• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

#IStandWithAhmed (or Inventing While Muslim is a thing?)

I'm not chasing anymore red herrings. Start a new thread if you want to discuss that case.

It seems like it would have been less work just to answer the question.

But your extra effort to evade it is noted. Why should you have to articulate your principles with regard to similar incidents to flex your moral superiority on this incident, right?

Right. Now, any response to the points in my post regarding the actual topic of this thread?

Is there some reason you need to dodge that particular question?

The clock looked like a clock. Everybody knew it was clock. Clocks are not banned from school. Grenades do not look like anything but grenades. A dummy grenade and real grenade look like grenades and they look like that to everybody until examined by ammo experts. Grenades are banned from school. Your comparison is not a good one.

Now can we not discuss imagined grenades in hypothetical situations that didn't happen in Irving TX to Ahmed Mohamod and get back to things that actually did happen?
Repeating the same bullshit over and over is what got Ahmed arrested, of course he got to visit White House too, but I doubt you will get an invitation, so, what is the purpose of you doing this?

The clock looked like a clock. Everybody knew it was clock. Clocks are not banned from school. Grenades do not look like anything but grenades. A dummy grenade and real grenade look like grenades and they look like that to everybody until examined by ammo experts. Grenades are banned from school. Your comparison is not a good one.

Now can we not discuss imagined grenades in hypothetical situations that didn't happen in Irving TX to Ahmed Mohamod and get back to things that actually did happen?
Repeating the same bullshit over and over is what got Ahmed arrested, of course he got to visit White House too, but I doubt you will get an invitation, so, what is the purpose of you doing this?

I have already met the president (three in fact, AND I actually hugged this one and so did my momma PLUS SHE KISSED HIM). I have already been to the White House, more than once.

It appears to me that the Ahmed haters in their suits of envy green are the ones pissed that THEY, who are so much smarter than Ahmed, have never been invited to the white house, or probably anywhere else for that matter.

I have already met the president (three in fact, AND I actually hugged this one and so did my momma PLUS SHE KISSED HIM). I have already been to the White House, more than once.

It appears to me that the Ahmed haters in their suits of envy green are the ones pissed that THEY, who are so much smarter than Ahmed, have never been invited to the white house, or probably anywhere else for that matter.
Dude, psychology is way more complicated than what's is going on in your particular brain.

Dummy grenades look like dummy grenades to people who know what dummy grenades look like.

The thing you so confidently (and incorrectly) assert clearly looks like it could only be a clock looks like it could be a bomb to some. Even Artemus of the limited willingness to engage with questions acknowledges that. If your position requires denying this obvious reality your position isn't really very reasonable.

Was he arrested?

Heh, it is a crime in Texas to make a hoax bomb. Of course, you'd probably deny it was a hoax if you're caught.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=24&v=A4KOW92fbSM[/YOUTUBE]
To be fair, they could not see the size of that thing. That's not to say that there is not enough room for big fucking bomb, it's just in Hollywood movies they use real size suitcases.
So ignoring the size it's a perfect replica of Hollywood style time bomb, and if somebody says otherwise they need to have their heads checked and probably arrested by the police :)
All these people are actual students at university, I wish Ahmed good luck with making friends there.

Not really new developments but the longer this goes on and the more scrutiny he goes under, the more it looks like a lot of people have fallen for his jolly jape.

Well one kid that liked to doodle was expelled because he drew a pistol and a teacher saw it.
Was he arrested?
I really don't know. Do you mean by this that you think it is just dandy that a kid can be expelled for drawing a pistol? How about the kid that was expelled for playing "cops and robbers", pointed his finger at another kid playing with him and said "bang, bang". Do you have no problem with that expulsion - if he wasn't arrested?

But then there was a mother arrested and charged last year for rushing to a school because she got a frantic call from the teacher of her special needs child. She was admitted by school security but rushed to her kid's class forgetting to go to the office first to fill out whatever fucking paperwork they thought was necessary.

What if someone used a dummy grenade case and put a clock in it, with the time display on the outside of the grenade and the inner workings of the clock on the inside of the grenade? It's nothing other than a clock, and upon examining the inside of the grenade case, it would be obvious that there are no explosives in it. It would also be obvious that the case itself was fake after careful examination, even to the uneducated.

