• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

#IStandWithAhmed (or Inventing While Muslim is a thing?)

I don't buy it, the kid talks to the media just fine. and you are telling me he got shy talking to a teacher?
Also, explain why did he plug it during english class in the first place? and then suddenly got shy? what he thought was going to happen?

I didn't say he got shy. I said he got nervous. Straw man noted.
There were no strawmen intentions on my part. I suggest you first look for synonyms for a word "nervous"
and then reply to my post without being an asshole about it.

- - - Updated - - -

That was not a science project, that fact was established.

It doesn't have to be assigned by a teacher to be a project.

Who said it had to be assigned by a teacher to be a science project?
But you are right, having assignment would have helped a lot :)

It certainly looked very much like the Hollywood version of a time bomb that we see on TV and in movies.

Just be sure to cut the right wire. :)
Exactly, and I believe you are ordinary people :)
Yup, quite ordinary. However with a little experience with explosives back when I was in the service. Hollywood's version is a little silly but it is what people expect to see so, to fake one, it would have to look like Hollywood's version.

But then again, that "project" has everything necessary for a time bomb except for the explosive and cap. The only difference in appearance would be an innocuous looking block of blob of what looks like silly putty filling the empty area of the case with two wires going to the alarm buzzer.

There were no strawmen intentions on my part. I suggest you first look for synonyms for a word "nervous"

Just because shy can be a synonym of nervous doesn't mean the words are the same in context.

BTW, about being an asshole, mirrors, dude. Look into one.

- - - Updated - - -

Jeeezuz, now you're going to quibble about the word project? Weren't you the one that brought up synonyms?

Exactly, and I believe you are ordinary people :)
Yup, quite ordinary. However with a little experience with explosives back when I was in the service. Hollywood's version is a little silly but it is what people expect to see so, to fake one, it would have to look like Hollywood's version.
OK, I am gonna upgrade you to an expert.
But then again, that "project" has everything necessary for a time bomb except for the explosive and cap. The only difference in appearance would be an innocuous looking block of blob of what looks like silly putty filling the empty area of the case with two wires going to the alarm buzzer.
Yes, I believe I have the said the same thing - buzzer replaced with that thing which makes explosives to explode.
Anyway, police called it "bomb infrastructure".

Whatever you want to call it, it does not seem it is something appropriate to be plugging in during English class after another teacher has told you not to show it to anyone (presumably) because they might find it suspicious.

You get accused of strawmanning, so your solution is to attack someone personally, thus making yourself look worse? :D

getting accused != guilty.
And yes, I tend to tell people what I really think, you have a problem with that?

Yes, because it's not how civil discussion works.

Whatever you want to call it, it does not seem it is something appropriate to be plugging in during English class after another teacher has told you not to show it to anyone (presumably) because they might find it suspicious.

Whatever you want to say about the gadget or the kid who brought it to school and plugged it in, the responses by school staff and police were completely inappropriate.

- - - Updated - - -

Jeeezuz, now you're going to quibble about the word project? Weren't you the one that brought up synonyms?
Me? you are accusing me of quibbling?! You are fucking ridiculous.

Whatever you want to say about the gadget or the kid who brought it to school and plugged it in, the responses by school staff and police were completely inappropriate.

In a world where a kid gets a 2 day suspension for eating a pop tart into a gun shape?

This claim is completely unsubstantiated. In fact, the opposite was shown to be true.

You started it. And it appears you have no intention of having normal and rational discussion, if that's the case may I suggest talking to laughing dog?

If it's a rational discussion that you want, act like it. Attacking people is not a part of that.

You started it. And it appears you have no intention of having normal and rational discussion, if that's the case may I suggest talking to laughing dog?

If it's a rational discussion that you want, act like it. Attacking people is not a part of that.
Again, I was not the one who started attacking people

In a world where a kid gets a 2 day suspension for eating a pop tart into a gun shape?
I don't know the details of that case, but it sounds like it's just as ludicrous as this case. What's your point?

Back
Top Bottom