• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

#IStandWithAhmed (or Inventing While Muslim is a thing?)

That's not why they're different, dude. It has to do with the pop tart kids history of screwing around in class and the like. His disruptive behavior was what got him in trouble. The "poptart gun" wasn't a critical factor.
suuuuuure

yep

link said:
“We had not been able to make him understand that he had to follow the rules,” Sandra Blondell, principal at Park Elementary School, testified during an appeals hearing Tuesday that lasted more than six hours in what has become known as “the Pop-Tart case.”

Blondell said that the child, then 7 years old and diagnosed with ADHD, received the two-day suspension after repeated problems and lost instructional time. “This must have been probably the 15th or 20th time there was a classroom disruption,” she said.

The testimony marked Anne Arundel’s first public account of a case that has dragged on for 14 months and attracted national attention.

Schools have various restrictions on what they are legally allowed to publicly say concerning students, privacy concerns you understand. It's very easy for incorrect information to become widespread when the faculty are legally unable to offer a counter point.

Please try a bit harder barbos, this is kind of boring

suuuuuure

yep

link said:
“We had not been able to make him understand that he had to follow the rules,” Sandra Blondell, principal at Park Elementary School, testified during an appeals hearing Tuesday that lasted more than six hours in what has become known as “the Pop-Tart case.”

Blondell said that the child, then 7 years old and diagnosed with ADHD, received the two-day suspension after repeated problems and lost instructional time. “This must have been probably the 15th or 20th time there was a classroom disruption,” she said.

The testimony marked Anne Arundel’s first public account of a case that has dragged on for 14 months and attracted national attention.

Schools have various restrictions on what they are legally allowed to publicly say concerning students, privacy concerns you understand. It's very easy for incorrect information to become widespread when the faculty are legally unable to offer a counter point.

You and leftists media displayed remarkable understanding and agreement with school officials when boy was white, and none of that when the boy was muslim.

yep

link said:

You and leftists media displayed remarkable understanding and agreement with school officials when boy was white, and none of that when the boy was muslim.

Boring non sequitur is boring. The two cases have core differences. Deal with it or make a fool of yourself. The choice is yours

yep

link said:

Boring non sequitur is boring. The two cases have core differences. Deal with it or make a fool of yourself. The choice is yours
Boring is you. Two cases have only one core difference and that difference is what I said it is, Deal with it

yep

link said:

Boring is you. Two cases have only one difference and that difference is what I said it is, Deal with it

Well, either you're lying or an idiot. Have fun

yep

link said:

Boring is you. Two cases have only one difference and that difference is what I said it is, Deal with it

Well, either you're lying or an idiot. Have fun
typical leftist

See, I know for a fact this is the first time I've ever replied to you so how do you imagine you know anything about my political beliefs?

See, I know for a fact this is the first time I've ever replied to you so how do you imagine you know anything about my political beliefs?
I don't care about your beliefs, I said you look and behave like a typical leftist.

Buddy, you're the one scared of a little circuit board with a ribbon cable, not us "leftists". It looks like a bomb to you and Billy Maher?? Every fucking homemade electronic device has about the same components, and would look about the same without a housing case. Ignorance is no excuse for paranoia.

You know the terrorists are laughing that people like you see a bomb in these pictures, right? This kind of paranoid overreacting is exactly the kind of environment that encourages further stunts like this.

I am not scared of that particular circuit board in the case. I am scared of leftist's complete lack of intelligence and their fanatic obsession with seeing islamophobia everywhere. I think people should be able to do their work without being harassed hordes of leftist degenerates who don't listen and don't care for any explanation

Will you cut it out! You're making too much sense here!

Do I think that this was all set-up? It could be. Obviously, the kid never invented anything, and simply gutted a clock. Does that mean his intentions were for it to appear as bomb, and cause a panic? It's hard to tell.

That said, it really doesn't matter. I don't care about 'Islamophobia' to be all that honest. What I care about is 'Electronophobia'. This fear of all electronics that one is unable to identify is out of control. A circuit board with a ribbon cable is not a bomb, nor is anything with some wires sticking out. It should not have taken all day to identify what this device was, and then continue to hold the boy in custody simply because the school looked foolish.
Are you afraid of Electronophobia? can you sleep at night?
Alright.

I am not scared of that particular circuit board in the case. I am scared of leftist's complete lack of intelligence and their fanatic obsession with seeing islamophobia everywhere. I think people should be able to do their work without being harassed hordes of leftist degenerates who don't listen and don't care for any explanation
^
The average FOX news viewer.:D

Are you afraid of Electronophobia? can you sleep at night?
Alright.

^
Yes, Dawkins and Chris Mathews are your average FOX news viewers

Alright.

^
I couldn't give less than a shit what they have to say about it.

Alright.

^
I couldn't give less than a shit what they have to say about it.
Right, they are your typical FoxNews viewers and you couldn't give less than a shit what they have to say, got it.

Anybody that can see his bullshit for what it is.
I am afraid it's in your head.
Uh, huh. If you say so.:confused2:

glennbeck.jpg

Well, if you want to talk about media circuses, and how a minor incident becomes a battlefield in the culture wars, that's cool. It's an interesting topic and well suited to the Politics forum. But please stop calling the kid retarded just because you aren't impressed with his accomplishments and you want to counter what you think is excessive praise. He's 14 years old ffs, and still in middle school. So what if his clock looks like a kid built it?

He didn't build it, he took it out of a 1970s table clock casing and claimed he built it.

That depends on how you define the term "build". Do people in Mexico build Dodge trucks, or do they just take parts out of shipping containers and stick them into truck shaped housings?

It was a hoax device, that he knew could look threatening (he said so).

You have no evidence it was a hoax device. None.

And from what I have read about the interviews with the police, the cops kept asking him if he understood that some people might think it looked threatening until he agreed with them. He did not say he personally thought it looked threatening, or that he intended it to look threatening.

Well, if you want to talk about media circuses, and how a minor incident becomes a battlefield in the culture wars, that's cool. It's an interesting topic and well suited to the Politics forum. But please stop calling the kid retarded just because you aren't impressed with his accomplishments and you want to counter what you think is excessive praise. He's 14 years old ffs, and still in middle school. So what if his clock looks like a kid built it?

The problem I have is that Ahmed is a "special" Olympic athlete being passed off as if he's Usain Bolt.

He's not "special'. He's not special, either. He's pretty ordinary for a 14 year old interested in robotics.

As for being passed off as Usain Bolt, the only people I see doing it are being sarcastic. It's a strawman argument, and a pretty nasty one at that. I don't know why people are attacking the kid on a personal level like this. It makes no sense. If you want to criticize people for giving the kid too much credit, go after the ones giving him too much credit. Don't keep attacking the kid.

Back
Top Bottom