• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

#IStandWithAhmed (or Inventing While Muslim is a thing?)

I am beginning to think that there was no arrest of Ahmed, that he was only held for questioning. I have been searching the arrest records and found ten Ahmed Muhammads arrested in the whole state of Texas (none in Irvine) and the youngest was twenty-five years old. Is it possible that the claim of an arrest was just typical media ignorance assuming that if someone was questioned in the police department then they must have been arrested?

I was looking for it to see exactly what the charge was but apparently there was no charges.
You can be arrested and have no formal charges against you.

My impression he was questioned in school (without handcuffs) and then handcuffеd and transported to juvenile detention center.
Nothing out of ordinary in police behavior.
No, he was not officially charged, but he was certainly told what was it all about.
That was my thinking too after not finding an arrest record. If there was an arrest then there would have had to be a charge. However I have found more Ahmeds using different spellings for Mohamed but none that fit this incident.
What website do you use?

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=24&v=A4KOW92fbSM[/YOUTUBE]
Still no comments from leftists? How predictable.
So what? People are ignorant - it's how we got religion. A bunch of dumbass students that can barely pass the lowest levels of education, thinking a clock is a bomb, does not surprise me in the least. This is just a bandwagon argument, that one would expect from an apologist.

That was my thinking too after not finding an arrest record. If there was an arrest then there would have had to be a charge. However I have found more Ahmeds using different spellings for Mohamed but none that fit this incident.
What website do you use?
I used two different sites. The first was the Irvine public records (ended up in Texas public records). The other was a police records search site I found with google but don't remember the URL.

I am beginning to think that there was no arrest of Ahmed, that he was only held for questioning. I have been searching the arrest records and found ten Ahmed Muhammads arrested in the whole state of Texas (none in Irvine) and the youngest was twenty-five years old. Is it possible that the claim of an arrest was just typical media ignorance assuming that if someone was questioned in the police department then they must have been arrested?

I was looking for it to see exactly what the charge was but apparently there was no charges.
Well maybe you can give us a link to the Irving police department arrest record for Ahmed. You should have no problem finding it.

But no. I don't think you can be arrested without charges. You can be detained for questioning without charges however.

Last edited:
What website do you use?
I used two different sites. The first was the Irvine public records (ended up in Texas public records). The other was a police records search site I found with google but don't remember the URL.
There could be nonuniform time delay for different counties. Are there any other 14 year olds? Just wonder if children are not somehow shown to everybody.
Anyway here is what wikipedia on the incident compiled:
In September 2015, Ahmed Mohamed, a 14-year-old Muslim Sudanese American high school freshman, was detained by police at school in Irving, Texas, under suspicion of possessing a hoax bomb. He had brought the internals of a commercial digital clock inside a locking pencil box to school to show to his teachers. Mohamed was interrogated, taken into custody by police, handcuffed, transported to a juvenile detention facility, fingerprinted, and his mug shot was taken. He was then released with no charges filed but was suspended from school for three days.
So no, no charges were filed and he was questioned in school not in the police as some media/leftist claimed

Well maybe you can give us a link to the Irvine police department arrest record for Ahmed. You should have no problem finding it.

But no. I don't think you can be arrested without charges. You can be detained for questioning without charges however.
It's not going to be in Irving TX. Dallas County would have the record of the arrest on it's website if it did happen. But it's not uncommon for it be unlisted but 'in the system' with him being a minor. I know my arrest form ten years ago (for marijuana ashes in a car that wasn't mine) is not listed in their data base, while my dads from some thirty years ago is. That's just typical Texas for you, and why I'm very skeptical of the professionalism of the cops in this case.

And yes, it would be more accurate to say that one can be detained without charges, rather than arrested. It's really the same thing in principle. Police can still hold you up to a full day without formally charging you with anything - it's mainly a method of buying time for the police to go through the book, and come up with something.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=24&v=A4KOW92fbSM[/YOUTUBE]
Still no comments from leftists? How predictable.
So what? People are ignorant - it's how we got religion. A bunch of dumbass students that can barely pass the lowest levels of education, thinking a clock is a bomb, does not surprise me in the least. This is just a bandwagon argument, that one would expect from an apologist.
You forgot that bomb experts (including skepticalbip) agree with these dumbass students.
Not to mention university professors, yes some of these dumbass deconstruction videos was actually done by an university professor.
There is the whole lot of dumbasses out there, including biggest one of them all - Dawkins

You forgot that bomb experts (including skepticalbip) agree with these dumbass students.
Not to mention university professors, yes some of these dumbass deconstruction videos was actually done by an university professor.
There is the whole lot of dumbasses out there, including biggest one of them all - Dawkins
And even liberal comedians like Bill Maher who gets visibly pissed at leftists who insist it doesn't look like a bomb.

