his comments at the meeting were intended as a joke, and he insisted that he hadn’t actually gone through with the actions that he had described last month.

“I did not change my voter registration and I don’t have 2 million roommates,” Price said. “But if my humorous comments bring attention to the massive and widespread voter fraud in Georgia, I would submit to you that it’s a good thing.”

However, WSB confirmed that Price had, in fact, registered to vote Nov. 8 using his brother’s address and swearing to an affidavit that he was a Georgia resident and eligible to vote.

“We clearly know that he is not,” said Deidre Holden, Paulding County’s election supervisor.

Holden said her office was going to write Price and ask him to bring in his driver’s license to “cure” and complete his registration, and her office had been contacted by state elections investigators who flagged his registration address and shared the Facebook Live video with her.

There was a piece about this in the AJC today, but to be honest, some Democrats have said they plan to do the same thing. Hopefully, they realize that it's not legal to move here temporarily just to vote in the runoff election.

I got a phone call this morning from a Democratic Party volunteer asking me to vote. I told her that my ballot was filled out and ready to go. I don't think the woman who called me knew what to say after that. I usually don't answer the phone when I don't know who is calling me, but for some reason, I picked up the phone to see if it was a robocall. I didn't say anything but then the women started talking. While I appreciate the attempts to get out the vote, it's getting a little bit annoying to keep getting nagged about voting. I do hope they are able to convince some people who rarely vote to vote this time.

I had to help my neighbor fill out her ballot last night. She is extremely anxious about her high BP and literally would not have been able to fill it out without my help. I have a feeling this runoff election is going to be a mess if it's close.

I have a feeling this runoff election is going to be a mess if it's close.

You must be psychic! :D

Seriously, by now everyone knows that the closer it is the bigger the mess will be - but only if the Nazi Party candidates lose.

While I appreciate the attempts to get out the vote, it's getting a little bit annoying to keep getting nagged about voting

This reminds me of 2008.

Neither Doug not I are registered Democrats. But we'd both responded positively to email from democrats.

During the two weeks prior to the elections, we got at least six personal visits from the Obama campaign volunteers. Asking us if we'd already voted, did we need a ride to the polling station, was there anything else we wanted to know....
I kept telling them. I'm voting on election day and I'm voting for Obama(Doug wouldn't bother going to the door). It got tiresome.
Tom

While I appreciate the attempts to get out the vote, it's getting a little bit annoying to keep getting nagged about voting

This reminds me of 2008.

Neither Doug not I are registered Democrats. But we'd both responded positively to email from democrats.

During the two weeks prior to the elections, we got at least six personal visits from the Obama campaign volunteers. Asking us if we'd already voted, did we need a ride to the polling station, was there anything else we wanted to know....
I kept telling them. I'm voting on election day and I'm voting for Obama(Doug wouldn't bother going to the door). It got tiresome.
Tom

We don't register by party in Georgia, but I have given money to a few Democrats over the years, so I guess they assume that I'm a Democrat based on that.

One of my friends is totally freaking out because her husband got his mail in ballot but she didn't get her ballot yet. I had to try and calm her down and find the phone number of our local election board. I told her to text me if she gets an answer. I swear somebody is going to have a stroke or a heart attack worrying about this election.

I guess the Native Americans in Georgia are going to be next to be nagged to vote.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/04/us/politics/georgia-native-american-voters.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

But nearly 150,000 Native Americans still live in Georgia, by the Native voting rights group Four Directions’s estimate. They receive few government services and tend not to participate in nontribal elections, both because they face structural barriers — like hard-to-reach polling places and lack of voter ID — and because of the mistrust built by brutality and broken promises. Of the estimated 100,000 who are of voting age, only about 15,000 are registered to vote.

That's pretty sad.

Organizers and tribal leaders recognize that if even a few thousand more Native Americans were inspired and able to vote in Georgia, they could play a meaningful political role in a closely divided state where two runoff elections on Jan. 5 will decide which party controls the Senate. Buoyed by remarkable Native American turnout in other states last month, advocates are trying to make that happen at breakneck speed.

Apparently, Native Americans in Arizona helped flip the state so the hope is that Native Americans can do the same thing in Georgia if they can be motived to vote. But, they better hurry if they aren't registered because the last day to register for the runoff is December 7th. It doesn't look as if either party has done much for this group, but maybe if they become more engaged and begin voting in bigger numbers, they will be recognized. The article says that most people don't even realize that there are still many NA living in Georgia. I have to admit that this is something I've never given much thought, probably because I don't live near the areas that are populated by Native Americans.