Something like this:

hand-grenade-alarm-clock.jpg

What if someone used a dummy grenade case and put a clock in it, with the time display on the outside of the grenade and the inner workings of the clock on the inside of the grenade? It's nothing other than a clock, and upon examining the inside of the grenade case, it would be obvious that there are no explosives in it. It would also be obvious that the case itself was fake after careful examination, even to the uneducated.

Something like this:

Well, since it's in a white person's hand it's obviously a clock.

Something like this:

Isn't that point of all this who does it? Would the clock hoax have been a national tabloid frenzy if instead of Ahmed it was Cameron, the white non-denominational Christian teenager? :confused:

Something like this:

tyTc1Nl.jpg

It certainly wasn't that clear that it was only a clock or a clock intended as a timer. I suspect that was the reason for the police interrogation. If Ahmed had put a block of play dough in the case with the "clock" then it would have scared the shit out of bomb experts resulting in evacuating the school until they examined it very closely and found it was only play dough. And there is nothing that I know of banning play dough from schools.

It certainly wasn't that clear that it was only a clock or a clock intended as a timer.
So by all means, confiscate if and find out. matter of fact you don't even have to go that deep. Confiscate it as it is a distraction to the rest of class. as someone who taught for eight years, I have no problem with take stuff kids aren't supposed to have and are causing distraction in the class.
I suspect that was the reason for the police interrogation.
FLAG ON THE PLAY! That's the problem. The police should never have been involved in this. If this was serious enough to call the police, then it was serious enough to evacuate the school and bring in the bomb squad. Those things didn't happen. that leaves you with just wanting to fuck with a 14 year old.
If Ahmed had put a block of play dough in the case with the "clock" then it would have scared the shit out of bomb experts until they examined it very closely and found it was only play dough.
And that would be a whole different scenario. one that DIDN'T happen. So let's try to stick to what did.

It certainly wasn't that clear that it was only a clock or a clock intended as a timer.
So by all means, confiscate if and find out. matter of fact you don't even have to go that deep. Confiscate it as it is a distraction to the rest of class. as someone who taught for eight years, I have no problem with take stuff kids aren't supposed to have and are causing distraction in the class.

FLAG ON THE PLAY! That's the problem. The police should never have been involved in this. If this was serious enough to call the police, then it was serious enough to evacuate the school and bring in the bomb squad. Those things didn't happen. that leaves you with just wanting to fuck with a 14 year old.
Then you agree that the problem is the fucking zero tolerance policies of the school and not a problem with the police who were only responding to a "bomb scare" call from the school. Those ZT polices are equal opportunity and many, many from all races, sexes, and religions have been subjected to arbitrary abuse by them. The hyperbolic hysteria over Ahmed is exactly that. He is just one of thousands. Attack the absurdity of ZT and I will agree with you. Try to make it a unique case of Islamophobia and you are only playing political games.
If Ahmed had put a block of play dough in the case with the "clock" then it would have scared the shit out of bomb experts until they examined it very closely and found it was only play dough.
And that would be a whole different scenario. one that DIDN'T happen. So let's try to stick to what did.
Yes it is a different scenario but is using the exact same reasoning. Play dough isn't banned but under the right circumstances it can be very suspicious. A clock is a clock unless it is also a timer. A block of what looks like play dough is a block of play dough unless it is C4.

Then you agree that the problem is the fucking zero tolerance policies of the school and not a problem with the police who were only responding to a "bomb scare" call from the school.
Yes and no. I agree that ZTP are A PROBLEM. I said earlier I would hire sky writers to publicize this point, if I had the money. The police, however, are not robots. upon arriving at the school and seeing that this was not a bomb, nor had it been represented as a bomb by the student in question, the police did NOT HAVE TO arrest Ahmed. And it certainly should not have taken MULTIPLE officers to question the boy, nor handcuffs to restrain the boy because no one has said he was physically out of control.
Those ZT polices are equal opportunity and many, many from all races, sexes, and religions have been subjected to arbitrary abuse by them. The hyperbolic hysteria over Ahmed is exactly that. He is just one of thousands. Attack the absurdity of ZT and I will agree with you. Try to make it a unique case of Islamophobia and you are only playing political games.
Yes it is a different scenario but is using the exact same reasoning. Play dough isn't banned but under the right circumstances it can be very suspicious.
There was no play dough. Making it an imaginary scenario and not what happened. Let's try to stick to what happened

Back
Top Bottom