Well maybe you can give us a link to the Irvine police department arrest record for Ahmed. You should have no problem finding it.

It's not going to be in Irving TX. Dallas County would have the record of the arrest on it's website if it did happen. But it's not uncommon for it be unlisted but 'in the system' with him being a minor. I know my arrest form ten years ago (for marijuana ashes in a car that wasn't mine) is not listed in their data base, while my dads from some thirty years ago is. That's just typical Texas for you, and why I'm very skeptical of the professionalism of the cops in this case.

And yes, it would be more accurate to say that one can be detained without charges, rather than arrested. It's really the same thing in principle. Police can still hold you up to a full day without formally charging you with anything - it's mainly a method of buying time for the police to go through the book, and come up with something.
Detention may feel like an arrest for a short time by the one experiencing it but legally it is a very, very different thing. If arrested, the person does not get out before the trial without a judge granting release or bail.

And yet resisting detention is the same as resisting arrest. You don't get to simply walk away or pull back your hands when the cops are putting on the handcuffs. You can't refuse to get into the police car.

The legal terminology might be different, and the conditions of your release might be different, but when they detain you, you're under arrest. And when they put you in handcuffs, you damn well know it.

And even liberal comedians like Bill Maher who gets visibly pissed at leftists who insist it doesn't look like a bomb.

Yes, I posted this video couple days ago too, local leftists said they hate Maher (and Dawkins for that matter) :)

- - - Updated - - -

And while that little liar was arrested for hoax bomb, he and his whole family will be charged with fraud.

What lie did he tell?

Please answer the question this time.
I already did, like million times.

And while that little liar was arrested for hoax bomb, he and his whole family will be charged with fraud.

What lie did he tell?

Please answer the question this time.
I already did, like million times.

Not in this thread. Not even once.

What lie did he tell?
Here:

That's not an answer. It looks like a troll, or just screwing around.

Please support your claim. What lie did he tell?

Last edited:

The boy is a minor. His arrest would not be listed with adult offenders and probably would not be available for review to the general public.

Detention may feel like an arrest for a short time by the one experiencing it but legally it is a very, very different thing. If arrested, the person does not get out before the trial without a judge granting release or bail.

When a 14-year-old kid is "perp walked" in handcuffs in front of his classmates, after being questioned for an hour and a half by police without his parents present in spite of him asking for his parents - you are really making a distinction without a difference.

It is the "perp walk" in handcuffs in front of his classmates, after being questioned for an hour and a half by police without his parents present in spite of him asking for his parents that is at issue here. Not what anyone calls it.

Moreover, as he is a minor, his records will not be public

When a 14-year-old kid is "perp walked" in handcuffs in front of his classmates, after being questioned for an hour and a half by police without his parents present in spite of him asking for his parents - you are really making a distinction without a difference.

It is the "perp walk" in handcuffs in front of his classmates, after being questioned for an hour and a half by police without his parents present in spite of him asking for his parents that is at issue here. Not what anyone calls it.

Moreover, as he is a minor, his records will not be public

From Legal Dictionary:

Legal Dictionary said:
Arrest

A seizure or forcible restraint; an exercise of the power to deprive a person of his or her liberty; the taking or keeping of a person in custody by legal authority, especially, in response to a criminal charge.

An arrest may occur (1) by the touching or putting hands on the arrestee; (2) by any act that indicates an intention to take the arrestee into custody and that subjects the arrestee to the actual control and will of the person making the arrest; or (3) by the consent of the person to be arrested. There is no arrest where there is no restraint, and the restraint must be under real or pretended legal authority. However, the detention of a person need not be accompanied by formal words of arrest or a station house booking to constitute an arrest.

The test used to determine whether an arrest took place in a particular case is objective, and it turns on whether a reasonable person under these circumstances would believe he or she was restrained or free to go

I do believe that any reasonable person would conclude that being handcuffed and taken to the police station is being restrained and not free to go.

ETA: Please note that "However, the detention of a person need not be accompanied by formal words of arrest or a station house booking to constitute an arrest"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom