• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

#IStandWithAhmed (or Inventing While Muslim is a thing?)

For the million time, he was arrested for a hoax bomb and acting weird.
And school/police did not overreact. It is leftist media who overreacted.
Right on for Zoroaster's sake! After all the bombings happening all over the world, the authorities most definitely did not overreact!

I am no lover of Islam, but still something tells me you guys are defending the indefensible. The kid did his damage by proving what a bunch of horses' asses the ignorant school officials turned out to be and it seems you two are jumping right in there with them...are you really thinking every Muslim kid is out to blow you up? Get over it! You're not worth the trouble.

Your problem is that you and a great many others in our country will not let anybody who is a Muslim have a single innocent thought, idea, or intention.

Right on for Zoroaster's sake! After all the bombings happening all over the world, the authorities most definitely did not overreact!

I am no lover of Islam, but still something tells me you guys are defending the indefensible. The kid did his damage by proving what a bunch of horses' asses the ignorant school officials turned out to be and it seems you two are jumping right in there with them...are you really thinking every Muslim kid is out to blow you up? Get over it! You're not worth the trouble.

Your problem is that you and a great many others in our country will not let anybody who is a Muslim have a single innocent thought, idea, or intention.
Like I said, we look like a bunch of pussies being afraid of every unidentified electronic object (UEO).

Leftist! Leftist! Leftist! Leftist!:D

A better job a fooling his nitwit admirers who believe he actually made a clock, and who was innocent of hoaxing.
I don't think he actually fooled his admirers. Leftists are virtually incapable psychologically of holding Muslims accountable. Even in egregious cases of Islamic evil like ISIS crucifying people, leftists must mention distant past Christian atrocities before they can even muster any condemnation. So in a case like this where no one was hurt and there was a glimmer of plausible deniability by the perpetrator of the hoax of course they're going to blindly defend the poor Muslim boy.
What are you, Bill O'Reilly? Not jumping on every single case of paranoid 'Boy That Cried Wolf' bullshit freak-out, does not make a person a liberal. It seems like some of you have a mental phobia of everyone that looks middle-eastern - to the point that you'll be incapable of rational dialogue.

You are not qualified to make such determination.
Islamaphobes are hilarious.
Right, because he's so qualified to make the call.:rolleyes:

Does anyone honestly believe the school and cops would have reacted the same towards a kid with different ethnicity? We can bullshit ourselves of course, but I think the answer is obviously, no.

I don't think he actually fooled his admirers. Leftists are virtually incapable psychologically of holding Muslims accountable. Even in egregious cases of Islamic evil like ISIS crucifying people, leftists must mention distant past Christian atrocities before they can even muster any condemnation. So in a case like this where no one was hurt and there was a glimmer of plausible deniability by the perpetrator of the hoax of course they're going to blindly defend the poor Muslim boy.
What are you, Bill O'Reilly? Not jumping on every single case of paranoid 'Boy That Cried Wolf' bullshit freak-out, does not make a person a liberal. It seems like some of you have a mental phobia of everyone that looks middle-eastern - to the point that you'll be incapable of rational dialogue.
I think you are misinterpreting the concern of the school and police. This is all happening in an atmosphere of out of control Zero Tolerance policies that are in place. An atmosphere where a kid sketching a pistol is expelled, where kids playing "cops and robbers" are expelled for pointing their fingers at each other and saying "bang", where the mother of a special needs child rushes to her kids class because of a frantic call from the teacher only to be arrested and charged with criminal trespass for not filling out all the paperwork first. All these are absolutely absurd over reactions.

This is a case where there is there is a device that can actually be used as a timer for a time bomb and looks like the props that are used in Hollywood movies as briefcase bombs. It wasn’t a nibbled pop tart or little molded plastic soldier, both of which kids have been stupidly expelled for. There was no concern that I have heard of from the school or the police that it was actually a bomb. Their concern was why would a kid make something that looked like Hollywood’s version of a bomb, and could actually be used in making a bomb. This is worth questioning to try to find what is on the kid’s mind, if anything. My understanding is that it escalated as far as it did because he wouldn’t say anything more than that it was a clock.

The fact that he happens to be Muslim is a strawman. Most of the really absurd arrests and expulsions were not Muslim. Is there any reason that you can think of that only Muslims should be exempt from "suspicion"?

I think you are misinterpreting the concern of the school and police. This is all happening in an atmosphere of out of control Zero Tolerance policies that are in place. An atmosphere where a kid sketching a pistol is expelled, where kids playing "cops and robbers" are expelled for pointing their fingers at each other and saying "bang", where the mother of a special needs child rushes to her kids class because of a frantic call from the teacher only to be arrested and charged with criminal trespass for not filling out all the paperwork first. All these are absolutely absurd over reactions.

This is a case where there is there is a device that can actually be used as a timer for a time bomb and looks like the props that are used in Hollywood movies as briefcase bombs. It wasn’t a nibbled pop tart or little molded plastic soldier, both of which kids have been stupidly expelled for. There was no concern that I have heard of from the school or the police that it was actually a bomb. Their concern was why would a kid make something that looked like Hollywood’s version of a bomb, and could actually be used in making a bomb. This is worth questioning to try to find what is on the kid’s mind, if anything. My understanding is that it escalated as far as it did because he wouldn’t say anything more than that it was a clock.

