• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

#IStandWithAhmed (or Inventing While Muslim is a thing?)

I wish you all good luck suing police for using handcuffs on 14 year old.
Once you've done that you should sue users of car seat restrains for babies on babies.

Once you've done that you should sue users of car seat restrains for babies on babies.
Even you can do better than that nonsense. The police are agents of the state. Seat restraints for babies are for safety reasons.

There would appear to be strong standing for a lawsuit alleging false arrest. As the link I gave earlier makes clear, the police must have probable cause to believe that a crime was committed or was about to be committed to make an arrest without first obtaining a warrant. The justification that the police gave for the arrest is "The student would only say that it was a clock and was not forthcoming at that time about any other details." I was astounded that they would say that as the SCOTUS has also made it quite clear that exercising fifth amendment rights does not constitute probable cause.

SCOTUS said:
It is relevant to define explicitly the spirit in which the Fifth Amendment's privilege against self-incrimination should be approached. ... This constitutional protection must not be interpreted in a hostile or niggardly spirit. Too many, even those who should be better advised, view this privilege as a shelter for wrongdoers.

The police were clearly in the wrong here and there will be (and should be) repercussions.

bardos said:

That is quite the non sequitur, even by the standards of this thread.

Last edited:
There would appear to be strong standing for a lawsuit alleging false arrest. As the link I gave earlier makes clear, the police must have probable cause to believe that a crime was committed or was about to be committed to make an arrest without first obtaining a warrant. The justification that the police gave for the arrest is "The student would only say that it was a clock and was not forthcoming at that time about any other details." I was astounded that they would say that as the SCOTUS has also made it quite clear that exercising fifth amendment rights does not constitute probable cause.
Good luck with that too.
SCOTUS said:
It is relevant to define explicitly the spirit in which the Fifth Amendment's privilege against self-incrimination should be approached. ... This constitutional protection must not be interpreted in a hostile or niggardly spirit. Too many, even those who should be better advised, view this privilege as a shelter for wrongdoers.

The police were clearly in the wrong here and there will be (and should be) repercussions.
Police were clearly correct, otherwise they will never be able to arrest anyone in school.
And you would have to sue US government too, including President Obama, for encouraging people report suspicious things.
bardos said:

That is quite the non sequitur, even by the standards of this thread.
You are not qualified to make such determination.

Good luck with that too.

Thank you for your good wishes, but it is not relevant to me. The family attorneys, on the other hand, will have excellent luck with it, I believe. If my reasoning is faulty please explain how and I will revise my conclusions appropriately.

bardos said:
SCOTUS said:

Police were clearly correct, otherwise they will never be able to arrest anyone in school.

Of course they will, when they have probable cause.

bardos said:
And you would have to sue US government too, including President Obama, for encouraging people report suspicious things.

Are you arguing that whenever someone reports an object as suspicious to them that the owner of the said object may/must be arrested, even in the absence of probable cause that the suspicion was well founded? Please provide a citation to the relevant local, state, or federal statute that is in force in Irving, Texas that requires that action.

Artemus said:
That is quite the non sequitur, even by the standards of this thread
bardos said:
You are not qualified to make such determination.

You are right. I did indeed fail to renew my certification as a professional non-sequitur detectologist a couple years back.

This Ahmed human keeps using word "invention"
This conspiracy could be to make leftists stupid :)
The whole thing is a fucking joke.

A fourteen year old over-estimating the significance of his accomplishments is worthy of arrest? When I was about that age I solved the mid-seventies energy crisis single-handedly (at least until I learned about those pesky laws of thermodynamics in physics class a bit later). I'm lucky I didn't spend a few years in juvey! (Or maybe what saved me is that my idea is actually used today, but it is called regenerative braking rather than perpetual motion.)

A fourteen year old over-estimating the significance of his accomplishments is worthy of arrest?
explains, explain arrests, and he was not over-estimating, to overestimate an accomplishment you need to have it in the first place.
When I was about that age I solved the mid-seventies energy crisis single-handedly (at least until I learned about those pesky laws of thermodynamics in physics class a bit later). I'm lucky I didn't spend a few years in juvey! (Or maybe what saved me is that my idea is actually used today, but they call it regenerative braking rather than perpetual motion.)
That's perfectly fine, you were not retarded, just mistaken.

leftists are hilarious
Buddy, you're the one scared of a little circuit board with a ribbon cable, not us "leftists". It looks like a bomb to you and Billy Maher?? Every fucking homemade electronic device has about the same components, and would look about the same without a housing case. Ignorance is no excuse for paranoia.

