• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

#IStandWithAhmed (or Inventing While Muslim is a thing?)

A hoax bomb today, a real bomb tomorrow!

Thank you for once again making the point that anti-Muslim bigotry is a significant factor in how this story is being presented and perceived.

Being anti muslim is bigotry? What about being anti catholic, is that also bigotry? If so, then yes I'm a bigot!

Being anti muslim is bigotry? What about being anti catholic, is that also bigotry? If so, then yes I'm a bigot!

Anti-Muslim bigotry is bigotry.

Anti-Catholic bigotry is bigotry.

It's pretty simple.

Anti-furry bigotry is bigotry.

See how easy it is?

Thank you for once again making the point that anti-Muslim bigotry is a significant factor in how this story is being presented and perceived.
He did not mention religious affiliation of that 14 year old attention whore

He's mentioned it plenty in this thread.

I would call you out on that 'attention whore' slur, but you still haven't answered this:

And while that little liar was arrested for hoax bomb, he and his whole family will be charged with fraud.

What lie did he tell?

Please answer the question this time.
I already did, like million times.

Not in this thread. Not even once.

What lie did he tell?

and I don't want you to get distracted again.

You keep bringing that hypothetical up as if it is relevant. It isn't, since no one is arguing that authorities should not act if they suspect a real bomb. In this case, they very quickly knew Ahmed did not have a real bomb. This has been pointed out a number of times to you, yet you keep bringing up your ridiculous straw man. What exactly is your problem here?

How quickly was it discovered that this posed no threat? An hour, half an hour? How many cops know anything about a circuit board and it's purpose?
This is what we know. The school authorities did not think to not evacuate the school. The police did not think to call or bring the bomb squad. That very strongly suggests that the police and the school authorities knew pretty quickly that there was no bomb. And he was arrested for having a "hoax bomb". So please stop with the actual bomb possibilities scenarios, because they are not relevant to this situation.

... or a kid who had just learned about first amendment for the first time. Kids do dumb stuff like that all the time. At least I did: I successfully argued with my teacher that it was ok for me to be late for school in the morning because I was atheist for example.
LOL.

They don't care. They don't see themselves as beating up on a kid. It doesn't register in their brains. They just see whatever it is they see that allows them to talk shit about a 14 year old kid.

We are beating up adults who stand with ahmed

No, you are beating up on a kid.

Do you want the quotes?
I did not know you were just a kid

And you still don't
But I know that Ahmed is not an inventor and that it was a hoax bomb.

There you go again. You don't even see it. You had a chance right there to NOT talk about Ahmed, but you had to talk about the boy again. You can't help yourself.

And you still haven't shown where he lied and said the clock was anything but a clock, so no hoax, outside the minds of school and police officials and that is not Ahmed's fault.

Even if it was a true "hoax bomb" (i.e. the intent was to fool people into thinking it was a bomb), the hoax was so transparent that it did not fool anyone. No one acted like it was a bomb. So, the defense of the over-reaction by the police and the school would still seem foolish.

But did you invent a clock? or DVD player?
And how is being atheist lets you be late?
And how is 1st amendment let one to be an asshole? Or I see, being an asshole is one of the requirements of his religion, OK then.
It's a bit harsh to describe 12-year old (which Ahmed was at the time of the 1st amendment incident presumably) acting immature as "being an asshole". It's pretty much expected at that age. That doesn't make him a genius inventor either of course.

Unlike Ameica, in my country we used to have religious announcements over PA system every morning in school (when I was a kid anyway, things may have changed), which in practise had zero religious content but rather some students making stupid speeches or singing or shit like that. Not being a member of state church legally gave me a privilege of not having to listen to religious messages, so if I happened to be late some morning for watching cartoons on tv or oversleeping, I could use my not being a chuch member as an excuse not to get a mark for being late (which was a real thing: too many over the semester would affect my grades or I'd have to give a note to my parents... don't remember exactly). The teacher knew damn well that I was just being a wise-ass but the law is the law. Had I been a muslim or a jew or a jehova's witness I could have used the same excuse.

Most kids don't go doing things that get them suspended. Anyone who get suspended many times is an outlier.

It's a bit harsh to describe 12-year old (which Ahmed was at the time of the 1st amendment incident presumably) acting immature as "being an asshole". It's pretty much expected at that age. That doesn't make him a genius inventor either of course.

Unlike Ameica, in my country we used to have religious announcements over PA system every morning in school (when I was a kid anyway, things may have changed), which in practise had zero religious content but rather some students making stupid speeches or singing or shit like that. Not being a member of state church legally gave me a privilege of not having to listen to religious messages, so if I happened to be late some morning for watching cartoons on tv or oversleeping, I could use my not being a chuch member as an excuse not to get a mark for being late (which was a real thing: too many over the semester would affect my grades or I'd have to give a note to my parents... don't remember exactly). The teacher knew damn well that I was just being a wise-ass but the law is the law. Had I been a muslim or a jew or a jehova's witness I could have used the same excuse.

Most kids don't go doing things that get them suspended. Anyone who get suspended many times is an outlier.
I didn't realize that "outlier" = "asshole".

Really? Most kids don't do things that get them suspended? Yes and no.

You are the same man who said

There's a lot more than that, it just doesn't get caught.

So how can we say or know what kids are doing? Kids could be doing suspension worthy stuff all the time, just not getting caught.

Not really. Zero tolerance policies means that kids get suspended for trivial infractions like chewing gum or in Ahmed's case, blowing soap bubbles in the bathroom.

Not really. Zero tolerance policies means that kids get suspended for trivial infractions like chewing gum or in Ahmed's case, blowing soap bubbles in the bathroom.
He is merely saying that most kids don't ever get suspended.
And as in his latest suspension, blowing soap bubbles might not be the whole story.

And as in his latest suspension, blowing soap bubbles might not be the whole story.

Sheesh... I used to TRY to get suspended. Three days off? DEAL! It wasn't that easy in the 1960s - I usually had to do something truly disruptive or dangerous, until I discovered how sensitive teachers were about their assignments; just writing spoofs instead of history papers etc, seemed to do the trick.

Most kids don't get suspended, that's true, but getting suspended is still common enough that it doesn't make one an "outlier" either. This Breitbart article says that about 15% of students on grades 7-12 in Texas have been suspended 11 times or more.

If been anti-moslem makes me a bigot, then again I'll say that I wear the bigot badge proudly. I'm not bigoted against any other religion actually, Just Islam.

Back
Top Bottom