• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

#IStandWithAhmed (or Inventing While Muslim is a thing?)

So, it's okay for you to read minds, because you lack the imagination to offer an alternate explanation. Got it.

Well there must have been some reason he told the kid not to show it to other people.

The most plausible explanation to me
But the fact that it's plausible to you doesn't justify you treating this supposition as a fact.
There could certainly be other explanations but as of now you ain't got one.
You might want to reread the post of mine you quoted, where at least one possible explanation was offered.

You really do spear to have a reading for comprehension problem, dismal.

Ha!
http://www.amazon.com/Vaultz-Locking-Pencil-Inches-VZ01479/dp/B001BXZ28K

QqCOd6H.png

Well there must have been some reason he told the kid not to show it to other people.

The most plausible explanation to me
But the fact that it's plausible to you doesn't justify you treating this supposition as a fact.
You might want to reread the post of mine you quoted, where at least one possible explanation was offered.

You really do spear to have a reading for comprehension problem, dismal.

You mean like how some people don't seem to comprehend the the word "plausible"?

Popular Science posted a bunch of possible bomb triggers digital clocks that clever hackers like Ahmed can make, as a way of showing the poor kid some support. Some of these would make an English teacher wet her pants.

And here's another tragic story of a young girl who mixed some chemicals together, under adult supervision, to see what happened. When the reaction caused a harmless bang, she was arrested and charged with two felonies and expelled from the school. Sounds like the origin story of a few comic-book villains.

So, it's okay for you to read minds, because you lack the imagination to offer an alternate explanation. Got it.

Because of patent trolls and shady intellectual property brokers. Duh.

The most plausible explanation to me is that a case rigged up with loose wires and a timer looks like it could be a bomb.
And this is why you would not make a good patent clerk.

I wouldn't make a good patent clerk because I think the most plausible reason the engineering teacher told the kid not to show his case full of loose wires and a timer to other people is they might think it's a bomb?

(which is exactly what happened)

I wouldn't make a good patent clerk because I think the most plausible reason the engineering teacher told the kid not to show his case full of loose wires and a timer to other people is they might think it's a bomb?

Even if it's true that this is exactly what happened with the engineering teacher, the response overall was totally inappropriate. No one actually believed the kid had a bomb and that's why they never once responded as if they believed he had a bomb. They did respond as if they wanted to punish a Muslim boy and his family.

Even if it's true that this is exactly what happened with the engineering teacher, the response overall was totally inappropriate. No one actually believed the kid had a bomb and that's why they never once responded as if they believed he had a bomb. They did respond as if they wanted to punish a Muslim boy and his family.

This does not sufficiently take into account that schools act like this all the time.

You load up a place with left leaning bureaucratic imbeciles stoke them up with paranoia about school violence and this is what you get.

This does not sufficiently take into account that schools act like this all the time.

You load up a place with left leaning bureaucratic imbeciles stoke them up with paranoia about school violence and this is what you get.

Pretty sure the paranoia surrounding bomb toting muslims is a right leaning thing...

aa

Pretty sure the paranoia surrounding bomb toting muslims is a right leaning thing...

aa
If these had been right-leaning imbeciles, this kid would have had lots of bullet holes.

NO. You load up a culture with right wing fear mongering, and this is what you get.

NO. You load up a culture with right wing fear mongering, and this is what you get.

What do you think the odds of an English teacher in a 90% minority school district being a right winger are?

What do you think the odds of an English teacher in a 90% minority school district being a right winger are?

Oh, it's just the English teacher then? No other staff? No police? The overall response to this child building a clock was beyond inappropriate, no matter how much you try to tap dance around that.

The most plausible explanation to me is that a case rigged up with loose wires and a timer looks like it could be a bomb.

Since it does. And that's precisely the reaction it got when he did show it to someone.

You have already been given the correct answer numerous times. And in fact, back in the 00's we told our electrical engineering seniors not to carry their senior projects openly in public. The reason was that, in a case very similar to the current one, a student was pulled from the university bus and questioned by police because he was "muslim-looking" and had something with chips and wires visible. Our department head had to explain to police that it was standard digital circuitry common to all of our assigned projects. Then, as now, only an idiot could have thought it was some type of bomb, but some idiot did.

So, I assure you that the real reason the engineering teacher told him not to show the clock is anyone else is that he understood that in the ignorant, paranoid, islamophobic backwater that is the bible belt, there are more than enough idiots who will think that anything with a wire "looks like a bomb", provided that it is carried by someone who "looks muslim". Same as we had here.

Oh, it's just the English teacher then? No other staff? No police? The overall response to this child building a clock was beyond inappropriate, no matter how much you try to tap dance around that.

All the others were involved because of the actions of the English teacher. The belief that this is all due to right wing muslim hatred requires her to be an evil muslim hating right winger or the chain doesn't start.

Since it does. And that's precisely the reaction it got when he did show it to someone.

You have already been given the correct answer numerous times. And in fact, back in the 00's we told our electrical engineering seniors not to carry their senior projects openly in public. The reason was that, in a case very similar to the current one, a student was pulled from the university bus and questioned by police because he was "muslim-looking" and had something with chips and wires visible. Our department head had to explain to police that it was standard digital circuitry common to all of our assigned project. Then, as now, only an idiot could have thought it was some type of bomb, but some idiot did.

So, I assure you that the real reason the engineering teacher told him not to show the clock is anyone else is that he understood that in the ignorant, paranoid, islamophobic backwater that is the bible belt, there are more than enough idiots who will think that anything with a wire "looks like a bomb", provided that it is carried by someone who "looks muslim".

So, you are essentially agreeing with me that the reason the engineering teacher told him not to show it to people is they would think it's a bomb.

Even in an enlightened racially diverse setting under the stewardship of noble union-member public servants such as Irving MacArthur high school.

All the others were involved because of the actions of the English teacher. The belief that this is all due to right wing muslim hatred requires her to be an evil muslim hating right winger or the chain doesn't start.

Right! No one else involved had the wherewithal to say "this isn't right," or the capacity to make their own decisions or analyses at all other than "Well, the English teacher reported it, so let's all of us turn off our brains and go along with the English teacher!"

It's systemic stupidity and fear mongering, reactionary bullshit among numerous people (that's plural - it includes school staff and police) who already buy into a backward belief system without question.

I imagine they are also sitting around today and yesterday doing their own tap dancing to justify their stupidity.

If they thought is was a bomb, why didn't they evacuate the school? Why wasn't the police bomb disposal unit dispatched?

Right! No one else involved had the wherewithal to say "this isn't right," or the capacity to make their own decisions or analyses at all other than "Well, the English teacher reported it, so let's all of us turn off our brains and go along with the English teacher!"

It's systemic stupidity and fear mongering, reactionary bullshit among numerous people (that's plural - it includes school staff and police) who already buy into a backward belief system without question.

I imagine they are also sitting around today and yesterday doing their own tap dancing to justify their stupidity.

Especially the part where the school official said (paraphrased), "When they told me a student had a bomb, I knew it was you."

#NotAllSchools
Oh please show me left leaning bureaucracy in IRVING TEXAS!

Back
Top Bottom