You know the terrorists are laughing that people like you see a bomb in these pictures, right? This kind of paranoid overreacting is exactly the kind of environment that encourages further stunts like this.

I think the kid could simply be retarded, something is definitely wrong with his head.
Having seen a clip of the kid showing one of his "inventions" (the circuit board from inside a DVD player) I think he is a bit soft in the head. A window licker.

But it is fucking hilarious watching all the idiots fall over themselves to get the retard onto a pedestal.

I think the kid could simply be retarded, something is definitely wrong with his head.
Having seen a clip of the kid showing one of his "inventions" (the circuit board from inside a DVD player) I think he is a bit soft in the head. A window licker.

But it is fucking hilarious watching all the idiots fall over themselves to get the retard onto a pedestal.

What is it with all the personal attacks directed at the kid?

It makes no difference if he's a "window licker" or the next Thomas Edison. His intelligence, personality, academic achievements, and engineering skills aren't the issue. The issue is how the school administration and the cops reacted to him when he brought his little case modded clock to school to show to his teacher.

The only people putting Ahmed on a pedestal are his critics, who want him up there so they can knock him down.

Last edited:

Leave it to left MSM, the twitter mobs, and the left internet blogs to turn a local detention, one of 10s (100s?) of thousands of 50-state juvenile detentions, into an emmy nomination for best theatrical outrage and crocodile tears. The US navy's latest sonar and the NSA's best eavesdropping is deaf compared to left's omnipresent "hate" detectors - after all, the slightest ping of "hate" across the vast expanse of static is instantly detected, located, and targeted...moments later followed by the launch of gullible rage torpedos.

And as usual with these stories, soon after the MSM and left has become a whirling dervish of sputtering nonsense, the truth seeps out. Its increasingly clear that this young fellow and his family have played the Western media and Obama (not an unusual event).

Turns out Ahmed's dad is some kind of Islamist kook. The Washington Post reported in 2011, after debating a Koran burning pastor:

Elhassan, a native of the Sudan who is now an American citizen, likes to call himself a sheik. He wears a cleric’s flowing white robes and claims hundreds of followers throughout Egypt, Sudan and in the United States. But he is unknown as a scholar or holy man in the state he has called home for two decades. Religious leaders in Texas say they have never heard of Elhassan, including the imam at the mosque where he worships.

It also turned out the Elhassan prompted the boy to take his "bomb looking" disassembled 1970s radio shack to school, for reasons that are apparent. And when when questioned by Mark Cuban, the boy's sister was heard providing the faux inventor with the 'right' answers. The same sister that got suspended from the same high school for inciting a bomb scare two or three years ago.

Ahmed thinks it was "kinda cool to get arrested" knowing he was innocent - probably for him as cool as getting the President of the United States to celebrate a Muslim immigrants contribution to hoaxing with a deconstruction of an old clock radio 'in a box'.

Not all lefties are falling for it. Bill Maher is not. Another is Richard Dawkins who, at first, did fall for it. He has since seen how he was played. All this attention for what? A fraud "invention" likely intended to spook some teachers.

Quote from:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...ould-be-burned/2011/04/05/AFKNR3oC_story.html

What is it with all the personal attacks directed at the kid?

You're right, it's a bit strong to have a go at the kid. But I still say he's a bit soft in the head.

It makes no difference if he's a "window licker" or the next Thomas Edison. His intelligence, personality, academic achievements, and engineering skills aren't the issue. The issue is how the school administration and the cops reacted to him when he brought his little case modded clock to school to show to his teacher.

Well for some maybe but I'm beyond that. The issue is the circus now going on about this kid and his "inventions" and tv appearances like he's discovered a cure for cancer.

The only people putting Ahmed on a pedestal are his critics, who want him up there so they can knock him down.

That's your opinion but I am not convinced that's what's going on here.

Back
Top Bottom