And now for some comic relief.....

Two more pieces of election junk mail just arrived. One has a photo of Fidel Castro next to a photo of Warnock. It says that Warnock refuses to denounce Castro and he once threw a party for him. Not a word about the Republican candidates.

The other one was from that crook David Perdue. It says that he will defend our constitution, :rolleyes: protect your private health care, and restart our economy. No mention of how he's going to magically restart the economy.

The other side of the thing says that Ossoff is radical. He wants higher taxes, government health care and Supreme Court packing. Of course it doesn't say who he plans to raise taxes on, how the fuck he's going to get government run health care or pack the Supreme Court, especially since there are plenty of Democrats in Congress who don't support those things.

And, btw, Medicare isn't actually government run health care. Medicare simply pays for private health care and over a third of those of us on Medicare have chosen Advantage Plans, which are all run by private health care companies, not to mention that Part D and all supplements are run by private insurance companies. Do people not know that? I guess not enough do.

So, how much more junk mail and phone calls the we get before Jan. 5th? I just put our ballots in the drop off box....

Democrats should push for mandatory voting. I suppose this would have to be state-by-state, unfortunate since swing states often have GOP-controlled state governments which of course oppose voting, especially mandatory voting.

Many countries have mandatory voting. The penalty for not voting is usually tiny or even non-existent, but just making voting nominally "mandatory" increases turn-out.

... David Perdue appears to tacitly acknowledge Biden’s victory ...
Stop the presses! (This is what the GOP has come to. An acknowledgment that 2+2=4 would make headlines, since typically their pie-holes are utterly incapable of uttering truth.)

I just put our ballots in the drop off box....

Who did you vote for??? :rofl:

I voted for my two dogs of course. They would be much better senators than any of the others. :D

Trump is supposed to be in Valdosta, Georgia today for a rally for the two Republicans. I'm pretty sure that the whiney little bitch will do nothing more than complain about how the election was stolen from him. How can anyone trust an election in a southern state that went to the Democrat! I mean. What is the sense of voting since the election is so obviously fixed to favor the Democrats. Then, the two Republican candidates can ask Jethro to stop helping them again. ( For younger posters that reference is from the old comedy, "The Beverly Hillbillies". )

I just put our ballots in the drop off box....

Who did you vote for??? :rofl:

I voted for my two dogs of course. They would be much better senators than any of the others. :D

Trump is supposed to be in Valdosta, Georgia today for a rally for the two Republicans. I'm pretty sure that the whiney little bitch will do nothing more than complain about how the election was stolen from him. How can anyone trust an election in a southern state that went to the Democrat! I mean. What is the sense of voting since the election is so obviously fixed to favor the Democrats. Then, the two Republican candidates can ask Jethro to stop helping them again. ( For younger posters that reference is from the old comedy, "The Beverly Hillbillies". )

Careful there, SH. You might end up getting somebody's dog elected! :)
Seriously though - someone should take those two stockbrokers out back to the see-ment pond and hold 'em under for an hour or two.

Oh wait! The AJC published another article last night about Republicans who won't vote in the runoff. Oh no! I am so disappointed. /s

https://www.ajc.com/politics/faith-shaken-in-system-trumps-georgia-supporters-consider-skipping-us-senate-runoffs/4KPPDIUSVBEFZD6OTTPGUAQ2SE/

In short, she fits the profile of the type of Georgia voter that U.S. Sens. Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue would normally consider a lock to return to the polls for Jan. 5 runoffs that will decide control of the U.S. Senate.

But this isn’t a normal election. The Milton sales executive is among a vocal group of Trump loyalists in Georgia who believe the president’s repeatedly debunked claim that the vote was “rigged.” And though she abhors the thought of Democratic victories, she says she’s genuinely conflicted about voting in the January runoffs.

These people are seriously in need of help.

There has been a shift in enthusiasm among some regular Republican voters who will honestly tell you that they don’t know who they will vote for or are defensive about voting early or on Election Day,” said John Wood, a longtime activist in Savannah who has urged Republicans to vote.

“They want to tell you about their fears and essentially vent to someone about the frustrations — and their hopes that Trump will still be inaugurated for a second term,” Wood saud

They actually believe that Trump will somehow get a second term. WTF! I guess that's what happens when you become a victim of a cult. How else can one explain this?

Meanwhile, as I was sitting her typing, an anti Warnock ad appears on the tube telling me how dangerous Warnock is. Seriously! Is that the best the Repugs can come up with. Be afraid. Be afraid of the scary Black Baptist minister. I better go get some pearls to clutch.

Back
Top Bottom