The fact that he happens to be Muslim is a strawman. Most of the really absurd arrests and expulsions were not Muslim. Is there any reason that you can think of that only Muslims should be exempt from "suspicion"?
Since we don't hear or see all of the situations where zero tolerance does not result in such over-reactions over obvious non-weapons, your response has little merit. The child was not required to allay the suspicions and fear of the police or the school authorities. The child did not say the clock was a bomb nor was there any reported reason to think this was some sort of bomb hoax (i.e. intent to fool people).

Since we don't hear or see all of the situations where zero tolerance does not result in such over-reactions over obvious non-weapons, your response has little merit. The child was not required to allay the suspicions and fear of the police or the school authorities. The child did not say the clock was a bomb nor was there any reported reason to think this was some sort of bomb hoax (i.e. intent to fool people).
We don't hear or see all the situations where zero tolerance does result in such over-reactions either. The best I can see is that the only reason the media is in such a feeding frenzy over this one is that he was Muslim. That is my question, Why the fuck doesn't the media point out the abuses of ZT programs rather than trying to present this as nothing more than Islamophobia?

Not really. From what I can see, the school jumped to conclusion from the outset, without bothering to slow down, and ask some questions. They initially did believe it was a possible bomb - which is why the police were called. Then when it became clear there was no "bomb" they just charged with impossible to disprove crime of "hoaxing". I honestly don't know what you expect the kid to do. If it's just a clock (and it is) then I would probably stick to the story myself given the same circumstances. Besides, I doubt the could have understood a technical explanation anyways, given that they took it for a bomb to being with.

Not really. From what I can see, the school jumped to conclusion from the outset, without bothering to slow down, and ask some questions. They initially did believe it was a possible bomb - which is why the police were called. Then when it became clear there was no "bomb" they just charged with impossible to disprove crime of "hoaxing". I honestly don't know what you expect the kid to do. If it's just a clock (and it is) then I would probably stick to the story myself given the same circumstances. Besides, I doubt the could have understood a technical explanation anyways, given that they took it for a bomb to being with.
The problem is that we can only rely on second and third hand reports. The scenario that I have heard from several different sources is that the Engineering Teacher saw it and told him to keep it in his backpack because it may frighten others. The English teacher told him to put it away for the same reason and that it made her nervous. He did but he plugged it in and the alarm went off disrupting the class. I have heard, in none of the reports, that anyone thought it was an actual bomb. I have only heard that from comedians and Ahmed supporters in this forum. But then maybe I just don't get out much.

I figure that. since the school wasn't evacuated and the police didn't respond with the bomb squad to the call, that they didn't think it was an actual bomb.

Last edited:
leftists are hilarious
Buddy, you're the one scared of a little circuit board with a ribbon cable, not us "leftists". It looks like a bomb to you and Billy Maher?? Every fucking homemade electronic device has about the same components, and would look about the same without a housing case. Ignorance is no excuse for paranoia.

You know the terrorists are laughing that people like you see a bomb in these pictures, right? This kind of paranoid overreacting is exactly the kind of environment that encourages further stunts like this.

I am not scared of that particular circuit board in the case. I am scared of leftist's complete lack of intelligence and their fanatic obsession with seeing islamophobia everywhere. I think people should be able to do their work without being harassed hordes of leftist degenerates who don't listen and don't care for any explanation

Last edited:
I think people should be able to do their work without being harassed hordes of leftist degenerates who don't not listen and don't care for any explanation

Recommendation:

More English as a Second Language classes.

Do I think that this was all set-up? It could be. Obviously, the kid never invented anything, and simply gutted a clock. Does that mean his intentions were for it to appear as bomb, and cause a panic? It's hard to tell.

That said, it really doesn't matter. I don't care about 'Islamophobia' to be all that honest. What I care about is 'Electronophobia'. This fear of all electronics that one is unable to identify is out of control. A circuit board with a ribbon cable is not a bomb, nor is anything with some wires sticking out. It should not have taken all day to identify what this device was, and then continue to hold the boy in custody simply because the school looked foolish.
Are you afraid of Electronophobia? can you sleep at night?

Do I think that this was all set-up? It could be. Obviously, the kid never invented anything, and simply gutted a clock. Does that mean his intentions were for it to appear as bomb, and cause a panic? It's hard to tell.

That said, it really doesn't matter. I don't care about 'Islamophobia' to be all that honest. What I care about is 'Electronophobia'. This fear of all electronics that one is unable to identify is out of control. A circuit board with a ribbon cable is not a bomb, nor is anything with some wires sticking out. It should not have taken all day to identify what this device was, and then continue to hold the boy in custody simply because the school looked foolish.
Are you afraid of Electronophobia? can you sleep at night?

It's more of a case of being used to batshit insane conspiracy theories being perpetuated by the Right, so the bullshit alarms go off very early.

You know this situations aren't all that similar, ya?
Of course he knows, do you think he can't see that kid is white?

That's not why they're different, dude. It has to do with the pop tart kids history of screwing around in class and the like. His disruptive behavior was what got him in trouble. The "poptart gun" wasn't a critical factor.

Back
Top Bottom